Fight Songs or School Songs that make you cringe

tigerfan1234

If anything in this world makes me cringe, it's hearing the drumline right before LSU breaks out into their fight song:

http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3..._Fight_Song.mp3

In Tiger Stadium .. I've never been scared of a song until I heard that one.

Good call. Any time I make the trip to the By-O, it takes at least a week to get that tune out of my head. Can't help liking it, though. The (Saturday Night in Death Valley) atmosphere is amazing . . . (For the record, though, I'm still irked that part of the :au: band's pregame program - where they turn and face each side of the stadium - mimicks LSU. Hopefully that wasn't the intent . . . )

I also like (besides Auburn) GTech and I guess, like everyone else, Michigan and (in spite of myself) Notre Dame.

UT, UF and Miss St are some of the sorrier songs that stick in my head.

Of course the AU fight song is the best. CAN NOT STAND "Rocky Top". Troy State University - excuse me, Troy University is weak, but I think South Carolina's "Step to the Rear and let a WINNER lead the way" is stupid.

As far as good fight songs go... My top 5:

1) Michigan

2) Alabama

3) Texas

4) LSU

5) Auburn

HM: Oklahoma, Florida, & Southern Cal

Should Alabama not be disqualified seeing how most of the fans don’t even know the words. Granted you do but I could go grab 15 random tailgate and 12 of them wouldn’t even know the words. Why is it bama fans can not remember the words to the song, my family is full of bammers (the poor misguided souls), I can think of only two who know the words the rest argue back and forth about the words to the song.

Untrue. We teach ours at an early age. ;)

UGA's, UF's, FSU's and LSU's fightsongs are really pretty good.

Miss. State gets old. I hate Rocky Top.

I guess, any song that a school plays over and over and over (and not because they are scoring TD's ((Hear what I'm saying MSU))) it drives me nuts.

I know a lot of Bama fans who know fewer of the words than I do.

They do the "bampa-bampap-bampa-bampa-BAMP AAAA BAAA BAAAA! And if a friend comes to meet you, GO TO HELL! Bampa-bampa-bampa-bampa BUUUH BAAAA PAAA BAAAA! "

Priceless.

I absolutely love listening to Texas and the Oklahoma fight songs

Good heavens...Oklahoma? Boomer Sooner ("it's the only...it's the only...it's the only...song we know")? C'mon...

I'm no Texas fan, but at least theirs has more than two words.

Some of the rust belt schools have good fight songs...I like Wisconsin's, Michigan's and Michigan State's. I detest Notre Dame and USC, but their fight songs are good. The first part of USC's song definitely has that "going into battle" feel to it. Georgia Tech's gets honorable mention.

Not a fight song, but Kansas State does a good version of "Wabash Cannonball".

I hate Ole Miss, but I have to say, hearing their band play "From Dixie With Love" in the Grove is AWESOME! It just is... And, I will be hearing it that way in three weeks. Hate em, and love to beat them just about every year, but the Grove is awesome, and the women are beautiful.

I hate Ole Miss, but I have to say, hearing their band play "From Dixie With Love" in the Grove is AWESOME! It just is... And, I will be hearing it that way in three weeks. Hate em, and love to beat them just about every year, but the Grove is awesome, and the women are beautiful.

if you're wondering which one i'm talkin about, it's on the link that WeagleDMS provided... thanks for finding that site by the way :thumbsup:

Archived