Claytor: No Tech commitment yet

DKW 86

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...or_no_tech.html

Claytor: No Tech commitment yet

By Matt Winkeljohn | Monday, July 10, 2006, 11:47 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Nick Claytor’s one of the biggest recruits in coach Chan Gailey’s plan, figuratively and literally, but the mammoth offensive tackle told me Monday night he’s not about to commit to Georgia Tech.

Or Ohio State, or Auburn, or Florida State, or any school. Not yet, anyway.

Claytor, the 6-foot-6, 320-pounder from Gainesville High was rumored on some websites Monday to be nearing a college decision, with Tech sitting pretty according to some reports.

My guess is the reports began circulating for one reason - he called Gailey Monday with a list of “big” questions.

“I’m just starting to call [college] coaches and ask some of the tougher questions,” said Claytor, who is ranked as the No. 8 offensive tackle in the nation by rivals.com among rising seniors. “You kind of tip-toe around when you’re visiting [those schools], but you have to ask.

“I asked Tech outright today, coach Gailey, are they going to win? Are they going to be consistent. I went straight to the source. I just want to let people know I didn’t make a commitment.”

From the sound of it, Claytor - who’s from Ohio, with much of his family, including his father, still in Toledo - is down to Tech, Auburn and OSU, with Florida State on the edge.

Archived