Auburn's season now?

TigerOne

well this may blow over, but all the negative reporting will ruin this season.

Can't see the media changing it's perception now, plus this will effect the team.

Especially now all the players will be watched to see what classes they are taking,

and distractions can't help.

Hope I'm wrong

Can't see the media changing it's perception now, plus this will effect the team.

Especially now all the players will be watched to see what classes they are taking,

Hope I'm wrong

247825[/snapback]

You don't know Auburn, do you?

I actually think that it could have the opposite effect. Assuming that there has been no wrong doing I think this could just as easily be a rallying point. I for one hope that if this is disproven Auburn takes every available means to throw the involved parties under the bus!

No way bro! This will just fire the guys up even more. It will also show the nation what certain people on the west side of the state will go to just to try to bring us down since they can't beat us on the field.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!

I highly doubt that.

It remains to be seen how it will affect the team.

Hope I'm wrong

247825[/snapback]

Ah, the pungent aroma of pessimism. Gotta love it.

...all the negative reporting will ruin this season.

247825[/snapback]

Good luck with your ruined season. I am looking forward to mine.

It wont ruin the season...everybody knows how Pitts is, it was just a matter of time untill he got in trouble. We have known about Sears since last november, all the guys are over that, in fact they just made fun of him today and laughed at his picture in the paper, and i may be wrong but didnt this class thing took place in 2004, our seniors were sophmores then and it probably didnt effect them much. Plus players dont worry about classes, they do what the advisors tell them to do....most of them probably couldnt even sign up for classes on their own to tell you the truth.

ok geniuses, maybe ruin is too strong, distraction may be more realistic. The comment was from frustration at seeing Auburn once again being bashed by losers.

It will take time from the coaching staff/players to answer 10 zillion questions

that aren't related to the upcoming season.

ok geniuses, maybe ruin is too strong, distraction may be more realistic. The comment was from frustration at seeing Auburn once again being bashed by losers.

It will take time from the coaching staff/players to answer 10 zillion questions

247874[/snapback]

Um, the season hasn't started yet. Media days in Bham aren't for another week at least. There will be plenty of time for this to blow over.

I'm not saying this can't escalate into more, but given the current state of affairs, I'm not worried about it. (If it stays as it is, I don't think I'll even think about it in August.)

247874[/snapback]

I agree with you there.

247874[/snapback]

Still disagree. There is too much time between now and the start of the football season for this to still be an issue. The matter will be settled before the first kickoff of the new season.

Ranger12, you are the most argumentative person on this board. So the guy has a different opinion than you. Let it go. I think his concerns are valid. This story broke and is apparently national news. Of course it will have an effect on the team, however minor. I believe everything will blow over eventually, but Auburn has a history of getting in trouble so someone may try to take this farther than if it happened to another school.

So, how are you different than ranger12. Aren't you acosting him for having a differing opinion to yours?

I believe, like most do, that this is just something to pass the time until the season starts. The media just needed a little bone to chew on and this happened to be there for the taking.

As far as how it will affect the team this fall, I would ask you one question. In the face of adversity or distraction, who is the best coach in the US? You could make the argument that Tuberville NEEDS this kind of thing to get his head out of his butt sometimes. When forces seem to be working against him, I would NEVER bet against Tommy Tuberville.

This whole deal is obviously a nonissue that will blow over in a few days (after NYT, Finebaum, ect. make a lot of money off of it). But even if it did turn into something, this is the kind of thing that causes CTT to be at his best. Winning will be the best revenge and :au: will do plenty of that this year.

Just take a deep breath all you Chicken Little's out there and relax and enjoy the ride.

So, how are you different than ranger12.  Aren't you acosting him for having a differing opinion to yours?

247939[/snapback]

Heh, burned.

I don't have a problem with disagreeing AURainman. It's just that I read posts on here often and it seems that Ranger12 likes to just argue. We have a little history between us anyway. No big deal now, but we had a major disagreement that turned into a weeklong jab session. That's what forums are about, I guess. Opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one.

I believe, like most do, that this is just something to pass the time until the season starts. The media just needed a little bone to chew on and this happened to be there for the taking.

As far as how it will affect the team this fall, I would ask you one question. In the face of adversity or distraction, who is the best coach in the US? You could make the argument that Tuberville NEEDS this kind of thing to get his head out of his butt sometimes. When forces seem to be working against him, I would NEVER bet against Tommy Tuberville.

This whole deal is obviously a nonissue that will blow over in a few days (after NYT, Finebaum, ect. make a lot of money off of it). But even if it did turn into something, this is the kind of thing that causes CTT to be at his best. Winning will be the best revenge and  :au: will do plenty of that this year.

Just take a deep breath all you Chicken Little's out there and relax and enjoy the ride.

247944[/snapback]

AMEN

i dont think it will effect the season at all for you guys. I think it will effect recruiting though.

247956[/snapback]

The only way it will affect recruiting is that we will be then be the only school that doesn't have crip courses anymore :poke:

Ranger12, you are the most argumentative person on this board.  So the guy has a different opinion than you.  Let it go.  I think his concerns are valid.  This story broke and is apparently national news.  Of course it will have an effect on the team, however minor.  I believe everything will blow over eventually, but Auburn has a history of getting in trouble so someone may try to take this farther than if it happened to another school.

247932[/snapback]

Just because I don't agree with you, that makes me the most argumentative person on the board? Have you even read this whole thread? Seems there are quite a few that have the same stance as I do, so why are you calling me out? So what if I am argumentative? It is called debate and as long is it is civil, there is nothing wrong with it. If you can stand it, that is your problem. Maybe you are the type that surrounds himself with "yes" men. This is twice now in your young tenure hear on the board that you have called me out. Sounds like you have some beef with me.

Archived