Best/Worst Cheers

PChamp119

... The only thing that exists here is a perfect example of what ive been saying all along. You, like many other au fans, hold Bama to a double standard. Always have, always will. The fact that you are oblivious to said standard doesnt negate its existence.

244849[/snapback]

There is no double standard. Let me 'splain something to you: uat does this ridiculously stupid cheer every time they win -- even if they just eke out a win, and even if they win because the other team failed to make a FG as time ran out (see the bowl win over Iowa St a few years back.) For the toothless masses to start pufffing their chests out a yelling we-jus-beat-da-hayell-out-o-you in these situations is a total bs lack of class. Period. There have been decent bammie folks like Steve Sloan in the past who have tried to ban the cheer, but were shouted down by the unwashed multitudes. The cheer epitomizes poor sportsmanship and ignorant low class. I'm not surprized that uat startted this, and kinda glad the cheer is associated with their school.

Now, when AU stomps a mudhole in uat with 11 sacks in one game -- the WE JUST BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU! cheer is simply a dose of your own medicine (not to mention it makes total sense, too. I mean, 11 sacks ... DAYUM!) AU does not yell that for every one of our victories like the uat does. The throwing of this classless cheer back in the faces of the most classless fanbase is just desserts. It is not a double standard at all. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the other SEC schools' fans also throw this cheer back at the inbreds when they beat uat too? That is the difference. And if you can't understand that, well then ... the only thing I can say is, you must be very proud of your uat degree. WDE :au:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allow me to add one telling fact:

I've personally witnessed more than 100 Auburn wins. I've seen AU win in almost every SEC stadium. I've watched Auburn win untold games in Jordan Hare. I've seen 50-point blowouts. I've seen breathtaking games decided on the last play. I've screamed so loud that I nearly passed out. I've screamed so long that I couldn't talk for a week. In all that time, in all those places, I have never executed a "go to hell" cheer. And I can honestly say that in all my years of attending Auburn football, I have never heard Auburn fans do a "go to hell" cheer -- with the exception of when yet another Tide poser is vanquished.

You brought it on yourselves. "Go to hell" is not an Auburn cheer. It never has been and it never will be. It is merely an appropriate response to the boorishness of a group of fans that has all the class of Cousin Eddy.

BG, I have to tell you that I know too many Bama fans that absolutely relish doing Rammer Jammer. They think it is their birth right to rub a victory on someone's face.

Back when I was a Bama fan, the worst they ever did was sing

"NANANA,

NANANA,

HEY, HEY, HEY,

Goodbye!"

That was till 1981

Sometime shortly thereafter, say 1984, they did:

"Lift glasses,

Kick their asses,

Number 1,

The Crimson Tide."

I cant even tell you when they started Rammer Jammer.

Odd note, I know folks from TCU, of all places, that swear that Bama got it from them.

TCU? I thought it was a Christian school....

There's NO double standard, BG, except from you. Bama's jackass fans make up one of the most classless, obnoxious cheers in college football and then get offended when it is thrown back at them. THAT is the only double standard in play here.

If your fans are going to give it, they should expect to get it. Now if Bama were to disallow the cheer and ban it for a couple of seasons -- long enough for rival fans to understand that they were serious about showing a modicum of class -- and the rival fans kept it up after yet another pounding of the Bama "pride", then you'd have a point.

Until Bama fans show class, they can expect to receive the same in kind. Nature of the beast.

But no, to your way of thinking, on the rare occasions that Alabama wins a game, they should be allowed to bray that obnoxious chant like the rabble they are but when the opponent tattoos that Bama butt, opposing fans should tip their hat, offer a hearty "good game, boys" and file quietly from the stadium. I understand now.

You're right. It IS a double standard.

Really i didnt think the concept was too hard to grasp. When I said i wasnt offended by AU fans doing the cheer in return...was that something that didnt show up on your screen? Or did you have a hard time breaking my cryptic code?

You keep using the "bama fans get offended when we do it back" response to dodge the obvious...Why is it ok for AU fans to do it? Why do you guys tell us to go to hell in the cheer when you do it back? You cant say that its just retaliation...i mean its worse then the cheer we use.

Again, incase you missed it the 47 times i typed it...im not offended. But answer the question...why is it NOT ok for bama but it is ok for AU?

Bama doing A = classless

how does Auburn doing A BECAUSE bama does A = a great cheer and full of class

Honestly, if AU was held to such a higher standard as you so often like to suggest...wouldnt stooping to our level indicate otherwise? Then again, i already asked that too...i guess you didnt read that part.

