Put Auburn down for 11 victories

Tigermike

Put Auburn down for 11 victories

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Tommy Tuberville usually does his best work when he's under the radar screen as opposed to being the preseason favorite to win it all. So, considering Auburn's A-Day game today has received scant notice -- in light of the second round of the NCAA tournament being staged across America -- this could be a harbinger of good things to come for the Tigers.

In keeping with the tradition of picking Auburn's upcoming season on A-Day (Alabama's picks will come in two weeks), the following is a snapshot of how I believe the 2006 season will go.

-- Sept. 2: Washington State -- On paper, this sounds like a good game. In reality, Auburn rolls over the hapless Cougars ... Auburn 27-10.

-- Sept. 9: at Mississippi State -- Will this be the year Sly Croom finally turns the corner in Starkville? Things should be better, but the Bulldogs are no match for the Tigers ... Auburn 31-13.

-- Sept. 16: LSU -- Once again, the West will likely be decided between these two giants. The home team has prevailed in recent years and it will again this year, barely ... Auburn 19-17.

-- Sept. 23: Buffalo -- Need any tickets to this game? Would you like the entire upper deck at Jordan-Hare? Just thought I'd ask ... Auburn 51-7.

-- Sept. 28: at South Carolina -- Could this be a trap game for the Tigers, playing on a Thursday night? Steve Spurrier had South Carolina playing well last year although Auburn did tag the Gamecocks for a 41-point beating. This one might go down to the wire ... Auburn 21-17.

-- Oct. 7: Arkansas -- Houston Nutt is under enormous heat this year to win or be gone. Auburn used to be one of Nutt's favorite whipping boys, but that worm has finally turned ... Auburn 24-10.

-- Oct. 14: Florida -- Could this be a preview of the SEC Championship Game? The Gators often sputtered out of control last year under Urban Meyer. However, the second year will be a different story. In what should be a classic, the edge goes to ... Florida 24-23.

-- Oct. 21: Tulane -- This program is going through hard times and only mercy from Tuberville will keep this one from being too ghoulish ... Auburn 47-12.

-- Oct. 28: at Ole Miss -- The Rebels are a team on the rise under Ed Orgeron and Auburn better be careful here ... Auburn 23-19.

-- Nov. 4: Arkansas State -- It was at Arkansas State where Tuberville got his first coaching job. So perhaps he'll call off the dogs late against the Indians ... Auburn 49-7.

-- Nov. 11: Georgia -- Tubby will be trying to make it three in a row against Mark Richt. After last year's shootout, this one could be equally entertaining ... Auburn 26-21.

-- Nov. 18: at Alabama -- Can Tubby make it five in a row against Alabama? Fear the thumb and all that jazz. The Auburn coach has never lost in Bryant-Denny Stadium. After this game, his record will remain unblemished and so will the misery for Alabama fans ... Auburn 24-16.

In the end, the weakness of Auburn's non-conference schedule and the fact that almost all of the big games -- sans Alabama -- are at home should bode very well for the Tigers. The 2006 regular-season record stands at 11-1, which would likely put the Tigers in the SEC Championship Game. Auburn could easily slip up and lose a game or two more, but Tuberville's team could also run the table and be undefeated, just like 2004.

Contact Paul Finebaum at:

finebaumnet@yahoo.com

His column appears Tuesdays and Saturdays in the Register.

Mobile Press Register

how does Mr. Finebaum get his lovely predictions??? Does get Neal to rub his lovely bald held to see what appears?

Wow, to see something like that from Finebaum suprises me...

He must be trying to stir the pot with the Bama fans.

226137[/snapback]

how come everytime he says something good about our team, someone has to turn it around. He was very high on us towards the end of last season and especially after the iron bowl.

226137[/snapback]

how come everytime he says something good about our team, someone has to turn it around. He was very high on us towards the end of last season and especially after the iron bowl.

226150[/snapback]

Maybe its because he is not loyal to anyone, and he will do/say anything to get higher ratings.............I mean if thats who you want cheering for your team.........

Ignore pondscum. He is never consistant and never "right".

226137[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading this.

