Muschamp: Our LBs are Too Small.

metafour

I dont have any direct quotes, but I've heard that CWM stated that he thinks our LBs are too small as a unit. As a team that has a history of using smaller/speedier LBs over the years it will be interesting to see how this will shape up in the future. Does this give Sears an advantage as he is our only LB in the 240lb range? Will we start looking at recruiting more bigger LBs? Will we ask our guys to put on more weight than we have in the past?

it could mean that will has a better chance of sticking at LB if the safeties are competent behind them. he's bigger than any of our starters from last year, and kevin was obviously the biggest in the rotation. personally, i don't mind having a travis williams mixed into thomas and dansby, but i thought last year was a little over the top with zero backers over 6'1" 220lbs.

Was Muschamp actively involved in the positional changes announced yesterday or today? The Bham News did not mention him, but implied that it all came from Tuberville.

Based on performance and production, I have no complaints about our LB's of the last 3-4 years. I sort of thought CWM's priority would be "blitz-ability", so we shall see.

I remember Gibbs wanting to beef up the D, too. Rivals says Leverette is 6' 205 and Stevens is 6'3" 210. Realistically those guys might gain 20 pounds in the program.

Was Muschamp actively involved in the positional changes announced yesterday or today?  The Bham News did not mention him, but implied that it all came from Tuberville.

221765[/snapback]

Something I read yesterday had where they quoted Will H. said that he spoke with CWM about the change.

I will look for the link.

Will Herring is going to be moved to Linebacker and be replaced by Tristan Davis. There are stories on rivals and scout. Davis should be exciting next year.

If Will put on a few more pounds he could be a really effective LB, he's fast, he tackles well, and he will understand coverage because of his time in the secondary.

Archived