SEC Domination...

lsuj2006

I haven't posted in a long time, so here goes:

If we were to make a case for the SEC being the superior athletic conference, it seems this would be the year to do it.

Looks like USC is about to become the NIT (Nobody's Interested Tournament) champion, and obviously should have been in the dance. They definitely could have done better than UT. There's a possible all-SEC national championship game, but if not, at least half of the Final 4. LSU, UGA, and UT all had/have impressive runs in the women's NCAA tourney. If I'm not mistaken, 8-9 teams from the SEC are consistently in or around the top 25 in baseball right now. And with the recent success in football (LSU, AU, UGA, etc..), there seems to be no doubt that the SEC is the dominant conference as far as athletics go.

Thoughts?

Arkansas just won another track NC as well, I believe.

If there is an NC trophy for it, somebody in the SEC might as well win it. We may not all be interested in the lesser sports like swimming, track, softball, soccer, etc. But if the SEC is competing lets just go take the title. Its what we do.. :)

If there is an NC trophy for it, somebody in the SEC might as well win it.  We may not all be interested in the lesser sports like swimming, track, softball, soccer, etc.  But if the SEC is competing lets just go take the title.  Its what we do.. :)

228155[/snapback]

'Cept wrestling....the SEC doesn't wrestle

If there is an NC trophy for it, somebody in the SEC might as well win it.  We may not all be interested in the lesser sports like swimming, track, softball, soccer, etc.  But if the SEC is competing lets just go take the title.  Its what we do.. :)

228155[/snapback]

228192[/snapback]

There is something about two sweaty men grabbing each other while they parade around in their leotards that just screams Yankee. We don't do Yankee.

228155[/snapback]

228192[/snapback]

There is something about two sweaty men grabbing each other while they parade around in their leotards that just screams Yankee. We don't do Yankee.

228196[/snapback]

Amen. Can I get a witness?

228155[/snapback]

228192[/snapback]

228196[/snapback]

haha, damn yankees.

228155[/snapback]

You are correct, Arkansas did win the NC in track. I think the coach at Hogs U is one of the best coaches ever in track. I cant totally remember, but I saw something on ESPN about him.

If there is an NC trophy for it, somebody in the SEC might as well win it.   We may not all be interested in the lesser sports like swimming, track, softball, soccer, etc.  But if the SEC is competing lets just go take the title.  Its what we do.. :)

228155[/snapback]

228192[/snapback]

228196[/snapback]

Wrestling, especially Amateur, Is a very complex sport that requires athleticism, skill, and practice. To reduce it to just two men grabbing each other etc etc etc isnt accurate. Get up and run as fast as you possibly can for 6 minutes and that is how tiring a match is on your body. The fact that you have to counter moves and be constantly thinking, it is probably one of the most difficult sports. FYI AUburn had an outstanding wrestling team during the 60's and 70's, Swede Umbach, we were dominating. My old High School coach won the SEC Championship in his weight class twice.

Sounds like someone struck a nerve. So, what was your style, AWK? Greco-Roman or Sombo? :D

...and so this isn't a complete thread hijack, if you talk to anyone in Arkansas about college atheletics, be prepared to hear about their storied Track & Field team for hours on end. I know from experience.

Freestyle mostly, Amateur. Didnt really participate in the Greco Roman

We only support "RASSLIN" down here....

228272[/snapback]

You should know what I'm talking about, considering we both represent the Pratt-vegas wrestling dynasty :cheer:

Chalk up another NC for LSU and the SEC. I would have to agree that the SEC is hands down the most dominating and respected Athletic conference in the country!

been reading this thread and agreeing with it, then i saw this story on LSUsports.net.

GEAUX :lsu: GEAUX :sec:

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?...0&ATCLID=252244

This is going to sound sexist but you can chalk up he end of wrestling in the SEC to Title IX.

228283[/snapback]

That is not sexist, it is the truth.

I knew the leotard comment would get someone bent....Just wasn't sure who it would be.

This is going to sound sexist but you can chalk up he end of wrestling in the SEC to Title IX.

228283[/snapback]

That is not sexist, it is the truth.

I knew the leotard comment would get someone bent....Just wasn't sure who it would be.

228288[/snapback]

<_< Cmon Sani, You know us Wrestlers have to maintain our Style :P

I wish the SEC is more into Men's Soccer.

And Maybe...just maybe, Hockey....someone? Anyone? Lacrosse? What? No! OK....well, Duke can keep that one...oh wait, no they can't.

And Maybe...just maybe, Hockey....someone?  Anyone?  Lacrosse?  What? No!  OK....well, Duke can keep that one...oh wait, no they can't.

228318[/snapback]

I'm in love with a stripper!!!!!

And Maybe...just maybe, Hockey....someone?  Anyone?  Lacrosse?  What? No!  OK....well, Duke can keep that one...oh wait, no they can't.

228318[/snapback]

I want Ice Hockey in the SEC.. I've been saying this to friends here for years. It would only be a matter of time before we took that over too. Besides, there are a lot of ice hockey rinks in the south now, so it wouldn't be an issue with a place to play. Each school wouldn't need a rink right off the bat.

228318[/snapback]

I'm in love with a stripper!!!!!

228320[/snapback]

haha, i heard that song the other day.....but they cut out stripper and put dancer....how stupid is that.......

Archived