Maisel Speaks Out

AUDave

3-Point Stance

3. Auburn fans are outraged by The New York Times' story on how a university sociology professor gave football players independent study credits as if they were candy. The outraged fans used the "Everybody does it" defense, and also complained about the Times' reporting methods. What the fans haven't done is defend the professor's work on its merits.

ESPN :puke: is eating this up as usual. I love that they have a blatant bias but will not ever admit it. Thought it was interesting. Also, here is the latest article posted on ESPN...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2522469

Maisel is certified Bama Grad :homer: Move along, no news here. I just hope we get to give a little of this back soon.

DK.... I believe you may be thinking of Reece Davis, I'm pretty sure he's a bama grad.

DK....  I believe you may be thinking of Reece Davis, I'm pretty sure he's a bama grad.

249575[/snapback]

You are correct sir! Rece Davis

My apologies. Sometimes guys, my back pain killers get the better of me. I know Ivan had strong Alabama "state' connections.

My apologies. Sometimes guys, my back pain killers get the better of me. I know Ivan had strong Alabama "state' connections.

249589[/snapback]

its reaching the point,it seems, that if the writer or braodcaster,ect isn't a bammerfart, he has been tainted by one.....its hard to pick out a bammerfart from any other wino or gutter trash anyway

Ivan Maisel is from Mobile and "grew up as an Alabama fan."

But his logic of using the everybody else does it excuse doesn't work. If all schools have independent studies courses it is OK. If Auburn does it. It is a sin.

I can't find that one in the rule book.

Is what he said untrue? Yea, a lot of people are saying "Everybody does it" and you ALL are talking about the NYT methods. And I haven't heard many (or any) fans on this page talk about the professor's credibility for bringing it up. Why he is suddenly a Bama guy, you guys are childish... Maybe his next article should say "Auburn is #1 and I love it" and maybe you'll "respect" him again

Is what he said untrue? Yea, a lot of people are saying "Everybody does it" and you ALL are talking about the NYT methods. And I haven't heard many (or any) fans on this page talk about the professor's credibility for bringing it up. Why he is suddenly a Bama guy, you guys are childish... Maybe his next article should say "Auburn is #1 and I love it" and maybe you'll "respect" him again

249609[/snapback]

SSDD

That article could've been worse. He did in fact (FINALLY) state that Caddy took those classes after his football career was done, and also included a quote from Gundlach that said none of these allegations are "sanctionable" at all.

249609[/snapback]

YOU are calling someone childish ? You ? Wow. The irony is so thick I can barely breath.

YOU are calling someone childish ? You ? Wow. The irony is so thick I can barely breath.

249634[/snapback]

I don't know about your breath. Bad, I imagine.

Don't forget to breathe, though.

Yea childish - how have I acted childish? I dare you to try to find something. The last time someone accused me of something they couldn't find anything either. Tho I don't see you responding to my comment about what Ivan saying being untrue - you just respond to my comment about acting childish, which is how everyone on this board is acting

249609[/snapback]

My real question about this lacky (which is what I will call him for the time being) is why did he not go through his chain of command in the school system? If there is an issue do you not go to your immediate supervisor first and then on up the chain of command until your voice is heard? It just smacks of sour grapes.

Yea childish - how have I acted childish? I dare you to try to find something. The last time someone accused me of something they couldn't find anything either. Tho I don't see you responding to my comment about what Ivan saying being untrue - you just respond to my comment about acting childish, which is how everyone on this board is acting

249647[/snapback]

Your problem in my book isn't childishness. The problem you keep having, that no one seems to be able to penetrate that metal plate in your head about, is truth in context or full truth vs partial or selective truth. What Maisel said was true on its face. However, in taking a shot and not acknowledging that this issue is more nuanced than can be captured in a snarky soundbite, people get pissed and rightfully so. Please record this post for future reference so we don't have to keep going over this remedial course with you.

Yea childish - how have I acted childish? I dare you to try to find something.

249647[/snapback]

I say F Auburn.
too many people on this board are full of crap with their rumors
Maybe you are blind... but ummmm....

RV's not being allowed on grass for the safety of the ... grass I guess?

Eagles not being allowed to be at the eagle's cage for the safety of the... eagles I guess? Even tho they later got West Nile after being moved.

So I guess I fail to see your point (again... big shock)

O noooo I should live in fear being afraid that some drunk student might throw a cup at me in the stands or throw a fist at me. SAFETY FIRST!! NO STUDENTS AT THE GAME!!
Hell, someone could've thrown their cup at Tubs from the football stands. I guess we should get rid of the first 70 rows. Got anything else?
And Auburn is F'd up if they are going to continue ruining such events/traditions.

I dont think the other person bothered to look actually.

249634[/snapback]

249645[/snapback]

Sorry about that, Mrs. PChamp119. I won't bother your boy any more. :lol:

249634[/snapback]

249645[/snapback]

249676[/snapback]

Actually, I hope somebody pimp slaps PC. You're welcome to do it.

I was just trying to divert the stream a little by poking at you. No offense?

...I was just trying to divert the stream a little by poking at you.  No offense?

No offense taken my friend. I have a thick skin. Besides, even though you don't know me, I know you. I took your post in the way it was meant.

...I was just trying to divert the stream a little by poking at you.  No offense?

No offense taken my friend. I have a thick skin. Besides, even though you don't know me, I know you. I took your post in the way it was meant.

249717[/snapback]

All this espionage... I know you, you don't know me. It's spooking me out here.

All this espionage... I know you, you don't know me.  It's spooking me out here.

249721[/snapback]

I've been reading your posts for 18 months.

All this espionage... I know you, you don't know me.  It's spooking me out here.

249721[/snapback]

I've been reading your posts for 18 months.

249747[/snapback]

Whew... I was worried you were talking about the biblical "know".

I'm not that kind of guy. Well, there was that one night in Poughkeepsie, but the less said about that the better.... :D

249634[/snapback]

249645[/snapback]

249676[/snapback]

Actually, I hope somebody pimp slaps PC. You're welcome to do it.

I was just trying to divert the stream a little by poking at you. No offense?

249710[/snapback]

I believe Vatz just took care of that. I hate to see PC back around again. I sure haven't missed his anti- piss on- f- Auburn tones.......That is not Auburn. If you can't see the obvious slant and bias in those articles as defamation something is wrong with you. Thanks Vatz, you are my hero now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived