Big News Greg Smith 5 Star DL eligible!

DKW 86

FIVE STAR DL Greg Smith has reported to Rivals today that he has the grades to play this fall.

WOW!!! A true hoss on the DL.......

Our D just suddenly looks a lot tougher to run on. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

I know it's the off season and debating the Jeeewan Simpson hand gun, marijuana, no permit, possession vs. use, possibly stolen, Shula non suspending, good ole' boy network, maybe Logan ain't dead and it's his hand gun topic is fun and all but.....

THIS is HUGE NEWS!!! Welcome to The Plains you big 330 lb. lug you.

WAR EAGLE. :cheer::au::cheer:

We will for sure see him in the DL rotation this fall. Welcome to AUBURN!! WAR EAGLE!!!!

If he is in playing shape, he will be needed and will crack the lineup for significant playing time. GREAT news! :au::cheer:

UPDATE ON GREG SMITH...

He did pass the algebra class but there was a mix-up in his transcripts and it turns out he does not have the required courses to graduate...

(premium content from rivals, so I can't provide a link or go into much more detail...)

Edit: however, this is also being reported on ITAT free board...

It also looks as though he could still be here by August...although that is awful close to the season. It will be interesting to see this one play out.

It does not look like this was Greg's fault, more like he was told the wrong things about what he needed to do to graduate...

UPDATE ON GREG SMITH...

He did pass the algebra class but there was a mix-up in his transcripts and it turns out he does not have the required courses to graduate...

(premium content from rivals, so I can't provide a link or go into much more detail...)

Edit: however, this is also being reported on ITAT free board...

It also looks as though he could still be here by August...although that is awful close to the season. It will be interesting to see this one play out.

It does not look like this was Greg's fault, more like he was told the wrong things about what he needed to do to graduate...

243977[/snapback]

How many times have we heard this happen? You would think that people would get the paper work done correctly but alas apathy is the new way of doing things.

I hope someone gets that cleared up, we need that extra experience and depth on the DL this fall!!! I'll ask CTT about if I see him at church Sunday!!

Updated: He needs seven hours to get on campus. He is enrolled and should make them now. NE MS JUCO evidently mis-informed him and almost blew the deal. It is not CERTAIN, but it is likely that he will play.

I absolutely :banghead: when I hear about screw ups in transcripts, not having the required courses etc.

First off, there should NEVER be a mix up with transcripts. What is there to mix up? Who's responsible for this?

And, not having the required courses????? :blink: WTF?

There's a young man who has been signed to a scholarship to attend school and play football. This scholarship is literally worth what...$50K...$100K..more? In one sense, this young man is a very valuable commodity to Auburn University. (Sorry to put it in those terms, but a scholarship is in a very real sense, a business transaction that holds a lot of expense and risk for one side) And NO ONE has been making sure this guy is doing what he needs to do and that his transcripts are in order?

Greg Smith may get in and I sure hope he's here and ready to play. But, when I hear of crap like this, and you hear it every year, you have to wonder if there's someone actually assigned to make sure these young men are doing what they need to do and their stuff is in order.

I absolutely  :banghead: when I hear about screw ups in transcripts, not having the required courses etc.

First off, there should NEVER be a mix up with transcripts.  What is there to mix up?  Who's responsible for this?

And, not having the required courses????? :blink:   WTF?

There's a young man who has been signed to a scholarship to attend school and play football.  This scholarship is literally worth what...$50K...$100K..more?  In one sense, this young man is a very valuable commodity to Auburn University. (Sorry to put it in those terms, but a scholarship is in a very real sense, a business transaction that holds a lot of expense and risk for one side)  And NO ONE has been making sure this guy is doing what he needs to do and that his transcripts are in order?

Greg Smith may get in and I sure hope he's here and ready to play.  But, when I hear of crap like this, and you hear it every year, you have to wonder if there's someone actually assigned to make sure these young men are doing what they need to do and their stuff is in order.

244002[/snapback]

My understanding of this is that it was the JC that screwed him up, not :au: advisers.

I hope someone gets that cleared up, we need that extra experience and depth on the DL this fall!!!  I'll ask CTT about if I see him at church Sunday!!

243982[/snapback]

Is CTT a member of the Church of Christ? Off-topic... I know.

I hope someone gets that cleared up, we need that extra experience and depth on the DL this fall!!!  I'll ask CTT about if I see him at church Sunday!!

243982[/snapback]

Is CTT a member of the Church of Christ? Off-topic... I know.

244020[/snapback]

From what I understand, yes CTT is a member of the church of Christ.

Archived