Dutch OK Pedophile Party

DKW 86

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/NET...-07-17-08-00-57

Dutch Court OKs 'Pedophile' Political Party

By MIKE CORDER

Associated Press Writer

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) -- A Dutch court refused Monday to ban a political party whose main goal is to lower the age of sexual consent from 16 to 12. The judge said it was the voters' right to judge the appeal of political parties.

The party has only three known members, one of whom was convicted of molesting an 11-year-old boy in 1987. Widely dubbed the "pedophile" party, it is unlikely ever to win a seat in parliament. The group would need around 60,000 votes, and pollsters estimate it would get fewer than 1,000.

Opponents had asked The Hague District Court to bar the party from registering for national elections in November, arguing that children have the right not to be confronted with the party's platform.

"Freedom of expression, freedom ... of association, including the freedom to set up a political party, can be seen as the basis for a democratic society," Judge H. Hofhuis said in his ruling.

"These freedoms give citizens the opportunity to, for example, use a political party to appeal for change to the constitution, law, or policy."

He noted that the PNVD party, the Dutch abbreviation of Brotherly Love, Freedom and Diversity, had not committed a crime, but was calling for a change in the law.

"It is the right of the voter to judge the appeal of political parties," he said.

The party sparked outrage when it proclaimed its existence in late May, but prosecutors declined to prosecute its members as a threat to public order.

"We expected this result," said party treasurer Ad van den Berg, 62. "We are not doing anything illegal so there is no reason to ban us."

Van den Berg was fined and given a suspended prison sentence for molesting an 11-year-old boy in 1987. After his background became known last month, he was chased from the trailer park where he lived in the city of Oostvoorne.

Anke de Wijn, an attorney representing the party's opponents, said the group was abusing Dutch tolerance.

"Victims feel hurt by the wish of pedophiles to make their desires known in public," De Wijn said. "There are few limitations on free speech, and that's good, but this group is making misuse of the privilege, to provoke."

The PNVD's known members were a president, a secretary and a treasurer, as required under Dutch law. In order to stand in elections scheduled for Nov. 22, it will have to submit a list of candidates and the signatures of at least 30 supporters to get on the ballot in any one of the country's 19 voting districts.

Ireen van Engelen of the Solace Foundation, which researches pedophilia, said the party likely would fail to register for the elections because pedophiles seek anonymity.

"They will never want to connect their name to the party and without the signatures they can't go in the elections," she said.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

Anyone here old enough to remember an early SNL commercial where they did a parody ad in which the age of consent was like 8 or 9 ? The humor would be lost in these times, sadly, but the absurd notion of businessmen hitting on a pre teen all dressed up like a office 'babe' was hilarious. In light of those MSNBC pieces where pedophiles are nabbed on camera thinking they were going to have an 'encounter' w/ a young boy or girl there's really not much to laugh at any more. :(

I guess family vacations to the Netherlands is definetly out of the question.

248962[/snapback]

Which begs the question, "what the hell is wrong with Europe??"

They chased God and decency out of their schools and colleges and are reaping what they sowed. Make no mistake, we here in America will have the same and very soon. I have predicted this was coming since 1993. Every argument thay was used for normalizing gay relationships work for the pedophiles. Who are we to judge? There has always been some part of the population this way. It is in classical literature. blah blah blah...

248962[/snapback]

What? I can no longer safely take my kids to the hash bars and legal brothels of Amsterdam? :big:

Well, there's the Man-Boy Love Association here in the states, or something like it. What I don't understand is how you would even find a printer to produce the stationery. Or the newsletter.

I don't believe in capital punishment. But I might be willing to make an exception for child molesters.

They chased God and decency out of their schools and colleges and are reaping what they sowed. Make no mistake, we here in America will have the same and very soon. I have predicted this was coming since 1993. Every argument thay was used for normalizing gay relationships work for the pedophiles. Who are we to judge? There has always been some part of the population this way. It is in classical literature. blah blah blah...

249142[/snapback]

No one argues that a healthy 35-year-old lesbian isn't a consenting adult. Everyone except pedophiles agrees that a 12 year old girl/boy is NOT a consenting adult. I understand that's what the "pedophile party" is trying to change, but they will always be part of a deviant minority. Age of consent is the whole argument in pedophilia, but is not part of the gays rights debate whatsoever. No comparison...

