Friday Night Lights...the tV series

Ranger12

For those that can't get enough football. Looks like it appeases the "drama" that women like with the football that guys and Jenny will like.

Friday Night Lights

Has there ever been a series taken from a movie that made it?

247377[/snapback]

M*A*S*H is the only one that comes to my mind right now.

I actually did not enjoy the FNL movie that much, but it was okay. I'll probably watch the first episode and then decide to TIVO it or not, as long as it does not interfere with two other shows I already record in that time slot. I know that NCIS comes on at that time and I already record it.

I don't see how far they could take this as a TV show. The movie was a fairly accurate retelling of a true story. That was the best part of the movie. I don't think it will have the same appeal as a purely fictional show.

Band of Brothers .... Sort of, It has a direct link from Saving Private Ryan.

247387[/snapback]

That was just a mini-series instead of a regular TV series. Band of Brothers is really only tied into SPR in the fact it was set in WWII and Tom Hanks had something to do with both.BOB was based upon a book and was about real miltary actions and had real people as the characters, whereas I think SPR was a fictitious movie with fictional characters, but was loosely based upon the type of missions that was portrayed in SPR.

I don't see how far they could take this as a TV show. The movie was a fairly accurate retelling of a true story. That was the best part of the movie. I don't think it will have the same appeal as a purely fictional show.

247384[/snapback]

a healthy dose of cheerleaders and under the bleacher activities will keep it interesting.

A football version of Desperate Housewives

A football version of Desperate Housewives

247395[/snapback]

That is my thought. The movie was more about the football. The TV series looks like it is going to add more of the "primetime soap opera" drama to it, so that is how they will get around from going from a work of non-fiction to a work of fiction.

247387[/snapback]

That was just a mini-series instead of a regular TV series. Band of Brothers is really only tied into SPR in the fact it was set in WWII and Tom Hanks had something to do with both.BOB was based upon a book and was about real miltary actions and had real people as the characters, whereas I think SPR was a fictitious movie with fictional characters, but was loosely based upon the type of missions that was portrayed in SPR.

247393[/snapback]

Tom Hanks & Spielberg collaborated on the HBO mini-series Band of Brothers as co executive producers or something like that. Regardless, they did an outstanding job with it. Band of Brothers was written by the late Stephen Ambrose. It is one of his trilogy he wrote, the other 2 being D-Day, the Climatic Battle and Citizen Soldiers. I highly recommend the books.

Tom Hanks & Spielberg collaborated on the HBO mini-series Band of Brothers as co executive producers or something like that. Regardless, they did an outstanding job with it. Band of Brothers was written by the late Stephen Ambrose. It is one of his trilogy he wrote, the other 2 being D-Day, the Climatic Battle and Citizen Soldiers. I highly recommend the books.

I'll second that recommendation. Very good books.

247384[/snapback]

Actually it is an indirect link to Band of Brothers. SPR was a story of small group of 2nd Rangers going on a mission to save a 101st Airborne private, The only link is the 101st Airborne....it was a different company of the 101 portrayed in both works. E Company of the 506 PIR of the 101...Private Ryan, I recall was in Company C...but not sure of what PIR. BoB was actually a much better work and I don't really see a direct link...other than the producers.

247384[/snapback]

Actually it is an indirect link to Band of Brothers. SPR was a story of small group of 2nd Rangers going on a mission to save a 101st Airborne private, The only link is the 101st Airborne....it was a different company of the 101 portrayed in both works. E Company of the 506 PIR of the 101...Private Ryan, I recall was in Company C...but not sure of what PIR. BoB was actually a much better work and I don't really see a direct link...other than the producers.

247551[/snapback]

tejas ... I think sog was referring to the proposed Friday Night Lights tv show.

Archived