SEC Domination...

lsuj2006

I haven't posted in a long time, so here goes:

If we were to make a case for the SEC being the superior athletic conference, it seems this would be the year to do it.

Looks like USC is about to become the NIT (Nobody's Interested Tournament) champion, and obviously should have been in the dance. They definitely could have done better than UT. There's a possible all-SEC national championship game, but if not, at least half of the Final 4. LSU, UGA, and UT all had/have impressive runs in the women's NCAA tourney. If I'm not mistaken, 8-9 teams from the SEC are consistently in or around the top 25 in baseball right now. And with the recent success in football (LSU, AU, UGA, etc..), there seems to be no doubt that the SEC is the dominant conference as far as athletics go.

Thoughts?

228151[/snapback]

Yup...here's my thought. ANY YEAR, is the year to do it.

:au::homer:

Arkansas just won another track NC as well, I believe.

If there is an NC trophy for it, somebody in the SEC might as well win it.   We may not all be interested in the lesser sports like swimming, track, softball, soccer, etc.  But if the SEC is competing lets just go take the title.  Its what we do.. :)

228155[/snapback]

'Cept wrestling....the SEC doesn't wrestle

228192[/snapback]

There is something about two sweaty men grabbing each other while they parade around in their leotards that just screams Yankee. We don't do Yankee.

228196[/snapback]

Haha, ignorance

Even if the SEC had soccer, I think the Northern Yankees would beat our butts. They are pretty good at that sport

228409[/snapback]

Auburn does have womens soccer, not sure about mens...but compete in womens soccer.

up at UK, they have a Varsity Men's Soccer team, but they play in the MAC. they're pretty good too.

they also have hockey, but it's a Club team. never made it to a game up there, but the Ashley Judd poster wearing nothing but a hockey jersey is famous! absolutely beAUtiful.

Arkansas just won another track NC as well, I believe.

If there is an NC trophy for it, somebody in the SEC might as well win it.  We may not all be interested in the lesser sports like swimming, track, softball, soccer, etc.  But if the SEC is competing lets just go take the title.  Its what we do.. :)

228155[/snapback]

'Cept wrestling....the SEC doesn't wrestle

228192[/snapback]

There is something about two sweaty men grabbing each other while they parade around in their leotards that just screams Yankee. We don't do Yankee.

228196[/snapback]

haha, damn yankees.

228246[/snapback]

Wrestlers are always easy to make fun of from a distance, it gets a little tougher when you're in arms reach, though! ;)

You are correct, Arkansas did win the NC in track. I think the coach at Hogs U is one of the best coaches ever in track. I cant totally remember, but I saw something on ESPN about him.

228247[/snapback]

Yeah - he trains the cross country team by dropping them off in the Ozarks with their girly short-short running outfits and yells "Fresh Meat" - that's why they run so fast!

You are correct, Arkansas did win the NC in track. I think the coach at Hogs U is one of the best coaches ever in track. I cant totally remember, but I saw something on ESPN about him.

228247[/snapback]

Yeah - he trains the cross country team by dropping them off in the Ozarks with their girly short-short running outfits and yells "Fresh Meat" - that's why they run so fast!

228491[/snapback]

I think I hear banjo's.

228247[/snapback]

228491[/snapback]

Oh wow, that was cold. I like it!

Archived