58 members have voted

1. 1. Andre Smith, Where does he go?

• Alabama
    • Auburn
    • Florida
    • Florida State
    • LSU
    • Southern Cal

:ua: almost has to get him. If they dont, it would be very bad PR wise.

I really dont think we are really recruiting him that hard now anyway, he seems so set on :ua: We would love to have him tho.

Any real info out there?

No hard "facts" so I am not gonna' waste your time. I am "hearing" that this kid REALLY took the IB to heart and does NOT want to be a part of the THUMB.

Take it for what it is worth.(Add .50 cents and you can buy an Ice Cold Coca Cola) :)

If he is such a lock why has he not gone ahead and announced? I look at like this, if he were suppose to be a lock for us, I would be getting worried that he has not announced. I believe he still has some questions about where he is going.

I think he has already committed but they're staying quiet.

Think. If he waits, and pretends to be deciding between a few then all of a sudden the 5star picks Bama, it makes it look like a huge win for them.. even though it's already obvious.

They also may believe that if he pretends to leave his options open then other o-line players may look away from Auburn, fearing that they "may" have to compete for pt with him.

There is no doubt in my mind that he is for bama. They've just told him to be quiet about it. Also, he wants the attention that schools are continuing to give him because they still think they may have a chance at signing him. At the Iron Bowl, as an AU recruiting prospect, they told him that he and his uncle would have to leave if they continued cheering for Bama.

I hope I'm wrong, but i'm 99.9% sure that he is to Bama and I'm shocked to see 9 votes that think he's going to Auburn.

At the Iron Bowl, as an AU recruiting prospect, they told him that he and his uncle would have to leave if they continued cheering for Bama.

210351[/snapback]

It wasn't that he was cheering for bama....it's that he was trying to recruit for bama.

At the Iron Bowl, as an AU recruiting prospect, they told him that he and his uncle would have to leave if they continued cheering for Bama.

210351[/snapback]

It wasn't that he was cheering for bama....it's that he was trying to recruit for bama.

210353[/snapback]

Are these direct quotes from your cousins brothers girlfriends Mom?

wasn't it both?

210357[/snapback]

Yes he was doing both, but the speculation is that he was approached because of the recruiting.

Think. If he waits, and pretends to be deciding between a few then all of a sudden the 5star picks Bama, it makes it look like a huge win for them.. even though it's already obvious.

210351[/snapback]

Wouldn't it be a better move then to just have him declare now? Think about it, 5 Star and #2 overall prospect commiting to Alabama could push more recruits to Bama while they're still available. Sure, having him wait till signing day to commit might make it look like they won some huge battle, however it does nothing for their recruiting as by then almost all of the big-time players will have made their choices.

I don't even have a sister-in-law's second husband's third cousin's boyfriend that has any inside connections, but I've pretty much assumed Andre Smith was a Bama lock for some time. I'd love it if he jilted them, but I'm not expecting it.

But speaking of O-linemen, Let's not forget who we DO have enrolling this week (4 stars according to Rivals...has he officially registered yet?):

[Lee] Tilley, a 6-foot-5, 320-pound offensive lineman from Columbus, Ohio, is expected to start classes once his schedule is set. He graduated from Franklin Heights High School in December and was cleared to begin his college classes last week. He, too, will be eligible to participate in spring practices.
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/113688828672930.xml&coll=2

If he's this big out of high school, what'll he look like after a year or two of "Yoxercise"? :big:

you're right, thats why i left the .1% chance.

Hasn't Auburn stopped heavily recruiting him though? Probably still doing some minor stuff but nothing big I don't think..

I voted for USC, but I really believe he will end up at bama. It would a huge loss if he does not end up in t-town.

Auburn has an outside chance due to Nall's record of putting guys in the pros and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes program at Auburn.

But what do I know . . .?

my roomate went to church with him and according to him its between us and bama... He said that hes now leaning a little toward Auburn just because the success we have been having.. though he still likes bama....Who knows though its just talk ... but I here hes kind of a tool though

Every time he is interviewed and asked about his top schools he always says AU first dont buy a XXXXl crimson jersey just yet

Absolutely, from all accounts I have heard his upside is virtually unlimited.

210370[/snapback]

Guest Tigrinum Major
... but I here hes kind of a tool though

210427[/snapback]

From who? I have never met him personally, but I do know some of his teachers. They are say he is a nice kid with his head on right.

I have heard the rumors from the Iron Bowl, but they are nothing but rumors.

Even if the assessment is correct, why even make it? It is easy to throw comments like this around on here, but remember that anyone can access these forums. If I was a recruit, I wouldn't want to go to a school where the fans were referring to me as a "tool".

Just because he is a Bama lean, folks, doesn't make him a bad kid. Misguided, yes. Who knows what goes into the thought process of these kids? Hell, I was probably referred to as a "tool" when I was 18 and I didn't even have 100 college coaches fawning over me.

Guest Tigrinum Major
... but I here hes kind of a tool though

210427[/snapback]

From who? I have never met him personally, but I do know some of his teachers. They are say he is a nice kid with his head on right.

I have heard the rumors from the Iron Bowl, but they are nothing but rumors.

Even if the assessment is correct, why even make it? It is easy to throw comments like this around on here, but remember that anyone can access these forums. If I was a recruit, I wouldn't want to go to a school where the fans were referring to me as a "tool".

Just because he is a Bama lean, folks, doesn't make him a bad kid. Misguided, yes. Who knows what goes into the thought process of these kids? Hell, I was probably referred to as a "tool" when I was 18 and I didn't even have 100 college coaches fawning over me.

Archived