idiot opposing fans...

iam4LSU08

Guys I am just wondering if you have any jealous fans of schools that suck in almost every sport and cheer against you more than they cheer for their own team. I just bring this up because Tulane, who completely sucks, pretends like they have won the national championship whenever LSU loses and it is very irritating because they have no room to talk. Are any schools and their fans act like that to Auburn like UAB? or anyone that is very anti-auburn?

Tulane fans root for LSU to lose as LSU roots for Ole Miss, Auburn, ext...to lose

I don't see a real problem with it

23 years down here and not sure I have ever heard a Tulane fan try to argue that they were a better program except for 1998

Tulane fans root for LSU to lose as LSU roots for Ole Miss, Auburn, ext...to lose

23 years down here and not sure I have ever heard a Tulane fan try to argue that they were a better program except for 1998

228495[/snapback]

No, it's that Tulane fans not only cheer against LSU, but they act like they own LSU fans whenever LSU does have a rare loss. Yet, Tulane will be having a typical terrible year and still pretend like they own LSU if they lose.

No, it's that Tulane fans not only cheer against LSU, but they act like they own LSU fans whenever LSU does have a rare loss. Yet, Tulane will be having a typical terrible year and still pretend like they own LSU if they lose.

228498[/snapback]

It's Tulane

Why do you care?

LSU gets 10x the coverage Tulane does in football, baseball, and basketball in the Times-Picyune and every other Louisiana athlete.

You caring about Tulane is like me caring about Georgia Southern

Guys I am just wondering if you have any jealous fans of schools that suck in almost every sport and cheer against you more than they cheer for their own team. 

228494[/snapback]

Bammer? :big:

We do enjoy watching Bamar lose (most of the time)...but only because we hate them. Hope that adds some perspective. :lol:

:au::homer:

I know through personal experience that UAH absolutely hates everything Auburn :rolleyes:

228495[/snapback]

You're missing his point. What he's talking about is your basic little brother, one-sided rivalry situation. Tulane fans rooting against LSU is not the same as LSU fans rooting against Ole Miss or Auburn.

Ole Miss and Auburn are LSU's SEC "peers." Its natural for LSU fans to root against them b/c it usually benefits LSU when they lose.

Tulane, on the other hand, while a fine institution generally, doesn't even approach LSU from an athletic standpoint (as you admitted in your post). Baseball of course being a recent exception.

So, I think the point of his post was that LSU fans find it annoying when Tulane fans, who aren't realistically in the same league, pull against LSU's atheltic teams, as if they (Tulane) have anything to gain by LSU losing. It'd be like LSU fans cheering against the Saints. What's the point? Sure, 50 years ago there was a rivalry there, but now its not remotely competitive.

So most LSU fans wish Tulane fans would just get on board and enjoy it when a Lousiana school makes it to the Final Four or a BCS bowl, especially since LSU is the only Louisiana school that realisitcally has a shot. I realize that sounds arrogant, but it's not arrogance, it's the truth.

It'd be like LSU fans cheering against the Saints. What's the point?

I understand your arguement, but c'mon...use a better example than the Aints.

I find this thread funny. You LSU fans are so bothered by what Tulane says about you. I am from New Orleans so I know both schools very well. Come on guys, LSU-Tulane is not a rivalry. Maybe it could be if Tulane would join the SEC, but that will probably nevewr happen. Why did they leave the SEC to begin with? That had to be the dumbest decision ever made. Anyway, LSU fans need to not let what the few Tualne fans say get your panties all in a wad. You guys out number Tulane fans like 100-1. Who cares what they say. Get a real rival. :au:

I find this thread funny.  You LSU fans are so bothered by what Tulane says about you.  I am from New Orleans so I know both schools very well.  Come on guys, LSU-Tulane is not a rivalry.  Maybe it could be if Tulane would join the SEC, but that will probably nevewr happen.  Why did they leave the SEC to begin with?  That had to be the dumbest decision ever made.  Anyway, LSU fans need to not let what the few Tualne fans say get your panties all in a wad.  You guys out number Tulane fans like 100-1.  Who cares what they say.  Get a real rival. :au:

228546[/snapback]

Come on man, did you even read the posts? That was the point - most LSU fans DON'T view LSU-Tulane as a rivalry. That's why LSU fans find it ridiculous for Tulane fans to pull against LSU - b/c there's no real athletic competition between them. But just because something bothers you doesn't mean you're trying to manufacture a rivalry.

I'm sure nobody on this board really cares much about the dynamics of various Louisiana universities, but for what it's worth, this same little brother phenomenon is a whole lot worse when it comes to UL-Lafayette. Ragin' Cajun fans just loathe LSU and think overfunding of LSU is the only thing holding them back from greatness.

