Opinions on Muschamp

DKW 86

You guys got at good one. He's young, players like him and respond to him. He's very firey on the sidelines, that's for sure. I saw a similar post earlier on this board where an LSU fan stated something to the effect that Mushcamp was just filling the title spot of a DC, but in fact Saban was calling the shots. The response from the AU fan was that he "didn't know what he was talking about." I'm pretty sure that the LSU fan was also trying to rile up you guys, but I can tell you that it was pretty much the feeling in Baton Rouge that Saban in fact did have 100% control of that defense. I can guarantee you that they were all Saban's plays and I would be surprised if he didn't have veto power on playcalling. That being said, we all loved Muschamp's ability to fire up the defense and he's been around Saban long enough to know that system through and through, so he should be able to run it very well at Auburn. I'm not trying to flame. I think Muschamp has learned enough to be a great young coordinator (and eventually a HC somewhere). I just think the AU poster earlier who said Saban wasn't running the defense is the one who didn't know what he was talkng about. Can't wait for next season!!

You guys got at good one.  He's young, players like him and respond to him.  He's very firey on the sidelines, that's for sure.  I saw a similar post earlier on this board where an LSU fan stated something to the effect that Mushcamp was just filling the title spot of a DC, but in fact Saban was calling the shots.  The response from the AU fan was that he "didn't know what he was talking about."  I'm pretty sure that the LSU fan was also trying to rile up you guys, but I can tell you that it was pretty much the feeling in Baton Rouge that Saban in fact did have 100% control of that defense.  I can guarantee you that they were all Saban's plays and I would be surprised if he didn't have veto power on playcalling.  That being said, we all loved Muschamp's ability to fire up the defense and he's been around Saban long enough to know that system through and through, so he should be able to run it very well at Auburn.  I'm not trying to flame.  I think Muschamp has learned enough to be a great young coordinator (and eventually a HC somewhere).  I just think the AU poster earlier who said Saban wasn't running the defense is the one who didn't know what he was talkng about.  Can't wait for next season!!

217934[/snapback]

Thanks for the feedback. Good to read.

So, give us a recap on Muschamp and what you guys think of him.

217901[/snapback]

He's no Bo Pelini, but he's serviceable for a program like Auburn.

who the hell is bo pellini?......didn't he star in "brokeback mountain?"

218686[/snapback]

Along with his co-star...Les somethintheother. :)

Archived