Prothro Update

WarTiger

My money says he never plays again. he would be crazy to even attempt it. For his sake I hope he doesn't. Why take the risk of permanent disability, if he doesn't have one already?

I read on a few closed forums that Prothro is not really expected back at all. If he does come back it will be at a very reduced level. Several prominent bama folks have told me that the reports they get are that he has permanent nerve damage. Nerves do not regenerate. if that is true, he may be finished. He was/is an awesome athlete. I remember having this discussion with BG a year ago that Prothro scared me more than any player we suited up against. Wish the best for the young man.

I pray for a complete recovery and that he may be able to have a "normal" life.

IF he ever plays the game again, that would be gravy for him.

Man, the rivalry takes a back seat here, no doubt. I wish him the best and hope that he can make a full recovery. I wondered to myself why he was in the hospital for so long initially, and now I believe I know for sure.

Prayers to the Prothro family and hopes that he had that insurance before this happened to him.

His cousin lives next door to me and told me about the surgery about 2 weeks ago and said they were pretty sure he wasn't going to be able to play again. It's sad he was a great talent.

I hate to see things like that happen.. I blame Brodie Croyle. ..

220914[/snapback]

Don't be silly. You know everything that goes wrong in West Vance is Phil Fulmer's fault!

Seriously, though, all my best wishes & prayers go out to Prothro

My money says he never plays again. he would be crazy to even attempt it. For his sake I hope he doesn't. Why take the risk of permanent disability, if he doesn't have one already?

220809[/snapback]

I'm with you. I hate it for the kid cause he was a very good player, but I really doubt that he will ever play again.

Many obstacles can be overcome with willpower and desire. I wish him the best of luck. He seems to have his head screwed on right. (Except for that dark pink jersey "thing".)

Update on Prothro:

Info for the Tuscaloosa Rag - You will have to register

The surgery was a success and there is still a slim chance that he will return this year.  I find that hard to believe that anyone really thinks that. 

I hope he does recover completely and plays again, but to hope for this season is a little optimistic.

221314[/snapback]

I think he takes the medical redshirt and comes back in 2007. I wish my home boy from Heflin the very best.... Recover soon, Tyrone.

:au::homer:

Archived