This lady gets it...

Jenny AU-92

I have no idea of who she is or with whom she is affiliated or how long she has to live after the fatewah is declared against her for speaking out, but dang if she doesn't get it... Man, she is incredibly courageous.

Link to incredible statement

Are the sub-titles real? Also, what country was this aired in?

I'm not trying to dispute the message, because everything that was said was absolutely correct. I'm just surprised they let her go on and on like that. Wouldn't they have just cut her off when she started disparaging muslims like that?

Just trying to find some additional facts before I send this out to a lot of my friends and family.

She's right?!

She believes in freedom of religion, but seems to condemn those that want to change others spiritual beliefs. If that's so, let's fire all preachers, bring home all the missionaries, fire Chette Williams too .. ha! Give me a break.

She's right?!

She believes in freedom of religion, but seems to condemn those that want to change others spiritual beliefs.

I think her point is that she does not think you should resort to violence to change someone's spiritual beliefs, even tho the Koran seems to advocate this. I also think she meant that everyone should be free to worship as they please, and not fear for their lives if they are not Muslim. She was condemning those that take the Koran's admonition to convert the infidels literally. They see the world in two groups - Muslim and non-Muslim. One gets to live, the others don't. And the reward of conversion to their way of thinking is 7th century society, no modern advances, and no respect for human rights. She pointed out that Jews don't blow up Christian churches, that Buddists don't blow up mosques, but Muslims persecute other religions in the name of their own.

As for the details of this, I have no idea - it looks like Al Jazeera, but I don't speak Arabic, so I have no clue. It was still intriguing.

"You can believe in stones. As long as you don't throw them at me"!

Wow. That statement says a lot.

Archived