Best/Worst Cheers

PChamp119

I was just thinking of some cheers you hear in the football stadiums. I know Auburn doesn't really have the best, but has anyone been to Bryant Denny? Possibily one of the silliest:

(Left Side) : ALA

(Right Side): BAMA

Ala? I would hate to have to cheer that. I would require my season tickets to be on the other side of the stadium for that purpose alone.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one comes from a few years ago...

Part A: We are

Part B: Penn State

Thank you for telling me, I wasn't sure who showed up to play us today.

Alabama across the field is awesome. Every school has a cheer like that.

The worst is MSU's fight song. There are two words: "go" and "state"

244793[/snapback]

BG -

You struggle so much with things, I'm amost looking forward to the day when you'll be right about something. Alas, this isn't it.

You say "Aluh" and Bamuh" is awesome, while disrespecting Go State? Don't be ridiculous.

Call me a blasphemer, but I'm not a big fan of "Bodegetta (sp?)"

And when it comes to cheers, there is none worse or less classy than the whole "jam a rammer, hump a hammer" thing.

This one comes from a few years ago...

Part A: We are

Part B: Penn State

Thank you for telling me, I wasn't sure who showed up to play us today.

244792[/snapback]

This one wouldn't be so bad if it didn't sound like a stadium of John F. Kennedy's doing it. It's not We Are Penn State, it's "We Ahhhh Pehn Steht".

244793[/snapback]

BG -

You struggle so much with things, I'm amost looking forward to the day when you'll be right about something. Alas, this isn't it.

You say "Aluh" and Bamuh" is awesome, while disrespecting Go State? Don't be ridiculous.

And when it comes to cheers, there is none worse or less classy than the whole "jam a rammer, hump a hammer" thing.

244795[/snapback]

I agree Ghost. (Not that that "cheer" would fit their field performances as of late.)

244793[/snapback]

BG -

244795[/snapback]

Your struggles lie in the fact that you cant see anything past your Bama hate.

Of COURSE there is a difference. Alabama across the field is JUST that. No band, no other words...just a cheer to get the crowd involved. MSU's fight song is silly because they have all this music just to sing two words...and they play it 18 times a game.

I dont know...how about when AU does it? (oh thats right...AU can do no wrong in the wonderful world of G2's double standardland)

Our best is bodda getta, our worst by far, is track em.

Worst other than ours, hotty toddy, best other than ours, rammer jammer.

I like rammer jammer. Nothing like rubbing salt into the wounds of your beaten opponents. No other cheer gets my blood boiling faster when they do it, or makes me smile harder than when we get to do it.

"Trackem" should forever be abolished. We are not the "War Damn Eagles"

Rammer Jammer, defines the list of worst.

http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3...r__Hey_Vols.mp3

Hotty Toddy is just cute, it is not like Ole Miss ever beats anyone on a regualr basis.

"Hotty Toddy

Gosh almighty

Who the hell are we?"

"Uhhh, Usually the freakin losers?" Did I win?

Another reason to hate Ole Miss: http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3...xie_Fanfare.mp3

:uf: doing "Two Bits" will wear you out after a while too.

:ut: playing "Rocky Top" every time the possession changes....

I actually like this one from Bama: http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3..._Go_Alabama.mp3

Good Ones For Our guys:

Can you taste a stadium coke while listening to this: http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3...__Go_Tigers.mp3

or

http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3...d_War_Eagle.mp3

I dont know...how about when AU does it? (oh thats right...AU can do no wrong in the wonderful world of G2's double standardland)

244802[/snapback]

You're going to compare getting your own classless cheer thrown back in your smug little faces to initiating it in the first place?

C'mon, BG, even you simply can't be that clueless. When you throw a brick at somebody, they have every right to throw it back. And they also get to enjoy the look on your face when you realize the projectile is in the air.

You're going to compare getting your own classless cheer thrown back in your smug little faces to initiating it in the first place?

C'mon, BG, even you simply can't be that clueless. When you throw a brick at somebody, they have every right to throw it back. And they also get to enjoy the look on your face when you realize the projectile is in the air.

Better analogy:

Somebody throws a brick at your house...and you whine about it for a year saying how clasless it is.

Then a YEAR later, you throw two bricks in their house (telling us to go to hell in the cheer would be the equivalent)...and you say its ok because they threw a brick at you a year ago.

Then again, you are the epitome of the "AU double standard guy"...so i didnt expect for you to see anything wrong with AU doing it.

You are using disjointed situation ethics here...

"its not okay for them to do A...but when I do A in retaliation it is quite alright"

No...its either ALWAYS wrong or its always ok.

If its wrong...the 'stooping to our level' wouldnt be right would it?

Interestingly enough...i dont know of any Bama cheers that tell another school and its respective fan base to 'go to hell'.

244793[/snapback]

BG -

244795[/snapback]

i'm gonna have to agree that bodegetta? is stupid

Better analogy:

Somebody throws a brick at your house...and you whine about it for a year saying how clasless it is.

Then a YEAR later, you throw two bricks in their house (telling us to go to hell in the cheer would be the equivalent)...and you say its ok because they threw a brick at you a year ago.

Then again, you are the epitome of the "AU double standard guy"...so i didnt expect for you to see anything wrong with AU doing it.

You are using disjointed situation ethics here...

"its not okay for them to do A...but when I do A in retaliation it is quite alright"

No...its either ALWAYS wrong or its always ok.

If its wrong...the 'stooping to our level' wouldnt be right would it?

