Could you get anymore clueless?

DKW 86

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/20/0...0.67btl3jy.html

SGE.BCP39.200306160936.photo00.quicklook.default-200x245.jpg

Peace just a breath away, says Sharon Stone

Mar 20 11:12 AM US/Eastern

Email this story   

A peaceful co-existence between the peoples of the Middle East is but a breath away, Hollywood star Sharon Stone said after a highly publicized visit to Israel.

"It feels to me that we have an opportunity ... to choose understanding in a new way," she told a press conference in Paris when asked about her trip.

"And it really is just a breath. It's just an agreement that's just a breath. We are not far apart. We can choose to have this alternative kind of growth that is a collective nuance of understanding.

"We are just that breath away from a peaceful co-existence," she added after her visit to Israel as a guest of the Peres Center for Peace, a foundation run by Nobel laureate and former Israeli prime minister Shimon Peres.

Stone, 48, who visited several projects aimed at promoting peace, including a kindergarten for Israeli and Palestinian children in Jaffa, was also photographed praying at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem, the holiest Jewish shrine.

Stone, who is also an ardent champion of women's rights, was in Paris ahead of the release of her latest film "Basic Instinct II".

She told journalists that she was delighted that women were stepping up to take their place in the world, taking on new jobs to which they brought something unique, "their feminine instinct."

"This is a new and very exciting time for women, because women by their very nature are creative and not destructive. And this is an extraordinary and important thing that we can bring into a world that awaits the opportunity for peace."  I wonder if she has taken a look under a berka to see what women's rights are like in an Islamic Country?

Stone, who is also an ardent champion of women's rights, was in Paris ahead of the release of her latest film "Basic Instinct II"

Tells you all you really need to know about any of her comments. By saying something so ridiculous, she gets more attention for her latest movie. Nobody has been listening to her cries that she still looks good at 40, so she will create a little stir to get some attention thrown her way.

Love me, adore me, I am Sharon Stone...

Don't forget... this is the same woman that blamed Bush for her not getting to kiss Halle Berry in a movie. :rolleyes:

But, hey...we are talking about her. :lol:

Okay. Who gives a rip what a celebrity, ANY celebrity, thinks about current affairs?

Seriously. We're dealing with a bunch of self-absorbed grassf*ckers whose knowledge of the world is based on whatever they can regurgitate from back issues of the Atlantic Magazine. In other words, they are about as knowledgeable as the guy who cuts my grass or the girl who sacks my groceries at the Piggly Wiggly.

Mind you, I don't care that celebs have a political opinion. Heck, everybody should. But why they have a duty to mouth off their self-important views every time some fawning entertainment reporter shoves a microphone into their mouths is beyond me.

Let me put it this way. If Colin Powell or Madeline Albright wanted to discuss Middle East affairs, I would be willing to listen to either one. After all, they both have been there. They have knowledge and experience. Even if I don't agree with either one, I will politely listen because they have something valuable to add to the debate.

However, I'm not really interested in Colin Powell's opinion on acting or filmmaking. So why should I worry about Sharon Stone's opinion on diplomacy?

Okay. Who gives a rip what a celebrity, ANY celebrity, thinks about current affairs?

Seriously. We're dealing with a bunch of self-absorbed grassf*ckers whose knowledge of the world is based on whatever they can regurgitate from back issues of the Atlantic Magazine. In other words, they are about as knowledgeable as the guy who cuts my grass or the girl who sacks my groceries at the Piggly Wiggly.

Mind you, I don't care that celebs have a political opinion. Heck, everybody should. But why they have a duty to mouth off their self-important views every time some fawning entertainment reporter shoves a microphone into their mouths is beyond me.

Let me put it this way. If Colin Powell or Madeline Albright wanted to discuss Middle East affairs, I would be willing to listen to either one. After all, they both have been there. They have knowledge and experience. Even if I don't agree with either one, I will politely listen because they have something valuable to add to the debate.

However, I'm not really interested in Colin Powell's opinion on acting or filmmaking. So why should I worry about Sharon Stone's opinion on diplomacy?

226188[/snapback]

:thumbsup: I agree 100%! I could care less what a bunch of self-glorifying high school drop outs have to say about world affairs. Entertain me and leave politics to the politicians.

Preach on, brother!!

If her idea of being a champion for women's rights is giving us all the chance to show our hoo-ha on the big screen, then call me cheerfully oppressed.

If her idea of being a champion for women's rights is giving us all the chance to show our hoo-ha on the big screen.

226243[/snapback]

On second thought, let's not be too quick to judge! :big:

Otter is my new favorite poster.

That whole speech just reminds me of Team America.

"Hey, I have a political opinion. I read newspapers, and pass it off as my own."

If her idea of being a champion for women's rights is giving us all the chance to show our hoo-ha on the big screen, then call me cheerfully oppressed.

226243[/snapback]

But hey, she sure is HOT for her age!!!! Is there an emoticon on here that drools? :big:

Archived