Notre Dame, Penn St. refuse offer to play AU

vatz22au

Got this from another board and was wondering if anyone here has ever heard of this or could provide a link?

both Notre Dame and Penn State have refused to sign a series with Auburn in the near future as of last summer...

i hadn't heard it but i don't doubt it.

i know that was the case with michigan. there were confirmed serious talks about that one.

michigan did want to play auburn... but IN michigan... and not make the trip TO auburn the following year. and we just couldn't come to an agreement, so talks were dropped. and i think michigan settled for playing vandy? and we play west virginia.

but i do wish we could play either of the teams you mentioned. (in the regular season)

It seems like I remember AU & Penn State had scheduled a series ten or fifteen years ago and Penn State cancelled the series didn't they? I'm not inventing that am I?

I highly doubt that either of those teams turned down a chance to play an SEC team as their conference is always competing to be the best conf in the land.....But never the less im proud of ALLBARN in attempting to play someone else than Ball State, and The Citadel, my God I was afraid the Barn was going to pick up Girls Scout Troop 131 this year. All joking aside WSU should pack a little punch(Barn 28-WSU 14) and Tulane had a good recruiting year but SHOULD fall in a blowout(42-0), I say should because you guys have a bad habit of choking when preseason ranked.

I highly doubt that either of those teams turned down a chance to play an SEC team as their conference is always competing to be the best conf in the land.....But never the less im proud of ALLBARN in attempting to play someone else than Ball State, and The Citadel, my God I was afraid the Barn was going to pick up Girls Scout Troop 131 this year. All joking aside WSU should pack a little punch(Barn 28-WSU 14) and Tulane had a good recruiting year but SHOULD fall in a blowout(42-0), I say should because you guys have a bad habit of choking when preseason ranked.

245875[/snapback]

You can take your doubt, write it on a piece of paper, wad it up, stick it up your butt and use it for a seat cushion while you're watching Bama take on Vandy, La. Monroe, Duke or Florida International this season.

245875[/snapback]

Are you being this dense on purpose (as a joke?) or are you always like this? Teams like Michigan & Penn St have +100k seat stadiums. They'd love to have AU come up there & help sell some tix for them but they don't want to reciprocate the favor. Plus, I'll bet they don't relish the thought of getting stomped on early in the season. And don't talk to us about the OOC opponents -- the team you root for just finished a uat home & home with Utah St ... that is, both games were played at home in t-town. If not for Utah Freakin' State padding the stats the last 2 years, your offensive stats would be even more pathetic than they actually were.

245875[/snapback]

It is true jackass that Penn State did agree to and then drop AU for a two game home and home. You should look at your schedules over the past 50 years before throwing stones...did you people ever play UT, UF, UGA, UAT oh and throw in a Texas and Maryland too...in the same season? Nope...you had Vandy and UK etc...you people always had the weakest SEC schedule of the powers...bask in your luck...and enjoy the fact that you are now relegated to past football history.

typical bammerfart logic.....it would just tickle the hell out of me if the bammerfarts were to loose to someone like powerful FLA INT,or DUKE, just to see how they would try to spin it....i think being a bammerfart comes under the term "pathological"...... they only have to say something delusional once, then the entire bunch starts to believe it......i know you are not supposed to laugh at the misfortune of others,but the bammerfarts like to be the center of attention,and you have to admit,those jerkoffs really are funny

my God I was afraid the Barn was going to pick up Girls Scout Troop 131 this year.

245875[/snapback]

We've already got them on our schedule this year. We play them on Nov 18th. :poke:

245875[/snapback]

You can take your doubt, write it on a piece of paper, wad it up, stick it up your butt and use it for a seat cushion while you're watching Bama take on Vandy, La. Monroe, Duke or Florida International this season.

245880[/snapback]

LOL :roflol:

245875[/snapback]

And you guys have a habit of losing to us...keep up the good work! :rolleyes:

:au::homer:

All :bs: aside.

We have had series cancelled by PSU and Oklahoma. Back in the Eighties and Early nineties. I had the schedules back then with the games already printed on them. PSU and OU both cancelled series with us. We had series with Texas and Beat the stuffing out of them. Something Bama has NEVER done.

For the Record, The FSU series back in 1998 was for 6 games. Heard CTB tell us about it back in an Alumni meeting. We cancelled one game, FSU cancelled the rest. Also we have a winning record with FSU.

When Dye got to :au: He played against more Top Ten Teams in three years than Bama had played in Ten including bowl games!

