Muschamp's LSU Numbers

StatTiger

portraitmuschampw8pm.jpg

Yards per Game:

2002: 134.1 rush / 152.7 pass / 286.8 total

2003: 67.0 rush / 185.0 pass / 252.0 total

2004: 99.8 rush / 157.2 pass / 256.9 total

*The last time Auburn's defense allowed under 300 yards per game for three consecutive seasons was in 1988-1990.

Pts per Game:

2002: 18.7

2003: 11.0

2004: 17.1

Forced-turnovers:

2002: 25 ( 17 INT )

2003: 33 ( 21 INT )

2004: 23 ( 14 INT )

*Auburn made 48 interceptions from 2002-2004, LSU had 52.

Sacks:

2002: 27

2003: 44

2004: 37

*Auburn made 100 sacks from 2002-2004, LSU had 108.

3rd down pct allowed:

2002: 29%

2003: 24%

2004: 32%

*If Muschamp is even slightly better than Chizik, we are headed for some very good times.

:au::football::cheer:

Stat, your work is much appreciated.... :thumbsup::au:

I'm sure none of those stats had anything to do with the great defensive minded Nick Saban.

Of course anyone that worked underneath Nick should be a good hire.

217865[/snapback]

With all due respect, LSU fan, Tuberville is no slouch at the defensive side of football either. Tubs had some monster defensive teams we he was the DC in his career.

Sooooo, the same thing you said about Nick Saban, can be said about Tom Tuberville.

"Of course anyone that worked underneath Nick should be a good hire".

Jimbo Fisher was a very average QB coach when he was @ AU.

217871[/snapback]

Jimbo is an average OC at LSU. With all the 5 star talent they have at WR, it makes me sick how inconsistent they are. Muschamp is a great hire for :au: , that is the last place I wanted him to go. I like him so its hard to root for him since he is with the team that I hate the most.

With all due respect, LSU fan, Tuberville is no slouch at the defensive side of football either. Tubs had some monster defensive teams we he was the DC in his career.

Sooooo, the same thing you said about Nick Saban, can be said about Tom Tuberville.

When LSU had their great defense during the 2003 national championship year LSU fans knew Nick Saban was the mastermind behind it. Make no mistake. That was Nick's defense and not Muschamps. I don't think you can say the same for Tuberville. Having said that, I think Muschamp is a great hire for AU because he learned from the best.

Yes, AU has had some great defenses under Tuberville but I think the perception is it's because he made good choices in hiring DC's. And that's not to take anything away from Tuberville because right now I think he's the second best coach in the SEC.

And that's not to take anything away from Tuberville because right now I think he's the second best coach in the SEC.

217907[/snapback]

And just who do you think is the best coach in the SEC (as if we all didn't know)

When LSU had their great defense during the 2003 national championship year LSU fans knew Nick Saban was the mastermind behind it. Make no mistake. That was Nick's defense and not Muschamps. I don't think you can say the same for Tuberville. Having said that, I think Muschamp is a great hire for AU because he learned from the best.

Yes, AU has had some great defenses under Tuberville but I think the perception is it's because he made good choices in hiring DC's. And that's not to take anything away from Tuberville because right now I think he's the second best coach in the SEC.

217907[/snapback]

Thats a interesting comment considering that Chizik reworked Texas's Defense, most notably the LB position for speed, which has been a staple of Tuberville's defense since the Miami days.

Then Muschamp lied to the press about calling the plays, suprised that Saban put up with that.

Besides if you listen to Bill Oliver, neither Tuberville or Saban run their own defenses.

Also a shame how Dean Pees career has just gone down the drain without Saban.

Btw, you mind lecturing you LSU buddies about being PC in the recruiting forum, I found some of their steretyping remarks to be racist and offensive and you said you wouldn't put with that stuff. No matter who a person roots for :)

Btw, you mind lecturing you LSU buddies about being PC in the recruiting forum, I found some of their steretyping remarks to be racist and offensive and you said you wouldn't put with that stuff.  No matter who a person roots for  :)

Sure, post the link and I'll give'm hell. :)

Just like nature and nurture, coaching and playing talent are really difficult to separate. I'm happy with the hire, I think Saban is good coach. CTT is good coach, we had good Dcc's during the years Muschamps was at LSU but were the differences in the defenses due to on the field coaching or recruiting or the players intangibles. I dunno.

As long as it wasn't solely due to Saban's recruiting, we should be fine!

While I respect Saban as one of the best coaches around, I also think Tuberville is at least as good as Saban when it comes to pure defense. Regardless of who called the shots at LSU, it's obvious that the Saban/Muschamp symbiosis turned out some great defenses there. I see know reason why Tuberville and Muschamp can't find the same cooperative magic to produce as good or better defenses here. And as the Muschamp/Saban partnership shows, Muschamp is used to sharing the stage with a defense-minded head coach so there's a better chance of him staying around longer.