244816[/snapback]

This just isn't your day, is it? Nice try on the spin, but it doesn't work.

Your analogy only works if AU and AL turn around and play a second game right after the first. Otherwise, the retaliation HAS to take a year. And yes, I'm saying that if somebody throws a brick at you, you have the right to throw it back. Absolutely. Nothing disjointed or incongruous about that whatsoever.

Jam a hammer, hump your grammer is BAMA's trashy cheer. It was created by a bunch of suspender and overall-wearing Jim Bobs, the majority of whom never set foot in a class on the campus. It reeks of the "class" for which Bama is widely known, so in truth, it's appropriate.

It's "awesome" when brayed at full drunken volume after a last second field goal against one of the worst Ole Miss teams in history, but "poor sportsmanship" when delivered back at the same drunken oafs by fans from Northern Illinois? Now I understand.

If you don't like it, shut your own fans up first.

"Rammer Jammer", itdelf, is not all that bad a yell.

It's the arrogant, taunting prelim: "Hey, Polecats . . Hey, Polecats--we just beat the Hell outta' you"

If that s**t IS part of Rammer Jammer, then I take the first part of this post back.

Of course, to hate someone you must first fear them. I think of that when I see all the "I hate Auburn" T's.

All this debate about the "rammer jammer" chant doesn't matter, since the school is looking to amend the words a bit. From now on, they will say "we just won the third quarter from you"................

Your analogy only works if AU and AL turn around and play a second game right after the first. Otherwise, the retaliation HAS to take a year. And yes, I'm saying that if somebody throws a brick at you, you have the right to throw it back. Absolutely. Nothing disjointed or incongruous about that whatsoever.

Jam a hammer, hump your grammer is BAMA's trashy cheer. It was created by a bunch of suspender and overall-wearing Jim Bobs, the majority of whom never set foot in a class on the campus. It reeks of the "class" for which Bama is widely known, so in truth, it's appropriate.

It's "awesome" when brayed at full drunken volume after a last second field goal against one of the worst Ole Miss teams in history, but "poor sportsmanship" when delivered back at the same drunken oafs by fans from Northern Illinois? Now I understand.

I dont have a problem with the cheer...and i dont have a problem when AU fans do it back.

I have a problem when AU fans complain about it all year but cant wait until they get the opportunity to say it back to us.

You never addressed the issue of you guys telling us to go to hell....

I dont have a problem with the cheer...and i dont have a problem when AU fans do it back.

I have a problem when AU fans complain about it all year but cant wait until they get the opportunity to say it back to us.

You never addressed the issue of you guys telling us to go to hell....

244833[/snapback]

I think it shows a distinct lack of class.

I do think it's absolutely hilarious to see the look on Tahd fans faces when they're having their own obnoxious cheer thrown back in their face. If that shows a lack of respect on my part, so be it. Maybe your fans shouldn't do the jackass cheer in the first place and then you'd never have to get your feelings hurt because some cheer tells you to go to hell.

This whole issue is going round in circles. Kind of like Batman and Joker. "I made you? No, you made me."

Maybe that doesn't resonate with more of a Superman kind of guy, like you. You prefer the one who has it handed to him and doesn't have to work over the one who works for what he achieves.

All this debate about the "rammer jammer" chant doesn't matter, since the school is looking to amend the words a bit.  From now on, they will say "we just won the third quarter from you"................

244832[/snapback]

That may be the funniest thing I've ever read on here.

I do think it's absolutely hilarious to see the look on Tahd fans faces when they're having their own obnoxious cheer thrown back in their face. If that shows a lack of respect on my part, so be it. Maybe your fans shouldn't do the jackass cheer in the first place and then you'd never have to get your feelings hurt because some cheer tells you to go to hell.

This whole issue is going round in circles. Kind of like Batman and Joker. "I made you? No, you made me."

Maybe that doesn't resonate with more of a Superman kind of guy, like you. You prefer the one who has it handed to him and doesn't have to work over the one who works for what he achieves.

I guess me saying "AU doing the cheer doesnt bother me"...and you not acknowledging it is another one of your "if i ignore it i can act like it never happened" sort of deals.

The only thing that exists here is a perfect example of what ive been saying all along. You, like many other au fans, hold Bama to a double standard. Always have, always will. The fact that you are oblivious to said standard doesnt negate its existence.

I guess me saying "AU doing the cheer doesnt bother me"...and you not acknowledging it is another one of your "if i ignore it i can act like it never happened" sort of deals.

The only thing that exists here is a perfect example of what ive been saying all along. You, like many other au fans, hold Bama to a double standard. Always have, always will. The fact that you are oblivious to said standard doesnt negate its existence.

244849[/snapback]

There's NO double standard, BG, except from you. Bama's jackass fans make up one of the most classless, obnoxious cheers in college football and then get offended when it is thrown back at them. THAT is the only double standard in play here.

If your fans are going to give it, they should expect to get it. Now if Bama were to disallow the cheer and ban it for a couple of seasons -- long enough for rival fans to understand that they were serious about showing a modicum of class -- and the rival fans kept it up after yet another pounding of the Bama "pride", then you'd have a point.

Until Bama fans show class, they can expect to receive the same in kind. Nature of the beast.

But no, to your way of thinking, on the rare occasions that Alabama wins a game, they should be allowed to bray that obnoxious chant like the rabble they are but when the opponent tattoos that Bama butt, opposing fans should tip their hat, offer a hearty "good game, boys" and file quietly from the stadium. I understand now.

You're right. It IS a double standard.

Archived