I am also leery of this kind of press this early. Don't get me wrong, I am a lifelong AU fan and will NEVER be anything else, but it is very hard to predict a record like this. Even a ten win season sometimes requires a certain amount of luck (just ask uat last year).

My take is that this team has a CHANCE, if they work hard and have some of the questions (the O tackle position for instance) answered, to become a VERY special team. I would hate to kick off today however, and I certainly wouldn't PREDICT an 11 win season (unless it was to piss off the uaters).

Now, its up to the guys to pay the price for success over the summer and be ready. GO GET 'EM BOYS!!!

What I find funny about Paul is how he writes that article

So say Auburn doesn't win 11 games, he will talk about how over-rated AU was and blah blah blah from his own articles

Timmy, one thing was missing from your posts last year. During our undefeated season, you kept saying, every week, without fail...

ONE GAME AT A TIME.

That needs to be our mantra again this year. Like the serenity prayer at AA meetings, we AU people need to take that phrase, repeat it to ourselves when the urge to predict past the week's challenge comes upon us, and just ride the wave...

I hereby declare Timmy the Official AU Nation Guru and his ohm will be:

ONE GAME AT A TIME...

He shall call the ohm whenever he feels someone is getting ahead of themselves, however, he shall not be overly fast on the trigger to rein in genuine and warranted celebration. His goal is to help the psyche of the AUNation faithful to remain a strong, united force sending forth a positive mental juju to the team.

Timmy, can you accept this responsibility you have been given? :yes:

Can you tell I have taken a mood altering substance tonight in an effort to get some much needed sleep, a substance that is providing great hallucinations like a chorus line of dancing :nanner: but no shut eye? :yes:

Do you believe that great ideas of the past have indeed sprung forth from the depths of drug enduced hallucinations ("Revolution" by the Beetles being one...)

Then let's hear it for the OHM and Our Newly Appointed Guru, Timmy!!! :hail:

Timmy, one thing was missing from your posts last year.  During our undefeated season, you kept saying, every week, without fail...

ONE GAME AT A TIME.

That needs to be our mantra again this year.  Like the serenity prayer at AA meetings, we AU people need to take that phrase, repeat it to ourselves when the urge to predict past the week's challenge comes upon us, and just ride the wave...

I hereby declare Timmy the Official AU Nation Guru and his ohm will be:

ONE GAME AT A TIME...

He shall call the ohm whenever he feels someone is getting ahead of themselves, however, he shall not be overly fast on the trigger to rein in genuine and warranted celebration.  His goal is to help the psyche of the AUNation faithful to remain a strong, united force sending forth a positive mental juju to the team.

Timmy, can you accept this responsibility you have been given? :yes:

Can you tell I have taken a mood altering substance tonight in an effort to get some much needed sleep, a substance that is providing great hallucinations like a chorus line of dancing :nanner: but no shut eye? :yes:

Do you believe that great ideas of the past have indeed sprung forth from the depths of drug enduced hallucinations ("Revolution" by the Beetles being one...)

Then let's hear it for the OHM and Our Newly Appointed Guru, Timmy!!! :hail:

226208[/snapback]

G'night Jenny. You need some sleep. :sleeping:

I was going to post this but I know how the WEN resonds to Finebaum.......but He is telling the truth about Auburn they will win at least 11 and maybe 14 next year one big reason is Au doesn't play Georgia Tech! The Qb and recievers and the great defense will prove to be great :big:

Oh Ye Goddess of Football. How can I, a simple mortal male, refuse a task put forth by your Royal Self? :)

Consider it done. IF I should fall asleep at the switch, feel free to strike me upon the head with your Staff. :o

:au: '06.....O N E at a time. :cheer:

p.s. Could I share in those mood altering substances? :big:

Dear Finescum,

If you go 11-1 with your only loss being to an Eastern Division team, how do you not make the championship game?

Then let's hear it for the OHM

226208[/snapback]

Be careful when you talk about Ohms, you may get some resistance from the electrical engineers on this board (which I am not)........ :big:

Be careful when you talk about Ohms, you may get some resistance from the electrical engineers on this board (which I am not)........ :big:

226377[/snapback]

Hardee har har...

Archived