Notre Dame, Penn St. refuse offer to play AU

vatz22au

Turd Quote:

I guess I struck a nerve......Yes Bama has an easy schedule, but the difference is that our AD scheduled these teams because of the rebuilding year, AWBUHN schedules teams like:Ball State, WKU, Citadel for a "national title" contention season.....

Fact:

Looking at UAT's strength of schedule (regular season) for the following seasons...

1961, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1991 and 1992

*Only the 1971 and 1978 teams had a strength of schedule above.550.

*Six of the Turd teams had a SOS belove .500 (1992, 1977, 1975, 1966, 1961, and 1979).

*Of their 140 opponents, 71of them had non-winning records (51%)

*They only faced 18 opponents with a win pct above .750 (13%)

*Of the last 56 MNC's, here is how the Turd's SOS compared to other MNC teams:

This includes bowl opponents:

1978: 4th

1964: 7th

1973: 25th

1992: 45th

1979: 49th

1961: 51st

246023[/snapback]

There you go again, Stat ... using facts & logic to make a point. You know you're going to confuse the uat dirt road alumni when you post like this, don't you? "But, but, but ... we gots 12 nayshunal champeenships and uh tradishun of winning! Who cares that the schedule was full of creampuffs?" LMAO. Keep up the good work, Stat.

You can take your doubt, write it on a piece of paper, wad it up, stick it up your butt and use it for a seat cushion while you're watching Bama take on Vandy, La. Monroe, Duke or Florida International this season.

245880[/snapback]

Now G2 you should be nice,Vandy, La. Monroe, Duke or Florida International this season are no easy wins for UAT. I mean when you play power programs like NIU, UCF and Hawaii and go 1-3 this is a tough series of games for them. :moon:

245944[/snapback]

Alls I know is that 'bammer better watch out for the Warriors of Hawai'i, and if coach hula doesn't take the Hand and Ankle Cuffs off of juwana then they might be in some Deep DooDoo.........I'm being serious, Hawaii's QB (JR., # 15, Colt Brennan) is the leading QB, as far as passing yards go, coming back. They also have two Stud WRs (Soph., Slot Back, #1, Ryan Grice-Mullins & Soph., Slot Back, #7, Davone Bess).........Now, they're defense might be questionable, aside from (Soph., ILB, #41, Solomon Elimimian). But, does that really matter when all you gotta do is put 8 in the box to stop Darby?...............Yea, good luck in that game LOL

Thanks Stat, I think he's off licking his wounds from that monumental butt whoopin' you just gave him.

What a stupid move by ND and PSU. Think about all the money they would've gotten when you guys decided to buy out. :roflol:

Go 'Noles!

What a stupid move by ND and PSU. Think about all the money they would've gotten when you guys decided to buy out. :roflol:

Go 'Noles!

246104[/snapback]

13-4-1

I highly doubt that either of those teams turned down a chance to play an SEC team as their conference is always competing to be the best conf in the land

245875[/snapback]

Ivan: They have made a conscious effort to lighten the schedule but it hasn't kicked in yet. They turned down Auburn. Auburn wanted a home-and-home. Notre Dame said no.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview05/ne...d=2127164&num=6

I don't understand why ND doesn't want to do a home and home. I highly doubt that ESPN,CBS or ABC would miss out on the game played in Jordan-Hare. I just think it is either arrogance or being scared when it comes to moves like this by northern teams like Michigan or Notre Dame.

I don't understand why ND doesn't want to do a home and home. I highly doubt that ESPN,CBS or ABC would miss out on the game played in Jordan-Hare. I just think it is either arrogance or being scared when it comes to moves like this by northern teams like Michigan or Notre Dame.

246205[/snapback]

This was ND's schedule last year:

Pittsburgh

Michigan

Michigan St.

Washington

Purdue

Southern California

Brigham Young

Tennessee

Navy

Syracuse

Stanford

Ohio St -- Fiesta Bowl

If they're trying to lighten the load, scheduling AU is not the way to do it. They dodged a bullet last season by catching UT in a down year -- and they know it.

246205[/snapback]

This was ND's schedule last year:

Pittsburgh

Michigan

Michigan St.

Washington

Purdue

Southern California

Brigham Young

Tennessee

Navy

Syracuse

Stanford

Ohio St -- Fiesta Bowl

If they're trying to lighten the load, scheduling AU is not the way to do it. They dodged a bullet last season by catching UT in a down year -- and they know it.

246207[/snapback]

They played 3 teams with winning records last year (including Ohio St.) and lost to all of them. Notre Dame and that schedule is a joke.

I highly doubt that either of those teams turned down a chance to play an SEC team as their conference is always competing to be the best conf in the land.....But never the less im proud of ALLBARN in attempting to play someone else than Ball State, and The Citadel, my God I was afraid the Barn was going to pick up Girls Scout Troop 131 this year. All joking aside WSU should pack a little punch(Barn 28-WSU 14) and Tulane had a good recruiting year but SHOULD fall in a blowout(42-0), I say should because you guys have a bad habit of choking when preseason ranked.

245875[/snapback]

You can take your doubt, write it on a piece of paper, wad it up, stick it up your butt and use it for a seat cushion while you're watching Bama take on Vandy, La. Monroe, Duke or Florida International this season.

245880[/snapback]

I guess I struck a nerve......Yes Bama has an easy schedule, but the difference is that our AD scheduled these teams because of the rebuilding year, AWBUHN schedules teams like:Ball State, WKU, Citadel for a "national title" contention season.....the funny thing is FIU,Duke,La.Monroe, and Vanderbilt are all D1 teams the same cannot be said about AWBUHN'S normal opponents.

