Muschamp's LSU Numbers

StatTiger

... Secondly,  2 SEC Championships plus a third runner up compared to just one SEC Championship is not similar stuff in my book.  That's twice as many SEC Championships.  On top of that Tubberville has been a head coach longer.  This is why most publications and fans outside of AU and UGA rate Mark Richt the #1 SEC coach.  You lose all credibility by saying is not even debatable.

218084[/snapback]

Pffft, what do fans outside of AU and UGA actually know about Richt? Listen to Slink on this board complain about the boneheaded play calling of Richt.

Actually, CTT also had one of those SEC runner-up thangs his 2nd year at AU. So, the tally is Richt: 2 SEC champs & 1 other SECCG appearance, versus Tuberville: 1 SEC champ & 1 other SECCG appearance. Advantage Richt by 1 SEC championship. Head-to-head coaching: CTT is 3-2 against Richt; 5-2 against UGA overall. AU has OWNED Georgia since CTT took over. Advantage Tuberville. Overall, CTT's record at AU: 60-27 (1st year 1999); CMR's record at UGA: 52-13 (1st year 2001.) At first glance, one might be tempted to say advantage Richt. A closer examination would reveal that CTT took over a program in shambles left over by the drunken Munchkin. CMR took over a program in pretty good shape left over by Jim Donnan. Donnan had the misfortune of playing (and losing except for 1 year) against Spurrier's UF teams. Richt played 1 game against Spurrier's Gators and lost, and then promptly lost 3 of the next 4 UGA-UF games, only tallying 1 win against that Master of Coaches, Ron Zook. Let's remember 2001, shall we? CTT engineered the win over the then #1 ranked Gators -- one of Spurrier's best overall teams that was averaging close to 50 ppg. It can argued that it was the biggest surprise upset since the Battle of Stalingrad. Overall advantage, Tubberville. Not even close -- just ask any AU or UGA fans. :big:

Pffft, what do fans outside of AU and UGA actually know about Richt? Listen to Slink on this board complain about the boneheaded play calling of Richt.

Actually, CTT also had one of those SEC runner-up thangs his 2nd year at AU. So, the tally is Richt: 2 SEC champs & 1 other SECCG appearance, versus Tuberville: 1 SEC champ & 1 other SECCG appearance. Advantage Richt by 1 SEC championship. Head-to-head coaching: CTT is 3-2 against Richt; 5-2 against UGA overall. AU has OWNED Georgia since CTT took over. Advantage Tuberville. Overall, CTT's record at AU: 60-27 (1st year 1999); CMR's record at UGA: 52-13 (1st year 2001.) At first glance, one might be tempted to say advantage Richt. A closer examination would reveal that CTT took over a program in shambles left over by the drunken Munchkin. CMR took over a program in pretty good shape left over by Jim Donnan. Donnan had the misfortune of playing (and losing except for 1 year) against Spurrier's UF teams. Richt played 1 game against Spurrier's Gators and lost, and then promptly lost 3 of the next 4 UGA-UF games, only tallying 1 win against that Master of Coaches, Ron Zook. Let's remember 2001, shall we? CTT engineered the win over the then #1 ranked Gators -- one of Spurrier's best overall teams that was averaging close to 50 ppg. It can argued that it was the biggest surprise upset since the Battle of Stalingrad. Overall advantage, Tubberville. Not even close -- just ask any AU or UGA fans. 

Every coach, no matter how good, makes mistakes. I'm sure Slink was just pointing out some of those mistakes. Besides you're not going to tell me that AU fans never complain about Tuberville. I'm sure I could pull up thread after thread if I had the time. Again, it's all about who has the most Championships. If AU wins the SEC championship this year I'll call it a draw between Tubs and Richt. They are really that close but for now have to give Richt the edge.

You actually helped me make my point unless you believe Ron Zook is a better coach than Richt? If head to head is as important as you and others claim then it must be so. Ron Zook is better.

Also, I recall an average at best coach named Dinardo winning a game against one of Spurrier's best teams.

If LSU happens to beat AU this year that would make Les Miles 2-0 against Tuberville but that wouldn't make Les the better coach. Miles needs Championships under his belt to be rated up there with Richt and Tuberville.

Actually, CTT also had one of those SEC runner-up thangs his 2nd year at AU. So, the tally is Richt: 2 SEC champs & 1 other SECCG appearance, versus Tuberville: 1 SEC champ & 1 other SECCG appearance. Advantage Richt by 1 SEC championship. Head-to-head coaching: CTT is 3-2 against Richt; 5-2 against UGA overall. AU has OWNED Georgia since CTT took over. Advantage Tuberville. Overall, CTT's record at AU: 60-27 (1st year 1999); CMR's record at UGA: 52-13 (1st year 2001.) At first glance, one might be tempted to say advantage Richt. A closer examination would reveal that CTT took over a program in shambles left over by the drunken Munchkin. CMR took over a program in pretty good shape left over by Jim Donnan. Donnan had the misfortune of playing (and losing except for 1 year) against Spurrier's UF teams. Richt played 1 game against Spurrier's Gators and lost, and then promptly lost 3 of the next 4 UGA-UF games, only tallying 1 win against that Master of Coaches, Ron Zook. Let's remember 2001, shall we? CTT engineered the win over the then #1 ranked Gators -- one of Spurrier's best overall teams that was averaging close to 50 ppg. It can argued that it was the biggest surprise upset since the Battle of Stalingrad. Overall advantage, Tubberville. Not even close -- just ask any AU or UGA fans. 