249142[/snapback]

No one argues that a healthy 35-year-old lesbian isn't a consenting adult. Everyone except pedophiles agrees that a 12 year old girl/boy is NOT a consenting adult. I understand that's what the "pedophile party" is trying to change, but they will always be part of a deviant minority. Age of consent is the whole argument in pedophilia, but is not part of the gays rights debate whatsoever. No comparison...

249188[/snapback]

OK Quietfan, that sounds great when debating the issue with those of differing views. But why is it when the gays have their marches there are almost always groups from the pedophile groups marching along with them. There is very little condemnation from the gay groups for the agenda of the pedophile groups. It's more like the gays wish the peds would not be vocal and visible only because of PR.

Intellectually speaking only. I was saying that the ARGUMENTS work, nothing more. Those the gays used will almost without exception work for Nambla. Only difference will be the redefining the age of consent. SCJ Ruth Bader Ginsburg wrote back in 1976 that 12 should be the defining year. Ever read the Old Testament?

Yall watch, it is coming....All we need is a few likeable tv and movie characters, maybe a Lifetime movie where the loving ped takes the child out of a physically abusive home, etc. Soon it will appear normative. The next step? Nambla must find a celebrity to take up the fight for them either as one or in support of them. Roman Polanski is friends with a ton of folks in Hollyweird...

Tick Tock...

Here's what I want to know about Age of Consent. Kind of a philosophical question.

When a 25-year old man molests a 15 year old girl or boy, it's really, really creepy. And he should be put under the jail.

However, in the very publicized cases of a hot, 25-year-old female teacher having sex with a 15-year-old boy, she gets a slap on the wrist. What's more, every man in America secretly thinks back to their teenaged years and thinks, "Man, don't I wish I had had a teacher like THAT when I was in high school!"

Anybody have a thought on this subject? Is our double standard justified?

Not exactly on topic, but sorta kinda. I heard that actor James Woods ( age 59 ) is currently dating a young woman who isn't old enough to legally drink, being all the tender age of 20!

:blink:

I know, like most guys on the board, if ya got that chance, take it ! But how many men here have 20 yr old daughters , and how would you feel if she were dating a guy older than you ?

I kinda liked James Woods, because for the longest time, I thought he was more of a Left winger in Hollywood, then I heard he was leanded more politically toward the Right.

Now I don't know what to think. He's still an ok actor, but sheesh.

Here's what I want to know about Age of Consent. Kind of a philosophical question.

When a 25-year old man molests a 15 year old girl or boy, it's really, really creepy. And he should be put under the jail.

However, in the very publicized cases of a hot, 25-year-old female teacher having sex with a 15-year-old boy, she gets a slap on the wrist. What's more, every man in America secretly thinks back to their teenaged years and thinks, "Man, don't I wish I had had a teacher like THAT when I was in high school!"

Anybody have a thought on this subject? Is our double standard justified?

249415[/snapback]

Justified? ...no. Pretty institutionalized into our society? ...Yes.

It may have something to do with the idea that a women would never be strong enough to persuade a young man against his will, but a man could intimidate a young women into something resembling consent more than violent rape. Also probably relates to the old "boys will be boys, but girls should be virgins" double standard that our society tends to apply to youngsters of equal age.

How many movies can you name that had "boy trying to lose virginity" as an acceptable theme? Off the top of my head, the only case I can recall of "girl losing her virginity" as a theme that doesn't come off as a sermon saying "absolutely not!" might be "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"...and even it had the girl paying consequences in the form of pregnancy and abortion.

Which, of course, is part of the historical difference in attitude: The consequences and risk of pregnancy are certainly greater for the woman. I also suspect it dates back to an historical attitude in male-dominated societies in which daughters were valuable property to be bartered/sold off in marriage. Can't have anyone lowering the value of your property by taking it's virginity!

Not exactly on topic, but sorta kinda. I heard that actor James Woods ( age 59 ) is currently dating a young woman who isn't old enough to legally drink, being all the tender age of 20!

:blink:

I know, like most guys on the board, if ya got that chance, take it ! But how many men here have 20 yr old daughters , and how would you feel if she were dating a guy older than you ?

I kinda liked James Woods, because for the longest time, I thought he was more of a Left winger in Hollywood, then I heard he was leanded more politically toward the Right.

Now I don't know what to think. He's still an ok actor, but sheesh.

249433[/snapback]

just 59? Hugh Hefner is 80! ...and look at his girlfriends. Wonder if they've learned anything from Anna Nicole Smith?

Archived