Also, I think it's a great complement to us that he chose us because I'm sure he had other good possibliites. Whatever Muschamp's reasons for not being in Miami, once he made it known (even quietly) that he was job-hunting, I'm sure he got a lot of nice offers besides Auburn, college and/or pro. He has to be one of the choicest plums on the assistant coach market right now. It makes me feel good to know he chose us; it tells me we are also one of the choicest programs on the market these days. We've become one of those top programs that assistants are really eager to come to.

And finally, this strikes me as sort of the ying to Bama's yang when it comes to head coaches intruding on assistants. In Bama's case, I really think they will never have a great offense as long as Shula's there because I don't see him attracting or working well with an offensive coordinator. But I also don't think he has a strong enough offensive mind to do it by himself. However, Tuberville has proven with Chizik and with some national championship defenses at Miami, that he can work with a strong DC and the teamwork approach to coaching. And I believe Tuberville does have enough defensive knowledge to know what he's doing. [and I geniunely do not mean this as a flame at Bama or even ribbing--I just expressing an honest opinion with no insult intended.]

And just who do you think is the best coach in the SEC (as if we all didn't know)

Mark Richt.

217910[/snapback]

Hmm... might as well asy Mike Shula. Richt head-to-head against Tuberville teams that supposedly had inferior talent hasn't fared so well.

Your opinion is noted, deemed worthless and dismissed. Thanks for trying.

Mark Richt.

217910[/snapback]

Hmm... might as well asy Mike Shula. Richt head-to-head against Tuberville teams that supposedly had inferior talent hasn't fared so well.

218027[/snapback]

The fact that you don't even think it's up to debate who's the better coach out of Richt and Tubberville shows that you are uninformed. You're a complete moron if you really believe Richt's accomplishment are similar to Shula's. Mark Richt has two SEC Championships and a runner up SEC Championship in the last 5 years. How many does Tubberville have? You can have the head to head. I think the UGA fans would rather the championships.

By the way it takes someone with intelligence to dismiss an opinion and intelligence you don't have. At least concerning this subject.

Mark Richt.

217910[/snapback]

218027[/snapback]

The fact that you don't even think it's up to debate who's the better coach out of Richt and Tubberville shows that you are uninformed. You're a complete moron if you really believe Richt's accomplishment are similar to Shula's. Mark Richt has two SEC Championships and a runner up SEC Championship in the last 5 years. How many does Tubberville have? You can have the head to head. I think the UGA fans would rather the championships.

By the way it takes someone with intelligence to dismiss an opinion and intelligence you don't have. At least concerning this subject.

218074[/snapback]

Sorry, pal, but you're thinking with the wrong part of your anatomy. You ask me who's the better coach and I look at what the two have accomplished. Pretty similar stuff over the same timeframe.

Then I look head-to-head and well.... your guy doesn't cut it.

Since you obviously don't do subtlelty, allow me to explain it to you, k? The reference to Shula is called being "facetious". Just my way of letting you know that your opinion is unfounded.

You're right, it's not up for debate. Tuberville's won the SEC and gone undefeated in the last few years. He owns Richt head to head. Game over. Check the scoreboard for confirmation.

I'm sure none of those stats had anything to do with the great defensive minded Nick Saban.

Of course anyone that worked underneath Nick should be a good hire.

217865[/snapback]

and...Jimbo Fisher learned all he knows from Tiny Tot. :lol::lol::lol::lol::poke:

Mark Richt.

217910[/snapback]

218027[/snapback]

218074[/snapback]

Sorry, pal, but you're thinking with the wrong part of your anatomy. You ask me who's the better coach and I look at what the two have accomplished. Pretty similar stuff over the same timeframe.

Then I look head-to-head and well.... your guy doesn't cut it.

Since you obviously don't do subtlelty, allow me to explain it to you, k? The reference to Shula is called being "facetious". Just my way of letting you know that your opinion is unfounded.

You're right, it's not up for debate. Tuberville's won the SEC and gone undefeated in the last few years. He owns Richt head to head. Game over. Check the scoreboard for confirmation.

218077[/snapback]

First of all, I didn't ask you for your opinion. I really don't care what it is. Secondly, 2 SEC Championships plus a third runner up compared to just one SEC Championship is not similar stuff in my book. That's twice as many SEC Championships. On top of that Tubberville has been a head coach longer. This is why most publications and fans outside of AU and UGA rate Mark Richt the #1 SEC coach. You lose all credibility by saying is not even debatable.

First of all, I didn't ask you for your opinion.  I really don't care what it is.

And you think we care about your opinions?

Obviously, if you come to a message board type environment....and throw out a bunch of junk called an opinion, people will respond with their opinions.

Its a simple concept really.... Dont want to hear other people's opinions? Well dont spit out yours.

Btw, you mind lecturing you LSU buddies about being PC in the recruiting forum, I found some of their steretyping remarks to be racist and offensive and you said you wouldn't put with that stuff.  No matter who a person roots for  :)

Sure, post the link and I'll give'm hell. :)

217925[/snapback]

Recruiting board, thread on Kirkland. Accusing our african american players of living in trailors and having multiple kids through their sisters :o Calico is the offender.

Archived