QB--big edge to Auburn

RB--edge to Auburn

WR--Big Edge to Auburn

TE--slight edge to Auburn

OL--big edge to bama

DL--big edge to Auburn

LB--edge to Auburn

DB--big edge to bama

Kickers-- big edge to Auburn (bama didn't sign any)

Overall--edge to Auburn

Proud Tiger, I've got to disagree slightly with the QB, RB and TE comparison. ON PAPER, the kid from Texas might be better than rated. I like what I have read about him. Good vision, strong arm and athletic. Very solid. However nothing that a Bama coaching staff couldn't ruin. Caudle has all the talent to be super but must prove that he is beyond the knee problems. RB looks good for both teams but Ford is as good as any back on the board. I hope for a tie at this position. Again, TE is too close to call. Dial and Goggans both look awfully good. This one is a tie also.

We both may have egg on our face in a couple of years. I'm betting Ford has a difficult time with the books. Two years and gone (NFL) maybe. How many of these guys will even be around in four years?

Excellent analysis by both of you guys. I tend to agree with what was said about Ford, geeeez, they have been trying forever to get this guy eligible so I have doubts about him staying eligible. But he must be a great back....I also agree with his bolting for the NFL as soon as possible if he can. I also agree about the QB's. McLroy may be better than we thought and lets not forget Caudle's knees and Ensminger question marks. Otherwise, I think the analysis was pretty much on target and made good reading.

What do you think about next year? I believe we will go more after DB's, LB's, OL and Bammer will undoubtedly go after DL heavily as well as WR and RB. What do you think? WDE! :au:

No argument. I was assuming (as I have read) that Caudle is near 100% and his knees will be stronger than ever. I also assumed Ford will not make it.

I am too lazy to find the link, but there was a story in the Bammerham News a week or so ago about Caudle. It basically said that the doctor who did his knee surgery told him that his knee ligaments were prone to tears, but the surgeries he had performed almost ensured that will not happen again. I know with a great enough wrenching blow, it would happen to anyone, but it sounds like the comparisons to Crodie are unwarranted at this point.

I also think Ensminger is a "diamond in the rough" type recruit. A coaches son who transferred before his Senior year...not worthy of a high ranking, but could be a very good QB.

As for the Running Backs, Ford will be very good and the other kid they got out of Miss. was the player of the year in his classification if I am not mistaken. Combine that with the fact that Tate was the only true RB Auburn signed would give the edge to Alabama, but I still wouldn't trade the entire lineup of Auburn's running backs with theirs.

Who is this "Bama" you speak of? Seems irrelevant to me. Maybe we should compare our recruiting to a higher class team. Like Ole Miss...

OBI

Let's see Auburn University: Top 10 recruiting class(if that matters to anyone), Head Coach Tommy Tuberville, Offensive Coordinator: Al Borges, Defensive Coordinator: Will Muschamp.

Let's not forget, the kids still have to be coached. TOP 10 class with our coaching staff, will have us competing for the biggest prize in college football, on a regular basis.

Proud Tiger, I've got to disagree slightly with the QB, RB and TE comparison. ON PAPER, the kid from Texas might be better than rated. I like what I have read about him. Good vision, strong arm and athletic. Very solid. However nothing that a Bama coaching staff couldn't ruin. Caudle has all the talent to be super but must prove that he is beyond the knee problems. RB looks good for both teams but Ford is as good as any back on the board. I hope for a tie at this position. Again, TE is too close to call. Dial and Goggans both look awfully good. This one is a tie also.

We both may have egg on our face in a couple of years. I'm betting Ford has a difficult time with the books. Two years and gone (NFL) maybe. How many of these guys will even be around in four years?

218402[/snapback]

Comparing Dial to Goggans is a joke. :lol:

Dial seems very similar to Preston Gothard who played with the turd in the 80's and later with the Steelers. Good hands but incredible blocker. I think this guy is solid and will be very steady for them. However, I do like our TE recruiting over the last two years. I think we are loaded for the future with very athletic TEs.

I agree totally on the TE situation. Shula would have given his first born for either Tommy Trott or Gabe McKenzie last year but he lost out on both. I'm sure Dial is a good prospect, but I wouldn't trade Goggins for him. When you throw in Bennett, Trott, and McKenzie, uat looks a little sick at the TE position when compared to UA.

Wait a minute, they looks the same at most positions...and on the coaching staff :D

Archived