Tech Job Market

Tigermike

I wonder how many, if any, will follow their job to India. If any of your jobs were moved to another country would you go or find work elsewhere? That would be a tough call.

From an email I received a while back:

Machiavelli said not to use mercenaries: If they're lousy, they'll lose your kingdom for you, and if they're good, they'll take it away from you. My corollary: The same thing goes for outsourced IT workers.

Outsourcing Article

From an email I received a while back:

Machiavelli said not to use mercenaries: If they're lousy, they'll lose your kingdom for you, and if they're good, they'll take it away from you. My corollary: The same thing goes for outsourced IT workers.

Outsourcing Article

Preach on Brother Man!

I will soon be looking for IT work in HSV area. I am not looking for a drop dead salary though. At least not for several years or until I open my own company. ;)

Have you ever called a Help Desk & have to ask for someone who speaks english?

The one I had might have been speaking english, but my ears were not hearing english. :blink:

Have you ever called a Help Desk & have to ask for someone who speaks english?

The one I had might have been speaking english, but my ears were not hearing english. :blink:

Delta Airlines in July. Lost my bags on the way home. Called the hotline and got India every time. Finally demanded to speak to a supervisor and was very please to be sent back to Atlanta to speak to a nice southern sister. Man did that experience stink. And you better believe that I gave it to everyone that would listen or read. I think as we start to have more and more of these issues, companies will realize that customer service means just that, "service".

Archived