Fight Songs or School Songs that make you cringe

tigerfan1234

Everytime I hear these songs during games I wanna puke:

1) Miami's fight song or whatever it is. For being Thug U, this song is total pansy.

2) Tennessee's Rocky Top is horrendous so I am glad I converted my wife to AU and not the other way around. She knew from day one of meeting me where I stand. I was born and literally five minutes later I was wearing an outfit that said I will be a future Auburn quarterback. This dream might have come true if I had not gotten hurt during my senior year in high school, but o well.

3) Hoddy Toddy is really queer, but this is Ole Miss we are talking about.

4) Miss St.'s crap is just that. Go State, Go State, Go State is all you have to learn as a student at Miss St. and you graduate.

5) Ohio State's fight song sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard

Take it away guys...

Everytime I hear these songs during games I wanna puke:

1) Miami's fight song or whatever it is. For being Thug U, this song is total pansy.

2) Tennessee's Rocky Top is horrendous so I am glad I converted my wife to AU and not the other way around. She knew from day one of meeting me where I stand. I was born and literally five minutes later I was wearing an outfit that said I will be a future Auburn quarterback. This dream might have come true if I had not gotten hurt during my senior year in high school, but o well.

3) Hoddy Toddy is really queer, but this is Ole Miss we are talking about.

4) Miss St.'s crap is just that. Go State, Go State, Go State is all you have to learn as a student at Miss St. and you graduate.

5) Ohio State's fight song sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard

Take it away guys...

Alabama's song has always sounded like a constipated donkey braying in my opinion. It's fatuous and flatulent.

Other than War Eagle, which is the national standard for great fight songs, there are a couple I really like.

Michigan's 'Hail to the Victors' is awesome.

Also USC, as much as I hate them, has a good song.

I like Hail to the Victors also.

I also like the... DA DA DA DA...Go Tigers that LSU uses (all but one week a year that is)

I absolutely love listening to Texas and the Oklahoma fight songs although I loathe OU.

Dynamite is also pretty good, although obviously uninspiring.

I used to love the FSU warchant until the Braves ruined that for me.

Rocky Top is really the only one that I hate.

And, if they didn't play it after runs off right tackle for 2 yards it wouldn't be so bad.

Alabama's song has always sounded like a constipated donkey braying in my opinion. It's fatuous and flatulent.

Other than War Eagle, which is the national standard for great fight songs, there are a couple I really like.

Michigan's 'Hail to the Victors' is awesome.

Also USC, as much as I hate them, has a good song.

I liked the USC fight song until the :arky: game last season. I heard it so often then I went around singing it for about a week :puke:

As far as good fight songs go... My top 5:

1) Michigan

2) Alabama

3) Texas

4) LSU

5) Auburn

HM: Oklahoma, Florida, & Southern Cal

Should Alabama not be disqualified seeing how most of the fans don’t even know the words. Granted you do but I could go grab 15 random tailgate and 12 of them wouldn’t even know the words. Why is it bama fans can not remember the words to the song, my family is full of bammers (the poor misguided souls), I can think of only two who know the words the rest argue back and forth about the words to the song.

Hey Alabama! Hey Alabama! BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA! Hey Alabama BA BA BA! Hey Alabama! Those are the words right?

You forgot a few roll tides in there I believe.

#1 War Eagle ! ! !

#2 Notre Dame

#3 USC

#4 Michigan

#5 Texas

Just my HO.

Since a good 75% of high schools have Notre Dame Victory March as their fight song, I would have to say that that one makes me cringe the most. It is quite often over-used and horribly played.

Nationally, the Notre Dame fight song is most definitely#1. Auburn's has never even been mentioned in any of the top 20 fight song polls that I have seen. I don't think Auburn's fight song is the best, but it is in the top tier, in my opinion. Some others that I think are cool: Texas, Oregon, Georgia Tech, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Illinois, USC.

UAB's doesn't make me cringe, but when they play it on Jox, it definitely doesn't inspire me in any way, shape, or form.

I kinda like UAB's. The word suck but the tune is good.

I guess I'm the only one that likes Rocky Top. It isn't my favorite but I do like it.

I loved it when Manning directed the band playing it after they beat bama one year.

I used to go to a private breakfast when we played Tenn. in Knoxville. One of the Tenn. players (later made All American) always wanted us to play War Eagle. He said nothing fired him up like that song. He truly loved it.

I guess I'm the only one that likes Rocky Top. It isn't my favorite but I do like it.

I loved it when Manning directed the band playing it after they beat bama one year.

I used to go to a private breakfast when we played Tenn. in Knoxville. One of the Tenn. players (later made All American) always wanted us to play War Eagle. He said nothing fired him up like that song. He truly loved it.

Hello, my name is Boonan, and I like Rocky Top, too.

I like it a lot more than I did when I was in school and had to hear it incesantly, but now I don't mind hearing it every now and then. Although I still sing the made up, dirtier lyrics we had for it when I was in band.

My least favorite has to be rocky top or USCs stupid song they play after every play

Thought I would be the only one that thought this about USC's song. Got tired of it while their QB was getting tired of Aundrey Bruce giving him a beatdown back in the 80's. Was that Rodney Peete?

My least favorite has to be rocky top or USCs stupid song they play after every play

Thought I would be the only one that thought this about USC's song. Got tired of it while their QB was getting tired of Aundrey Bruce giving him a beatdown back in the 80's. Was that Rodney Peete?

I got tired of it when their QB was giving us a beatdown. Was that Matt Leinart? <_<

Archived