Nike's Phil Knight

Guest Tigrinum Major

A funny story on a personal note involving Phil Knight. My wife, her sister and her husband all went to Oregon St. My brother-in-law was on the track team at OSU and ran against Phil when Phil was at Oregon. Mike and Phil became friends of sorts even thought they were at rival schools. When they graduated, Phil told Mike he was going to start a shoe company, starting by selling tennis shoes out of his station wagon. Phil tried to talk Mike into being partners with him. Mike was originally from Los Angeles so Phil offered him the franchise for the state of California. But Mike had his degree in pharmacy and didn't see a lot of future in swelling shoes out of his car.

As they say, the rest is history. How would you like to own the Nike franchise for all of California? But not to fear, Mike has done very, very well. Along the way he has told me many stories about Phil's involvement with Oregon. He puts Logan Young to shame. And I never buy anything made by Nike.

Here's one on Bama's boosters that got busted by UT.

Bama link, with video!

What the heck is ESPN trying to do, get everyone but USC, OSU, and Texas investigated so they can have the game of the universe again next year?

And right before recruiting season commences... :no:

I'll be glad when the day Lowder is no longer able to meddle with Auburn University and its affairs. Sad thing is there will be another Bobby Lowder, cause people let power corrupt them.

Archived