Early Entries in the Draft

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major
Stanley McClover, DE Auburn

Projected: 3rd round

Good or bad move? Size is the issue. He needs to gain about 10-15 more pounds, but there's no questioning his pass rushing skills or his speed. If someone believes he'll get bigger and won't lose his quickness, he might be an early second rounder.

Should I stay or should I go?

All their predictions are optimistic, in my opinion.

One other of note, just because it made me chuckle:

Vince Young, QB Texas

Projected: Top five pick

Good or bad move? He might be the future of the NFL. Think Michael Vick if he was a quarterback. 

Personally, I think McClover will do very well. They talk about putting on some size but there are quite a few guys at that position that are successful strictly because of their ability to get off the ball. Dwight Freeny is all of 250. Demarcus Ware from Troy was 250 when drafted. Don't know what he's at now but he's certainly not huge. Stanley is just too athletically gifted not to make it. They'll find a place for him.

said it before and i'll say it again: At starting outside linebacker from Auburn University, Stanley McClover.

he is another reggie torbor/marcus washington. get ready for it.

I wouldn't be too surprised if a 3-4 team drafts him as a strong side LB. Torbor made the transition from DE in college to LB for the Giants. I still believe Stanley jumped too early.

said it before and i'll say it again: At starting outside linebacker from Auburn University, Stanley McClover.

he is another reggie torbor/marcus washington. get ready for it.

210254[/snapback]

I agree...he may become an end later...but he's a linebacker in the NFL if he wants to play early....

:au::homer:

DE just doesn’t seem likely for him early in his career, the O-line on NFL teams is better than the one at Bammer but then again most high school teams have better lines that UAT :poke: so 4 and 5 sack afternoon will be limited. All joking aside he will be a LB in the NFL, I just cant see him as a DE in the nfl.

dumb move

210491[/snapback]

Thank you for that indepth analysis.

210502[/snapback]

Why take three pages to state the obvious? A full season of healthy play and his stock would soar. He should talk with Robert Johnson.

Guest Tigrinum Major
dumb move

210491[/snapback]

210502[/snapback]

Why take three pages to state the obvious? A full season of healthy play and his stock would soar. He should talk with Robert Johnson.

210511[/snapback]

Then why even say anything?

It might end up and be a mistake, but how about showing a least a modicum of Auburn spirit and wish the kid well?

None of us know the factors that went into his decision. He might have a reason that he doesn't wish to share that played a bigger factor than the draft assessment that he received. Who knows?

It isn't so "obvious" unless you are a lot closer to the situation than any of us know. And even then, it isn't obvious to everyone.

dumb move

210491[/snapback]

210502[/snapback]

210511[/snapback]

Or maybe Rudy - No one thought he should leave after one year at Auburn either.

He might not have gotten the BIG signing bonus but with hard work he has made it just fine.

Good luck SM, work hard and pray to stay healthy and it will be AUsome to watch you on Sundays.

Archived