On the mark.. Off the mark

Ryan Sanders

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview06/co...&id=2564235

On the Mark

Thumbs up to Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville, who is sticking to his principles in suspending linebackers Kevin Sears and Tray Blackmon from the No. 4 Tigers' first few games. I reported earlier this month that the suspensions would last three games, which would include the highly anticipated home game against No. 8 LSU on Sept. 16. During a conversation with Tuberville in Auburn, Ala., about two weeks ago, the coach wouldn't confirm or deny the three-game suspension, only saying each player would be sidelined for "several games." Tuberville added the suspensions could be reduced or extended depending on the players' behavior off the field and work in the classroom.

Without Sears and Blackmon, the Tigers will have a very thin and inexperienced linebacker corps. Safety Will Herring has moved to strongside linebacker, senior Karibi Dede returns at middle linebacker and sophomore Merrill Johnson takes over at weakside linebacker. Freshman Craig Stevens is the top backup, and Chris Evans and Patrick Trahan played sparingly last season.

Off the Mark

At least Tuberville has been more forthcoming -- and apparently stricter -- than Mike Shula, coach at rival Alabama. Crimson Tide linebacker Juwan Simpson was arrested May 20 on charges of possessing a stolen handgun, carrying a handgun without a license and possession of marijuana (the handgun charges were dropped for lack of evidence, and Simpson entered a program to resolve the drug charge). But Shula has yet to announce a suspension, and Simpson is slated to start the Crimson Tide's opener against Hawaii on Saturday.

:roflol: An article that gets right to the heart of the matter. Shula is going to keep catching crap for his apparent unwillingness to discipline his players. We have already seen that he will allow them to disrespect the coaching staff without any repercussions. Now we see they can commit criiminal acts and not have and serious repercussions either. The inmates are running the asylum at UAT. I have stated before that the discpline issue alone is going to cause UAT's program to implode. Shula will not be able to replace the coaches he is going to loose with any decent replacements. If and when he loses his job, UAT is going to have a hard time finding a decent head coach to replace the crappy coach they had. Considering who his dad is, you would think he would have inherited some type of coaching ability.

I hope like heck that he is not letting this stuff go on because he is more afraid of losing a game. I know this is the edge year for Bama. In 2007 they should be very good. But if you lose control of the team trying not to lose a game, that sounds exactly like the end of CMD's coaching tenure at Bama.

I hope like heck that he is not letting this stuff go on because he is more afraid of losing a game. I know this is the edge year for Bama. In 2007 they should be very good. But if you lose control of the team trying not to lose a game, that sounds exactly like the end of CMD's coaching tenure at Bama.

Exactly! You do have to wonder if he is letting discipline slide to win, what else is he letting slide or pretending like he does not know about.

But didn't Shula say he would not make his decision public? Like I said before, he IS handing out punishment to JS. He is MAKING him play for ALABAMA - and he must eat a whole quart of ice-cream between each quarter.

But didn't Shula say he would not make his decision public? Like I said before, he IS handing out punishment to JS. He is MAKING him play for ALABAMA - and he must eat a whole quart of ice-cream between each quarter.

:hail::lmao:

Exactly!! Everyone thinks that discipline should be missing snaps from a game...There are other ways to discipline players...such as giving them ice cream... :no:

note: I've never taken a psychology class..so I could be wrong.

Exactly!! Everyone thinks that discipline should be missing snaps from a game...There are other ways to discipline players...such as giving them ice cream... :no:

note: I've never taken a psychology class..so I could be wrong.

:big:

JS: But Coach Effin, I don't like rocky road.

CMFS: You'll eat it and you'll like it!

Do you need a license to carry a pistol?

Yes.

http://www.packing.org/state/alabama/

Min age in Alabama to obtain a Pistol Permit is 18. The Local Sheriff's do have discretionary authority and can set the age higher.

The Process, Documents required and permit fee varies from county to county. Check with the Sheriff of the county you reside in for information on the process in your county. Alabama does not issue permits to non residents

In Jefferson County (Birmingham), applicants need only pass a background check to obtain a permit.

If the pistol is concealed then yes you do............If you leave it out in the open where it can be seen then no!

I have a pistol permit and I can carry my pistol in my vehicle for the purpose of protection if I feel it would be warranted, BUT I highly doubt Mr. Simpson had that gun because he felt threatend. I think the fact that he had a gun and a bag of weed only spells one word for me......................THUG!

Heres you cone Mr. Simpson, now go get me some tackles!

"Tuberville added the suspensions could be reduced or extended depending on the players' behavior off the field and work in the classroom."

Here is the "out" statement for Tuberville. This allows him to say that either or both, Blackmon and Sears have been model citizens on and off the field and they can return for the LSU game. :clap:

If the pistol is concealed then yes you do............If you leave it out in the open where it can be seen then no!

