Sir Charles

Five0

Yeah I was watching, even Letterman was trying to sort out the mascot thing. I liked Sir Charles response, Auburn is just such a great place it needs three names. I went to Charles’s home about 10 or 12 years ago, I know people say a lot of bad things about his attitude but he really is a good guy.

I was kind of dissapointed Charles didn't set the record straight with the mascot thing. He said that "maybe the football team is the War Eagles because as eagle flies around the stadium". I wonder if he even listened to the fans that screamed WAR EAGLE when he was on the basketball court?

I was kind of dissapointed Charles didn't set the record straight with the mascot thing. He said that "maybe the football team is the War Eagles because as eagle flies around the stadium". I wonder if he even listened to the fans that screamed WAR EAGLE when he was on the basketball court?

220347[/snapback]

The sad thing is is that there is a good chance Charles doesn't really know.

220347[/snapback]

The sad thing is is that there is a good chance Charles doesn't really know.

220366[/snapback]

That is how it really came across. Letterman asked and Charles tried to adlib.

But he was funny.

"When I was growing up I don't know any black guys who wanted to get away to Oklahoma! They wanted to get away, NY, Chicago, Miami, Philladephia, but I didn't know any who wanted to go to Oklahoma." Charles Barkley

Yeah I was watching, even Letterman was trying to sort out the mascot thing.  I liked Sir Charles response, Auburn is just such a great place it needs three names. I went to Charles’s home about 10 or 12 years ago, I know people say a lot of bad things about his attitude but he really is a good guy.

220317[/snapback]

Glad to hear Sir Charles talking good 'bout Auburn after all these years. So often big BIG stars either forget or never cared for their college years.

and scorp, shiny sig, btw :thumbsup:

Yeah I was watching, even Letterman was trying to sort out the mascot thing.  I liked Sir Charles response, Auburn is just such a great place it needs three names. I went to Charles’s home about 10 or 12 years ago, I know people say a lot of bad things about his attitude but he really is a good guy.

220317[/snapback]

Glad to hear Sir Charles talking good 'bout Auburn after all these years. So often big BIG stars either forget or never cared for their college years.

and scorp, shiny sig, btw :thumbsup:

220461[/snapback]

I have a bunch of them, all are different if you want one.

Archived