Matt Leinart.

tiger88

Was there any doubt he made a mistake by not coming out last year? It was a weak draft and this one isn't and everyone knew that last year.

I hope he enjoyed his ballroom dancing.

Was there any doubt he made a mistake by not coming out last year? It was a weak draft and this one isn't and everyone knew that last year.

I hope he enjoyed his ballroom dancing.

232957[/snapback]

He came within an eyelash of another National Championship. I respect his coming back. I don't respect his reaction after losing the Rose Bowl.

He'll still make a few bucks.

Don't kid yourself. How much did this decision cost him? 20 million? maybe more than that?

Are you gonna try to tell me that if you were him you wouldn't be regretting this ?

Don't kid yourself. How much did this decision cost him? 20 million? maybe more than that?

Are you gonna try to tell me that if you were him you wouldn't be regretting this ?

232960[/snapback]

It's impossible to know. He was projected by many to be the first QB in this draft and he wasn't. All the doubts people started to have in the last month could have happened last year, too.

feel bad for him now, but you won't feel so bad, and he won't regret staying, after he beats out that weak sister starter (kurt warner) in arizona and spends the next few years lighting up the league with edge james, larry fitzgerald, and anquan bolden. mark it down: that offense will be top 5 in the league for at least the next three years (when those guys start renegotiating contracts). at least.

leinart just walked into a potential pro bowl situation. he doesn't have a defense, but man that offense is gonna be unreal. he had so much to work with at usc. now? he's going to get to find out what having a consistent hard nose tailback is like (unlike playing with reggie bust), and he gets to throw to 2 of the top 10 receivers in the league? he's a winner in the game of life.

Paint it up any way you like. He lost out on at least 15 million. We'll see what he may or may not do in the pro's.

For all I know he may be okay with it and I don't really care if he's glad he stayed or not.

Facts are facts and ALEX SMITH was the #1 player taken. Leinart woulda been #1 almost definitely.

We'll see just how big a winner he is in Arizona that's for sure. Lots of question marks and that's why he dropped. If you don't have a strong arm in the pro's it's gonna be tough. It's definitely not gonna be like usc with 4 future pro wideouts going against a bunch of lower class athletes and reggie bush coming out of the backfield.

Tenn wised up and took young first.

And to think, his first pass in college football was a touchdown against Auburn. :puke:

and he got another new toy in leonard pope... if it's about football, he won. if it's all about money, i guess he lost

Leinart would never have been the #1 pick last year

He was pegged as a possible #1 but what happened after he decided to stay?

He had arm problems and had surgury, had some knee problems that he dealt with, and his arm strength, ext...would have been scrutinized like it has as of late

Smith would still have gone #1, imo

It wasn't a lock, but he woulda went alot higher. It was a much weaker draft.

I think kids should just about always stay, but imo if you're a top two or three lock then GO. Caddy woulda and ronnie woulda if they had been locks after their junior years.

Hey more power to him if he doesn't regret it. I find it hard to believe he doesn't at least a little. I'm just saying when the top money is there you had better take it. Anything could happen from year to year and he's lucky he didn't slide farther. You can always go back for that ballroom dancing credit to cap off your degree.

A year of college before getting out into the real world where you are paid to play is priceless. So what if he lost $20 million (which I doubt)... he'll have enough money during his lifetime.

It was a much weaker draft.

233113[/snapback]

In case you've forgotten, we had 4 guys go in the first round last year. Weaker draft my ass.

It was a much weaker draft.

233113[/snapback]

In case you've forgotten, we had 4 guys go in the first round last year. Weaker draft my ass.

233204[/snapback]

Having trouble following your logic here. How exactly does Auburn having four players go in the first round make last year a stronger overall draft? :huh:

Take the first three picks from last year and this year and add up their contracts and see what you get after considering inflation in.

I have to agree with Tiger on this one. He would've been the #1 choice last year, hands down. His competition at the QB position was Alex Smith. You honestly think the 49ers wouldn't have taken him? His signing bonus alone would've covered what he'll make this year. What did he accomplish by coming back? He didn't win the Heisman, he didn't win the National Title and he cost himself millions of dollars.

And whomever said that offense would be in the top 5 in the league, passing wise the led the league last year. James is still going to get his yards. I don't think Leinart will have a major impact there. Can't do much better than #1, eh?

Archived