According to David Irons, Sr.

SCWarEagle

If he gets granted the medical redshirt. Mr. Irons posted this on another board. I guess this could just be considered rumor, but this man who claims to be Mr. Irons seems to be who he says he is.

Anyway, that's pretty good news if it's true, so cheer up, Aubie7.

My only concern with his posts is that he says the NCAA should let David know by Jan 25, however you have to declare for the draft by Jan 15.

Can you declare with the stipulation that if the NCAA grants his request he'll stay?

Guest Tigrinum Major
My only concern with his posts is that he says the NCAA should let David know by Jan 25, however you have to declare for the draft by Jan 15.

Can you declare with the stipulation that if the NCAA grants his request he'll stay?

209708[/snapback]

Yes, as long as he does not sign with an agent. I believe that is the situation and the rule.

209708[/snapback]

Yes, as long as he does not sign with an agent. I believe that is the situation and the rule.

209709[/snapback]

He is a senior - only underclassmen have to declare themselves for the draft.

I sure as heck hope he will stay. After watching the bowl game in person I came away with the impression that he is the only good defensive back we have!

Guest Tigrinum Major

209708[/snapback]

209709[/snapback]

He is a senior - only underclassmen have to declare themselves for the draft.

209786[/snapback]

You are correct. This is such a rare situation, I forgot that fact.

it would be great to have him back for one more year on the plains. what a tackler and it will solidfy our db's.

play alongside your brother for one more season. possibly get drafted in the first round as brothers? (being a little optimistic)

It will be great to have him back for another year. He has to be our best or at least top two open field tacklers on the team.

It would also be a nice little PR ploy for the Tigers to have brothers on the same team both being All Sec (David?) get some attn with that...ala the Tiki and Ronde Barber....

Archived