I'm sure nobody on this board really cares much about the dynamics of various Louisiana universities, but for what it's worth, this same little brother phenomenon is a whole lot worse when it comes to UL-Lafayette. Ragin' Cajun fans just loathe LSU and think overfunding of LSU is the only thing holding them back from greatness.

228609[/snapback]

Did the thought ever occur to them that the only thing holding them back from greatness could be that they are located in Lafayette, LA?

So most LSU fans wish Tulane fans would just get on board and enjoy it when a Lousiana school makes it to the Final Four or a BCS bowl, especially since LSU is the only Louisiana school that realisitcally has a shot. I realize that sounds arrogant, but it's not arrogance, it's the truth.

Texas A&M fans don't root for Texas when they reach the finals of whatever

Auburn fans don't root for Bama when they reach the finals of whatever

To expect Tulane fans to root for LSU when LSU fans look down upon them and are as arrogant as they are...is laughable and downright idiotic.

You think I root for Tech?

Texas A&M fans don't root for Texas when they reach the finals of whatever

Auburn fans don't root for Bama when they reach the finals of whatever

To expect Tulane fans to root for LSU when LSU fans look down upon them and are as arrogant as they are...is laughable and downright idiotic.

You think I root for Tech?

228612[/snapback]

Not to be rude, but you're really just not getting it man. That's the second time you've made the same, inapposite analogy. Auburn/Bama, Texas/Texas A&M, and UGA/Georgia Tech, are NOT THE SAME as LSU/Tulane. All those rivalries you mentioned are legitimately competitive. LSU/Tulane is not. Think of it like an SAT question: LSU is to Tulane as Angelina Jolie is to Janet Reno. It's just no contest, athletically anyway. That's why it's just lame when Tulane fans hate on LSU.

Not to be rude, but you're really just not getting it man.

I get it exactly. You think so lowly of Tulane that you don't understand why they wouldn't root for LSU since LSU is bar none a better school.

I go to school with numerous Tulane students and go to school right next to Tulane and Loyola. I think I have a semi-decent grasp on their fan base.

They hate LSU because you all mock them daily for being...Tulane. Yet you don't understand why they don't root for you?

Tulane's baseball program is quite even with LSU's right now.

Under 6 years ago when Perry Clark was at Tulane, they were quite comparable to LSU in most years.

Football wise it hasnt been close for years nor ever will be probably.

It is like Georgia Southern fans to UGA.

No matter how much LSU fans want to bitch about Tulane, their games with them in baseball and football are considered rivalry games and almost any Alumni who is 30+ will tell you the same thing

I am curious why you brought this subject up on an Auburn football forum? Nothing against Tualne, they are a top-notch university academically and have a really pretty campus. Personally, I wish Tualne was more competitive in football and I wish they would be asked to join the SEC. I believe that would not only enhance their sports programs in time, but adding them and maybe Georgia Tech would go a long way in enhancing the SEC's reputation as an academic conference also. Back to the topic though, Auburn fans don't care about LSU-Tulane. We have a gorilla of a rivalry and I think LSU desperately is searching for one.

I get it exactly. You think so lowly of Tulane that you don't understand why they wouldn't root for LSU since LSU is bar none a better school.

I go to school with numerous Tulane students and go to school right next to Tulane and Loyola. I think I have a semi-decent grasp on their fan base.

They hate LSU because you all mock them daily for being...Tulane. Yet you don't understand why they don't root for you?

Tulane's baseball program is quite even with LSU's right now.

Under 6 years ago when Perry Clark was at Tulane, they were quite comparable to LSU in most years.

Football wise it hasnt been close for years nor ever will be probably.

It is like Georgia Southern fans to UGA.

No matter how much LSU fans want to bitch about Tulane, their games with them in baseball and football are considered rivalry games and almost any Alumni who is 30+ will tell you the same thing

228651[/snapback]

Let me try to clarify. There's nothing I "don't understand" about Tulane fans rooting against LSU. Tulane's athletic inferiority complex is not at all mysterious. So, trust me, I get it - I just think it's weak.

And by the way, I have plenty of respect for Tulane. Granted, I don't think they compare very well with LSU athletically, but that's been a conceded point from the beginning. Generally speaking, I think very highly of the institution and feel that it's a credit to the State. Don't forget, the topic that was being discussed here (by whoever started this) was not "what do you think of Tulane." Rather, it was about Tulane fans pulling against LSU's athletic teams. I think that's lame, for the reasons stated. But I'm not bashing Tulane across the board. Hell, I'm not bashing Tulane at all - I'm just bashing certain fans of the school who exhibit a raging case of Little Brother Syndrome. Like, for example, when they cheer for UCLA against LSU (which, no doubt, is what got this started to begin with).

Archived