245880[/snapback]

Now G2 you should be nice,Vandy, La. Monroe, Duke or Florida International this season are no easy wins for UAT. I mean when you play power programs like NIU, UCF and Hawaii and go 1-3 this is a tough series of games for them. :moon:

245880[/snapback]

Now G2 you should be nice,Vandy, La. Monroe, Duke or Florida International this season are no easy wins for UAT. I mean when you play power programs like NIU, UCF and Hawaii and go 1-3 this is a tough series of games for them. :moon:

245944[/snapback]

Don't forget LaTech that beat them 2 in a row. :roflol::roflol:

Guest Tigrinum Major
I highly doubt that either of those teams turned down a chance to play an SEC team as their conference is always competing to be the best conf in the land.....

245899[/snapback]

Norte Dame isn't in a conference and the Big Televen has always been relunctant to schedule games with SEC teams on a home and home basis.

Try again.

245875[/snapback]

245880[/snapback]

I guess I struck a nerve......Yes Bama has an easy schedule, but the difference is that our AD scheduled these teams because of the rebuilding year, AWBUHN schedules teams like:Ball State, WKU, Citadel for a "national title" contention season.....the funny thing is FIU,Duke,La.Monroe, and Vanderbilt are all D1 teams the same cannot be said about AWBUHN'S normal opponents.

245875[/snapback]

Another mindless spew from a bamafart. Michigan refused to come to Auburn to play. Does the arrogance sound familiar?

I guess I struck a nerve......Yes Bama has an easy schedule, but the difference is that our AD scheduled these teams because of the rebuilding year, AWBUHN schedules teams like:Ball State, WKU, Citadel for a "national title" contention season.....the funny thing is FIU,Duke,La.Monroe, and Vanderbilt are all D1 teams the same cannot be said about AWBUHN'S normal opponents.

245994[/snapback]

Better to say nothing and let people think you a moron than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Sorry cornholio, it's too late for you. Your "argument" above is weak and laughable. When even the other Bama fans here cut and run from your idiocy you should have the sense to catch the vibe. You're nothing but a poser.

I'm not going to spend the time it would take explaining to you just how ignorant and misguided (not to mention stupid) your post above makes you sound. Instead, I'll just try to help you out on a broader scale.

Here's a couple of suggestions for you if you want to survive in the world:

1) Take the rolled up pennies from under the kitchen cabinet. Go to Dollar General and buy a dictionary. Look up the word football. Have your mother or grandmother read the definition to you. Then have them read it to you again to make sure you understand.

2) Shut up for a minute and pay attention to how the other posters on this board -- even the Alabama supporters -- interact with each other. Then try to adapt. If you're incapable of that find something else to do.

3) Before you post again at least make an attempt to know what you're talking about. If nothing else, use Google. If you need a link, let somebody know.

3) Don't forget your appointment at the orthodontist to get your braces tightened next week.

4) Get permission from your mom before you get on the computer again

5) Wearing Member's Only jackets ceased being cool in the 80s. So did mullets.

6) Let us know when you're having your 16th birthday party in a couple of years. Maybe some of us will send presents.

7) Grow up.

Note: Items 3-7 admittedly violate the spirit of suggestion #2.

First of all WKU and the Citadel were late additions due to cancellations. Second of all, at least Auburn actually wins their cream puff games.

1997 La. Tech - 29 Alabama - 20

1999 La. Tech - 29 Alabama - 28

2000 UCF - 40 Alabama - 38

2003 N. Illinois - 19 Alabama - 16

....the funny thing is FIU,Duke,La.Monroe, and Vanderbilt are all D1 teams the same cannot be said about AWBUHN'S normal opponents.

245994[/snapback]

uat is one of AU's regular opponents. Are you telling us that uat is non-D1 caliber? I don't know if I'd go that far. uat is more like Ole Miss caliber. :lol:

do pet shops sell bammerfarts?....if so, can they be housebroken?

246006[/snapback]

If bamerfarts could be housebroken they would not be bamerfarts.

245875[/snapback]

245880[/snapback]

245994[/snapback]

Check out LSU's 03 OOC schedule when they won the MNC.

Turd Quote:

I guess I struck a nerve......Yes Bama has an easy schedule, but the difference is that our AD scheduled these teams because of the rebuilding year, AWBUHN schedules teams like:Ball State, WKU, Citadel for a "national title" contention season.....

Fact:

Looking at UAT's strength of schedule (regular season) for the following seasons...

1961, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1991 and 1992

*Only the 1971 and 1978 teams had a strength of schedule above.550.

*Six of the Turd teams had a SOS below .500 (1992, 1977, 1975, 1966, 1961, and 1979).

*Of their 140 opponents, 71of them had non-winning records (51%)

*They only faced 18 opponents with a win pct above .750 (13%)

*Of the last 56 MNC's, here is how the Turd's SOS compared to other MNC teams:

This includes bowl opponents:

1978: 4th

1964: 7th

1973: 25th

1992: 45th

1979: 49th

1961: 51st

Archived