Logan Young Found Dead

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Alabama Booster Found Dead

Alabama booster Young found dead

By Chris Conley

Contact

April 11, 2006

Memphis police were at a Chickasaw Gardens home Tuesday morning where Alabama booster Logan Young was found dead.

Homicide detectives were at the scene at 226 Goodwyn, but there were no details about Young’s death.

Young, an avid Alabama fan, was convicted of racketeering, bribery and structuring a financial transaction to evade reporting requirements.

At the trial, Trezevant High coach Lynn Lang testified that he had indeed, given substantial amounts of laundered money to Alabama football recruit Albert Means, who it was revealed never took the college-entrance test. Lang also implicated other schools in the "bidding war" for Means.

The story began when Trezevant assistant coach Milton Kirk went to The Commercial Appeal with his story that Young funneled the money to Lang to get Means to play football for Alabama.

Prayers sent to the Young family.

I'm sure the facts will be forthcoming, but knowing that homicide detectives are on the scene makes you wonder.

Saw that...and all I can say is "WOW"...and prayers for the family.

:au::homer:

Prayers sent to the Young family. 

I'm sure the facts will be forthcoming, but knowing that homicide detectives are on the scene makes you wonder.

230139[/snapback]

My prayers with them also.

LY had been in bad health...his lawyers argued that in respect to his sentencing. But Homicide detectives on the scene do raise ????'s [suicide is always a question when anyone is facing jail time, but I don't want to encourage any unfounded speculation.]

From the ttown news (www.tidesports.com)

It appears there was a homicide at that location, and a male was found dead of an apparent attack,” Sgt. Vince Higgins said. “The cause of death has not been determined. We have not removed the body yet, and the corpus witness has not been

done.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Just reported on Birmingham sports radio that the police are attempting to find his son for questioning.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/local/...4612827,00.html

Memphis police say Alabama booster Logan Young was attacked and killed in his Chickasaw Gardens home.

Homicide detectives released few details, but said there was a struggle inside the home at 226 Goodwyn before Young died.

The entire home was being considered a crime scene.

They were talking to relatives to try and learn when Young was last seen alive.

..perhaps just a random burglary gone bad?

Link

There's a pretty detailed story up on al.com right now. Some of the highlights:

Logan Young, the booster convicted of bribing a high school coach to get a top recruit for Alabama, was found dead Tuesday in his Memphis home, and police said they are investigating it as a homicide.

Memphis Police Sgt. Vince Higgins said in a telephone interview that the medical examiner was at Young's upscale home near a Memphis country club trying to determine the cause of death.

"We're treating it as a mystery homicide," Higgins said.

He said officials assume the victim was Young but needed to use fingerprints and dental records to confirm the identity.

"Suffice it to say, there was quite a physical struggle in this and this individual was injured severely," the police spokesman said.

Defense attorney Jim Neal of Nashville said the victim was Young.

"I've had two or three calls about it, all to the same end, found killed in his home. ... I heard that there was blood everywhere. That is all I know," Neal said.

Higgins said Young's housekeeper found a man dead in the home after she arrived for work shortly before 9 a.m. CDT.

Regardless of your feelings toward Logan Young, this is a horrible way to go. I hope they find whoever did this and let them fry.

No link, but I am hearing rumors that they have his son in custody. If that is true, the story has gone from sad to absolutely horrible.

Prayers for the family.

I wondered this too but it seems like everyone is focusing on his son or something. My first thought was suicide cause he was facing jail time but who knows what happened. Prayers for his family.

such a terrible crime....Iam sure that this story will change a lot in the next few days........prayers for the family

The buzz around Bham last night was a dispute over the will with his son. He was about to write the son out of his will. The police are talking about how grisly the crime scene was when they got there. Blood everywhere.

They HAD to use dental records and finger prints? Could be that he took a shotgun blast to the face, just a guess from what is being said. Nothing concrete on this but just a guess.

Just found this from Roy Adams... http://mb27.scout.com/fgridscapefrm1.showM...cID=54576.topic

The buzz around Bham last night was a dispute over the will with his son. He was about to write the son out of his will. The police are talking about how grisly the crime scene was when they got there. Blood everywhere.

They HAD to use dental records and finger prints? Could be that he took a shotgun blast to the face, just a guess from what is being said. Nothing concrete on this but just a guess.

Just found this from Roy Adams... http://mb27.scout.com/fgridscapefrm1.showM...cID=54576.topic

230297[/snapback]

I doubt dental records would help much if he took a shot gun to the face.

Archived