Every coach, no matter how good, makes mistakes. I'm sure Slink was just pointing out some of those mistakes. Besides you're not going to tell me that AU fans never complain about Tuberville. I'm sure I could pull up thread after thread if I had the time. Again, it's all about who has the most Championships. If AU wins the SEC championship this year I'll call it a draw between Tubs and Richt. They are really that close but for now have to give Richt the edge.

You actually helped me make my point unless you believe Ron Zook is a better coach than Richt? If head to head is as important as you and others claim then it must be so. Ron Zook is better.

Also, I recall an average at best coach named Dinardo winning a game against one of Spurrier's best teams.

If LSU happens to beat AU this year that would make Les Miles 2-0 against Tuberville but that wouldn't make Les the better coach. Miles needs Championships under his belt to be rated up there with Richt and Tuberville.

218132[/snapback]

I believe I'll use your own logic against you here.

No one solicited your opinion or cares what it happens to be. You're wrong and that pretty much settles it. Now go find some other windmill at which to tilt. Your lance is broken here.

No one solicited your opinion or cares what it happens to be. You're wrong and that pretty much settles it. Now go find some other windmill at which to tilt. Your lance is broken here.

How's that my logic? Someone made a claim that I asked for their opinion which was false. They came across with a holier than thou attitude(just how you're coming across) and I don't want or need opinions from people with that mind set. If you don't care about my opinion then act like it by not responding to my post.

Can you guys that said the quotes below have an honest civilized debate with a fan from an opposing school? Apparently not. You guys sound like you have a chip on your shoulder. These two statement below are as about as self-righteous as one can get. :no:

"You're wrong and that pretty much settles it" and "Your opinion is noted, deemed worthless and dismissed."

How's that my logic? Someone made a claim that I asked for their opinion which was false. They came across with a holier than thou attitude(just how you're coming across) and I don't want or need opinions from people with that mind set. If you don't care about my opinion then act like it by not responding to my post.

Can you guys that said the quotes below have an honest civilized debate with a fan from an opposing school? Apparently not. You guys sound like you have a chip on your shoulder. These two statement below are as about as self-righteous as one can get. :no:

"You're wrong and that pretty much settles it" and "Your opinion is noted, deemed worthless and dismissed."

218139[/snapback]

I don't know anything about your holiness or lack thereof, so I can't speak to whether I may or may not be holier than you.

I can tell from your position that I am your superior in ways you could never comprehend.

Now run along. Nobody asked you, remember?

I can tell from your position that I am your superior in ways you could never comprehend. 

You are as superior to me as Shula is to Richt. Oh never mind, you can't comprehend that. :lol:

You can have the last word if you choose. It's a waste of time arguing with people that are so self-righteous they don't believe in civilized debating. We all know it's just a cover for a lack of debating skills.

You are as superior to me as Shula is to Richt. Oh never mind, you can't comprehend that. :lol:

You can have the last word if you choose. It's a waste of time arguing with people that are so self-righteous they don't believe in civilized debating. We all know it's just a cover for a lack of debating skills.

218162[/snapback]

You -- and your opinion -- were dismissed about 15 posts ago. Please take the hint.

Pffft, what do fans outside of AU and UGA actually know about Richt?  Listen to Slink on this board complain about the boneheaded play calling of Richt. 

Did you read this board after the Tech/Wisconsin games?

I bitch about Richt, I get mad at Richt, and so forth...but it is just me venting. Everyone does it after losses.

I was about ready to fire him after the Auburn game....but I didnt really want him fired...I just wanted to bitch.

I'm sure none of those stats had anything to do with the great defensive minded Nick Saban.

Of course anyone that worked underneath Nick should be a good hire.

217865[/snapback]

Muschamp worked under Wayne Hall too...I'm sure he picked up on a couple of things from him as well as Saban. You know Wayne Hall might have learned a thing or two from Bear Bryant and Pat Dye.

Whether or not Saban relied eniterely on Muschamp early on, I'm sure that Muschamp has a good idea of what it takes to make a successful SEC defense.

I'm sure none of those stats had anything to do with the great defensive minded Nick Saban.

Of course anyone that worked underneath Nick should be a good hire.

217865[/snapback]

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

No one EVER said that Saban wasn't a good coach...so your point is????!!! I mean, did you lord it over Muschamp when he was at LS_WHO that he was "NO NICK SABAN...I KNOW NICK SABAN!" Get over it. Coaches move around all the time. Hope he's good one for us...and I know that you don't. So what else is new???

:au::homer:

It's "Tuberville" NOT Tubberville

218093[/snapback]

OBJECTION SUSTAINED!!!! :D

:au::homer:

Archived