Ben Tate

WarTiger

Sounds like Tuberville will be finding a spot for him to get early playing time...

On the signing of running back Ben Tate...

"We saw Ben play and run in camp last year. It was kind of a no-brainer for us. Most of the guys that we've signed on this list, we've either spent some time with them or they came to our camp. Ben Tate is a prime example. He came with his dad, and obviously after the 13-0 season and the recognition we got from Ronnie and Carnell, he wanted to go somewhere where the school runs the ball. He fell in love with Auburn and it was one of those situations where he pretty much knew where he wanted to go early.

"We did watch him play. He got hurt last year. He played seven or eight games with a high ankle sprain. I think he broke the rushing record in the state of Maryland, and I went and watched him play in the state championship game in Baltimore. He's got everything you want. He can catch the ball, he can block. I think the sky is the limit for him. We know a lot more about him than we do these other guys personally because he's been with us for a month. His work ethic is outstanding, and he's got that eye to him that he wants to play and play very early and I would imagine that he's going to be on the field next year."

The next in a long line of superb AU tailbacks. He, along with Irons and Lester, should cause some sleepless nights for a lot of DC's in the SEC.

The kid just turned 17. I imagine he'll get a wake up call in spring practice. 1A ball in MD is a looooong way from the SEC. I think he's a special talent, but imagine a yr of Yoxercise may be good once he gets on the practice field. Whole different level of speeed he'll be facing. He'll end up playing around 220 IMO.

Kind of off subject but, keeping with the running back idea. What is going to be done with Tristan Davis is he on D for sure or will he be a situational player for the offense? I would like to see him get his hands on the ball at some point in the game be it with kick/punt returns or somehow.

Kind of off subject but, keeping with the running back idea. What is going to be done with Tristan Davis is he on D for sure or will he be a situational player for the offense? I would like to see him get his hands on the ball at some point in the game be it with kick/punt returns or somehow.

218097[/snapback]

I think it would take a severe emergency (injuries) to get Tristan back on O. CTT was very clear on the fact that it was a temporary adjustment brought on by lack of depth. I think Tristan has a chance to grow into a star in the secondary and coach stated that his strengths were better suited to D.

That said, I believe he could really be a weapon as a punt returner.

218097[/snapback]

Hard to ignore a 20 ypc average, isn't it? The reality is that CTT has been signing some exceptional athletes and TD is one of them. I'd like to see him return some punts/KOs too, but I'd really like to see him return some interceptions. :big:

Archived