I know I know...we suck for doing the cheer...and you guys are just serving up justice. Whatever.

Let me ask you this...if a guy has a family member killed its murder...but if he goes out a week later and kills the murderer...what is it? They dont pass out merit badges for it...he still goes to jail.

But you know what...logic has never applied to your arguments. You always play the "because its my opinion and that means more than anything else" card. So im guessing youll do the same here.

Bottom line, if AU thinks its classless...they should have the class to not return the favor. But they are no better than us...so they not only do the same cheer...but they tell us to go to hell in the process.

You brought it on yourselves. "Go to hell" is not an Auburn cheer. It never has been and it never will be. It is merely an appropriate response to the boorishness of a group of fans that has all the class of Cousin Eddy.

Yeah you're right...saying "we just beat the hell outta you" in a cheer sure does warrant a response when you win of "not only did we just beat the hell out of you, but you should also go to hell"

Whew, that stinks to high heaven of class. But hey, you say its acceptable, so im on board.

I say both AU and UA doing it is acceptable. But whatever

Yeah you're right...saying "we just beat the hell outta you" in a cheer sure does warrant a response when you win of "not only did we just beat the hell out of you, but you should also go to hell"

Whew, that stinks to high heaven of class. But hey, you say its acceptable, so im on board.

I say both AU and UA doing it is acceptable. But whatever

244861[/snapback]

cousin%20eddie.jpg

This just isn't your day, is it? Nice try on the spin, but it doesn't work.

Your analogy only works if AU and AL turn around and play a second game right after the first. Otherwise, the retaliation HAS to take a year. And yes, I'm saying that if somebody throws a brick at you, you have the right to throw it back. Absolutely. Nothing disjointed or incongruous about that whatsoever.

Jam a hammer, hump your grammer is BAMA's trashy cheer. It was created by a bunch of suspender and overall-wearing Jim Bobs, the majority of whom never set foot in a class on the campus. It reeks of the "class" for which Bama is widely known, so in truth, it's appropriate.

It's "awesome" when brayed at full drunken volume after a last second field goal against one of the worst Ole Miss teams in history, but "poor sportsmanship" when delivered back at the same drunken oafs by fans from Northern Illinois? Now I understand.

If you don't like it, shut your own fans up first.

I dont have a problem with the cheer...and i dont have a problem when AU fans do it back.

I have a problem when AU fans complain about it all year but cant wait until they get the opportunity to say it back to us.

wait?....WAIT?....We haven't had to "WAIT" for FOUR YEARS now! :lol::lol:

Interestingly enough...i dont know of any Bama cheers that tell another school and its respective fan base to 'go to hell'.

244817[/snapback]

i beg to differ. a few years ago i was unfortunate enough to sit in the alabama student section when Auburn lost up in JHW and when Auburn was playing their fight song.... i can distinctly remember when it gets to the part that says.... "give 'em hell give 'em hell, stand up and yell hey!" many many MANY bammer fans took the liberty to tell our school and its respective fan base to "go to hell, go to hell, stand up and yell hey!" so yes it is interesting that you say that because in fact your school has told another school and its respective fan base to 'go to hell' but this arguement will just get thrown by the wayside as i see that you said you didn't know of any bama "cheers"... sheesh...

Good day sir..... I SAID GOOD DAY

Interestingly enough...i dont know of any Bama cheers that tell another school and its respective fan base to 'go to hell'.

244817[/snapback]

i beg to differ. a few years ago i was unfortunate enough to sit in the alabama student section when Auburn lost up in JHW and when Auburn was playing their fight song.... i can distinctly remember when it gets to the part that says.... "give 'em hell give 'em hell, stand up and yell hey!" many many MANY bammer fans took the liberty to tell our school and its respective fan base to "go to hell, go to hell, stand up and yell hey!" so yes it is interesting that you say that because in fact your school has told another school and its respective fan base to 'go to hell' but this arguement will just get thrown by the wayside as i see that you said you didn't know of any bama "cheers"... sheesh...

244885[/snapback]

By a 'few' years ago...do you mean like 1942?

is it possible for the admins to ban any argument about rammer jammer, this is about the 400,000th time this has been discussed.

244817[/snapback]

244885[/snapback]

244902[/snapback]

I think he means like "never". Apparently his passion confused him on the location.

BG03 Dont confuse the issues with analogies. They aren't one to one.

