Georgia standout picks AU

DKW 86

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvill...1600.xml&coll=1

Georgia standout picks AU

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Huntsville Times

AUBURN - Linebacker Marshall Williams of Decatur, Ga., said Wednesday he plans to sign with Auburn in February.

Williams, 6-foot-2 and 201 pounds, attracted significant attention with his performances on the summer camp circuit. He said he narrowed his choices to Auburn, North Carolina and Vanderbilt before choosing the Tigers. "I just felt like Auburn was a good place for me to play," Williams said. "It feels like a family every time I go down there."

Williams played defensive end last season and had 33 tackles and three sacks. He is expected to move back to linebacker this season. Williams is Auburn's 11th public commitment.

Phillip Marshall

Another important note, He is good friends with Caleb King!!! :cheer::cheer:

He was matched up CK at the camp this past weekend and from what i have read, he stayed with him step for step.

With his frame 6'2" do you guys think he'll be a lb or a SS?

His speed may determine the answer to that question.

He was matched up CK at the camp this past weekend and from what i have read, he stayed with him step for step.

He definitely projects better at LB, but we'll just have to wait and see what CTT and Muschamp think.

Scout says he runs a 4.6 - 40. Either way he'll be a stud.

A 4.6-40 to a recruiting services definitely isn't a legit 4.6-40. Most LB prospects are in the 4.45-4.7 range in the 40 yard dash according to recruiting services. So remember to take them for what they are worth.

He definitely projects better at LB, but we'll just have to wait and see what CTT and Muschamp think.

Scout says he runs a 4.6 - 40. Either way he'll be a stud.

A 4.6-40 to a recruiting services definitely isn't a legit 4.6-40. Most LB prospects are in the 4.45-4.7 range in the 40 yard dash according to recruiting services. So remember to take them for what they are worth.

250463[/snapback]

You also got to remember that these kids are going to be high school seniors this fall and they will improve in every stat category only unless they suffur an injury along the way (which I hope doesn't happen). I wish every HS recruit can stay healthy no matter what school they go to. And I hope every recruit that doesn't come to Auburn can stay healthy throughout the year so when/if they face and get beat down by :au: they can be be like "wow, this is an amazing school/team, I should have committed to go here."

Archived