McCain advises Al Qaeda to attack

TexasTiger

"I think that it will remove a very important propaganda tool, a person who has probably served as a real effective recruiter. But, Larry, I want to caution if I were the al Qaeda people right now I would be planning a lot of attacks in the next few days and weeks to show that his removal really didn't affect them but it does affect them. It's very important. And, I think it can give us some hope for progress, which I think we have to make and are making.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/06/09.html#a8653

When did he become a consultant for AQ?

Sorry, Tex, I'm going to have to break ranks with my fellow liberal on this one.

I wouldn't criticize McCain's hypthetical ramblings on Larry King as being advice to al Qaeda and certainly not encouraging them to attack. Plus, evil though they may be, they didn't survive this long by being idiots, and I'm sure they have their own strategists to think things through as clearly as McCain might.

Of course, I also see how, if a Democrat had made the same comments, conservatives would make the same accusations of "helping the enemy".

Hear you liberals go again, taking something way out of context. TT, anybody that reads this article knows that McCain is prediciting what Al-Qaeda will do in response to Zarqawi's death. If any person reads this and thinks he is giving advice to them, then they are a complete idiot! McCain is actually only saying the same thing that alot of dems and republicans have been saying since Zarqawi's death, that the terrorists activity in Iraq will probably pick up in response.

It's called getting into the mind of your enemy to predict what they are going to do! Heck it does not take a politician or military mind to even figure that out. Anybody that reads a newspaper can guess what AQ is going to do next. To make this out like he is giving them advice is absoultely stupid...S-T-U-P-I-D!!! It is also playground bs! Grow up man.

I don't think any US Senator, Democrat or Republican, should be making such public statements as McCain's. And it's another reason why I'd never vote for him for President.

What ever point he's trying to make, going public w/ his evaluation of what al Qaeda should do next is flat out reckless. He does finish up w/ a 'but' monkey there at the end of his comment, saying that the killing of AZ was importand and did in fact affect al Qaeda. I had to read that thing twice before I realized what he was saying. I'd have started w/ that part and just left it at that. Time will tell just what this strike really accomplished, but lost in the flurry of the BIG news was that US/Iraqi forces also raided a bunch ( 17 ? ) of other sites as well. Were those dead ends ? Or did they yield even more goods on the terrorist and we're just not being told about it ?

We shall see.

Sorry, Tex, I'm going to have to break ranks with my fellow liberal on this one.

I wouldn't criticize McCain's hypthetical ramblings on Larry King as being advice to al Qaeda and certainly not encouraging them to attack.  Plus, evil though they may be, they didn't survive this long by being idiots, and I'm sure they have their own strategists to think things through as clearly as McCain might.

Of course, I also see how, if a Democrat had made the same comments, conservatives would make the same accusations of "helping the enemy".

239757[/snapback]

I don't really think he was encouraging them to attack, but it was a stupid way to phrase it.

I don't think any US Senator, Democrat or Republican, should be making such public statements as McCain's. And it's another reason why I'd never vote for him for President.

What ever point he's trying to make, going public w/ his evaluation of what al Qaeda should do next is flat out reckless. He does finish up w/ a 'but' monkey there at the end of his comment, saying that the killing of AZ was importand and did in fact affect al Qaeda. I had to read that thing twice before I realized what he was saying. I'd have started w/ that part and just left it at that. Time will tell just what this strike really accomplished, but lost in the flurry of the  BIG news was that US/Iraqi forces also raided a bunch ( 17 ? ) of other sites as well. Were those dead ends ? Or did they yield even more goods on the terrorist and we're just not being told about it ?

We shall see.

239763[/snapback]

Gingrich May Run in 2008 If No Front-Runner Emerges

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0901444_pf.html

What ever point he's trying to make, going public w/ his evaluation of what al Qaeda should do next is flat out reckless. He does finish up w/ a 'but' monkey there at the end of his comment, saying that the killing of AZ was importand and did in fact affect al Qaeda. I had to read that thing twice before I realized what he was saying. I'd have started w/ that part and just left it at that. Time will tell just what this strike really accomplished, but lost in the flurry of the  BIG news was that US/Iraqi forces also raided a bunch ( 17 ? ) of other sites as well. Were those dead ends ? Or did they yield even more goods on the terrorist and we're just not being told about it ?

We shall see.

239763[/snapback]

Gingrich May Run in 2008 If No Front-Runner Emerges

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0901444_pf.html

239816[/snapback]

Not sure what this has to do w/ McCain telling the terrorist what their next move should be, but to remind us that Newt's out there, wanting a run at the W.H. I don't agree w/ his House-centric view on the matter of William Jefferson though. They out to just keep quiet about that and let it die.

I noticed that Mit Romney wasn't mentioned as a candidate. I wonder why.

Nothing wrong with what mccain said and it seems like it is true. AQ will want to show strength and soon. Why do we need to dress that up in flowers to put it on the news?

I guess libs need a clintonesque type con man to dress everything up real nice and pretty for them so they don't have to have any nasty thoughts.

SSSHHHHHH1 McCain, don't say anything. You might have a correct assessment. Then all of the libruls out there who believe in palm readers will see you as a Psychic with special powers......

Archived