Murder and retaliation for murder aren't on the same scale.

Bricks through windows aren't on the same scale.

We're talking smack talk, not destruction of property. Not assault. Not murder.

Here's an analogy that's a little more valid.

Two kids are playing kickball. One kid kicks the ball and it hits the pitcher in the face. The pitcher is somewhat stunned, but not happy about it. The first kid runs to first base and then begins to taunt the pitcher. "You lousy lump of crap! You can't even catch a kickball." The pitcher takes note. They get the last out, and the teams switch sides. Now the roles are reversed. The 2nd kid now gets to kick and DRILLS the taunting kid in the face. Everyone laughs. The 2nd kid then turns it back on the 1st kid. "You lousy lump of crap! You can't even catch a kickball. EAT DIRT! YOU SUCK!!!"

That's all Auburn fans are doing. We're giving the arrogant, no-class, redneck kid the just desserts he deserves for showing his @$$ in the first place. Had the little jerk not taunted to begin with, the second kid wouldn't have to say anything.

Its all about the rules of the playground. (Lets face it, its football not golf. People act like children.) Bama's just the kid that EVERYONE at school knows lives in a trailer, wears the same clothes EVERY DAY, and takes a bath once a month. He tries to overcompensate by talking a big game. The best part is, EVERYONE else on the playground wants to see that kid get his just desserts. Not just Auburn.

Is it right to stoop to Bama's level? No. Both kids get a time-out for bad sportsmanship. But there sure is something satisfying about it, none-the-less.

244817[/snapback]

244885[/snapback]

244902[/snapback]

I think he means like "never". Apparently his passion confused him on the location.

244909[/snapback]

yes please excuse me. I meant to say that other crap hole in Birmingham. and by a "few years ago" i mean 1998, not "like" 1998, but rather 1998. Auburn traveled to LEGION FIELD IN BIRMINGHAM and unfortunately couldn't pull away a victory and it was then that the bama fans yelled that. Please excuse me for the misunderstanding earlier.

Well since I was at that game...and since I dont know the AU fight song I wouldnt have known to tell you guys to go to hell :P:D

But I heard plenty of it the last 4 years.

...and since I dont know the AU fight song

244944[/snapback]

You will, BG, you will. By the time we finish the fingers and get to the toes, it'll be branded into your memory. :poke::big:

244817[/snapback]

Then we'll just go ahead and claim the championship on that right now before you get the chance to.

wait?....WAIT?....We haven't had to "WAIT" for FOUR YEARS now!  

Touche' :P

244879[/snapback]

That was very "sporting" of you. Thanks and have a GREAT 4th ! ! ! :au::cheer:

I was gonna post an old cheer from when they really were stupid, but I noticed BamaGrad took offense to the board again and hijacked it.

BG, I don't visit bammer board because frankly I have heard it all my life and judging by your pathetic protestations, you have nothing new or original to say.

If you don't like what we have to say about that sorry school over there then don't come here and start this stuff.

I was gonna post an old cheer from when they really were stupid, but I noticed BamaGrad took offense to the board again and hijacked it. 

BG, I don't visit bammer board because frankly I have heard it all my life and judging by your pathetic protestations, you have nothing new or original to say. 

If you don't like what we have to say about that sorry school over there then don't come here and start this stuff.

244983[/snapback]

I never start...merely retaliate. If you dont enjoy my posts, feel free to ignore them.

I would love to ignore your posts but you are all over this board.. You might follow your own advice and ignore our posts.

I would love to ignore your posts but you are all over this board..  You might follow your own advice and ignore our posts.

245070[/snapback]

Why should I? I enjoy it here. Maybe if you just ignored the anti bama threads that are everywhere on the board...you could avoid most of my posts that are rebuttals.

I have no problem with "War Damn Eagle" or Rammer Jammer or anything like them. People who whine about them need to grow a pair and STFU.

With that said, I think :om: fans have the market cornered on "Go to hell" chants. I've been at Bama/Ole Miss games in Oxford and during the national anthem some punk in their student section will holler "Go to hell LSU!" right during the national anthem of all things. Thing is, everybody cheers when he says it. I have no problem with those words, but I think they can find some other time to say it other than the national anthem.

Oh yeah, Hotty Toddy has got to be one of the gayest things I've ever heard. :roflol:

Keep in mind that this pic was taken at the 03 USC/OM game. They weren't even playing LSU that day.

students-gotohelllsu.jpg

Archived