I have a pistol permit and I can carry my pistol in my vehicle for the purpose of protection if I feel it would be warranted, BUT I highly doubt Mr. Simpson had that gun because he felt threatend. I think the fact that he had a gun and a bag of weed only spells one word for me......................THUG!

Actually, you are required to conceal where I am, and in most of the state.

Code of Alabama, 1975, Section 13A-11-73

No person shall carry a pistol in any vehicle or concealed on or about his person, except on his land, in his own abode or fixed place of business, without a license therefore as hereinafter provided.

If it is concealed on your person or in a vehicle, and you are licensed, it can be loaded. It cannot be in the open, and loaded...

If you don't have a permit, the pistol must be unloaded, and separated from the ammo....

Actually, you are required to conceal where I am, and in most of the state.

Code of Alabama, 1975, Section 13A-11-73

No person shall carry a pistol in any vehicle or concealed on or about his person, except on his land, in his own abode or fixed place of business, without a license therefore as hereinafter provided.

If it is concealed on your person or in a vehicle, and you are licensed, it can be loaded. It cannot be in the open, and loaded...

If you don't have a permit, the pistol must be unloaded, and separated from the ammo....

You beat me to the punch. As an avid gun lover, I make sure to know the laws and follow them. I would not ever want to take the chance of losing my right. My father-in-law collects them and has just about every pistol made. Since I am his only son-in-law I am hoping those would be left to me in case, God forbid, something was to ever happen to him. :big:

Back to the law, why would you carry a pistol on you or in your car and it not be concealed? That is why the law is the way it is. If you have your pistol in plain sight, then you are irresponsible and don't need to be carrying at all. The only exceptions of course is law enforcement. Like most gun laws, it's a safety thing folks.

Well there are quite a few "open carry" states, but it is incumbent on the individual to be responsible and know the laws in your area....

AL is by and large not an open carry state.

I'm not sure if I ever heard if the pistol JS had was loaded, but if memory serves me, it was concealed.

I see a lot of people leave a loaded weapon in the open in their vehicles, but rarely see anyone busted for it. Even though, it is not legal where I live... Apparently they just don't enforce it...

To be clear, pistols and rifles have completely different requirements.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, I think South Carolina is an "open carry" state. But again, the states that do not allow it are the smart states if you ask me. I just don't think there is too many good reasons for your pistol to be in plain sight unless maybe you are riding through an area known for violence and you want it handy for quicker access. Otherwise a pistol should stay hidden from plain sight for safety reasons. Besides the reason I just mentioned, I could not see any logical reason for me to have my pistol sitting in the front seat of my car or on my dash.

When I received my pistol permit the sheriff told me that if I did not obtain a license to carry my pistol that it had to be in plain sight while in transit in my vehicle, hence the violation of carrying a concealed weapon. If you have a permit then it is legal to carry the gun and conceal it, if you do not then it is illegal for you to carry the firearm in your vehicle unless it is in plain view. I think this is to allow people who have guns for their homes and don't obtain a permit to transport them when needed.............................Not Claiming to be an expert only Stating what the Cullman County Sheriff told me when I got my permit! :D

When I received my pistol permit the sheriff told me that if I did not obtain a license to carry my pistol that it had to be in plain sight while in transit in my vehicle, hence the violation of carrying a concealed weapon. If you have a permit then it is legal to carry the gun and conceal it, if you do not then it is illegal for you to carry the firearm in your vehicle unless it is in plain view. I think this is to allow people who have guns for their homes and don't obtain a permit to transport them when needed.............................Not Claiming to be an expert only Stating what the Cullman County Sheriff told me when I got my permit! :D

Home, and about are completely different matters.

ALs laws are rather convoluted since each county has different requirements.

What you were told certainly complies with the state statutes, but doesn't mesh with any of my surrounding counties.

By all means go by what you were told in the county of issue!! But be aware that not all counties are the same. ;)

Transportation when unloaded and separate from ammo is allowed in most all cases...

Yeah, thats a different situation. When you just purchased it and taking it home or taking it somewhere, like to a buddies house, then it you would have to have it in plain site and unloaded. What I am referring to is when you are keeping it in your car all the time. If a person is doing that, then they need to get a license because there is very, very few good reasons to be carrying around a loaded weapon in plain sight in your car.

With Simpson, like I said when that story first came out, a concealed pistol found with drugs is nothing but wrong all the way. A person is up to no good when drugs and weapons are found together.

That is what I meant by the original statement, if you have not obtained a permit the only way to legally transport it is in the open. I just did not state the unloaded part! I don't care one way or the other...........I have a permit and I don't use or carry drugs, guess that takes me off of the Crimson Tide Defense then huh?

That is what I meant by the original statement, if you have not obtained a permit the only way to legally transport it is in the open. I just did not state the unloaded part! I don't care one way or the other...........I have a permit and I don't use or carry drugs, guess that takes me off of the Crimson Tide Defense then huh?

It does indeed!!

Also takes you off the whole University of Miami team.

Who said we wanted you on our defense? :roflol:

Archived