245994[/snapback]

All of Auburns opponents are D1 this year...

I highly doubt that either of those teams turned down a chance to play an SEC team as their conference is always competing to be the best conf in the land.....But never the less im proud of ALLBARN in attempting to play someone else than Ball State, and The Citadel, my God I was afraid the Barn was going to pick up Girls Scout Troop 131 this year. All joking aside WSU should pack a little punch(Barn 28-WSU 14) and Tulane had a good recruiting year but SHOULD fall in a blowout(42-0), I say should because you guys have a bad habit of choking when preseason ranked.

245875[/snapback]

Thanks for your vote of confidence and good luck this season against perrenial powerhouse Duke Blue Devils

I think Auburn should keep trying to schedule a series with Notre Dame. I want to see us take on the Irish bad. We have played and beaten just about every major power except them. That game would be huge exposure for us, especially if we won handedly.

245875[/snapback]

Thanks for your vote of confidence and good luck this season against perrenial powerhouse Duke Blue Devils

246282[/snapback]

Any truth to the rumor that uat refuses to play Central Fla. or La Tech again?

:lol::lol::lol::poke:

Michigan turning AU down isnt a shocker.

Evans tried contacting UM last year and was told UM only wanting an Ann Arbor visit and that was it.

Please, UM is not that great of a school. Nobody is when dealing with Top SEC schools.

Evans tried contacting UM last year and was told UM only wanting an Ann Arbor visit and that was it.

Please, UM is not that great of a school. Nobody is when dealing with Top SEC schools.

246368[/snapback]

Preach on brother...Preach on! :cheer::cheer:

246368[/snapback]

Not suprised they turned down Auburn or Georgia at all, Big 10 will not come down and play away games with the SEC

Does anyone have a theory as to why that is? I mean, I find it hard to believe a Big 10 school just does not want to grant a return trip to an SEC school. As someone alluded to earlier, why wouldn't Michigan want to fill up their 100K plus stadium and be the game of the week in prime time, and then not want to travel and help fill up 86K plus and do the same thing? Doesn't make sense.

I know we can all say they're "Scared", but I don't buy that. C'mon, we haven't exactly struck fear into the hearts of GT, USC and other legit D-1 OOC opponents lately. I can't imagine it would be the weather in the south either. This is a game that would most likely be played early in the season and I'm sorry, but in September, it's by God, Africa hot anywhere you go in the USof A.

I know we've tried to schedule UM, but why on earth would you not want to grant a return trip? Wasn't OSU/Texas pretty good stuff last year? I imagine that's going to be a fun game to watch again this year and those two clubs are going to make a lot of $$$ off that little series.

I spent time in Ann Arbor last summer and got the feeling that UM was trying to soften their schedule.

Right now, they only have ND as their only tough OOC games in the upcoming 4 years.

i hadn't heard it but i don't doubt it.

i know that was the case with michigan. there were confirmed serious talks about that one.

michigan did want to play auburn... but IN michigan... and not make the trip TO auburn the following year. and we just couldn't come to an agreement, so talks were dropped. and i think michigan settled for playing vandy? and we play west virginia.

but i do wish we could play either of the teams you mentioned. (in the regular season)

245864[/snapback]

I remember that too. I think it was in the late 1990's. I bet those bammers would love to opt out of playing us. Then all this "fear the thumb" talk could end and they could sleep well at night!

Does anyone have a theory as to why that is?  I mean, I find it hard to believe a Big 10 school just does not want to grant a return trip to an SEC school.  As someone alluded to earlier, why wouldn't Michigan want to fill up their 100K plus stadium and be the game of the week in prime time, and then not want to travel and help fill up 86K plus and do the same thing?  Doesn't make sense.

I know we can all say they're "Scared", but I don't buy that.  C'mon, we haven't exactly struck fear into the hearts of GT, USC and other legit D-1 OOC opponents lately.  I can't imagine it would be the weather in the south either.  This is a game that would most likely be played early in the season and I'm sorry, but in September, it's by God, Africa hot anywhere you go in the USof A.

I know we've tried to schedule UM, but why on earth would you not want to grant a return trip?  Wasn't OSU/Texas pretty good stuff last year?  I imagine that's going to be a fun game to watch again this year and those two clubs are going to make a lot of $$$ off that little series.

246418[/snapback]

Theories: (1) Their conference schedule has plenty of physical teams on the schedule already with OSU, PSU, Wisc, Iowa, etc. -- not to mention ND. Why make your job even harder by adding another physical team in AU without letting one of the others go? (2) Supply & demand: plenty of schools are willing to come to The Big House for a fat paycheck and not expect reciprocity. The ideal situation for Michigan is to play their conference schedule but try to fill the Big House with 3-4 OOC opponenets every year, preferably ones they can beat. (3) AU's program is one of the hottest in the country -- right now. I don't know if you could call it being skeert. It's more like UM is being rational. Why risk an OOC loss to a top flight team early in the season? Getting to a Jan 1 Bowl game takes some schedule management. Wouldn't it be better to schedule a name school whose tradishun far exceeds their current ability? :rolleyes:

246205[/snapback]

What I don't think people understand is that ND has a contract with NBC, not only do you have to come to terms with ND you also have to come to terms with NBC... Alabama has already dealt with the same problems, when we tried to schedule a home and away series with them...Another good reason to hate ND.. ..

Archived