New Nike line of commercials

Ranger12

Has anybody seen the new Nike commercials that premiered today? They are pretty darn cool. It is about a fictitious high school called the Briscoe Hawks, but the team is made up of NFL players like Brian Urlacher, Troy Polamalu, Michael Vick, and some other pros. Don Shula is the head coach, Steve Young is an assitant, and Jimmy Johnson is a teacher at the school. There are also cameos by other football personalities like Deion Sanders as a father of one of the players.

Nike Briscoe High Hawks

Steve Young is an assitant

funny, there was a "Briscoe" ad in a a sporting news i had been reading and the assistant was urban Meyer not steve young.

But w/e......ya they are really cool commereicals, and they have been airing since the summer-

in has been like following the team, lol

First it showed them in camp

and then in the past weeks it has shown them playing games, much like a real HS team.

Cool,

funny, there was a "Briscoe" ad in a a sporting news i had been reading and the assistant was urban Meyer not steve young.

But w/e......ya they are really cool commereicals, and they have been airing since the summer-

and then in the past weeks it has shown them playing games, much like a real HS team.

Cool,

Yeah, Meyer is one, but there is a shot of Steve Young on the sidelines during one of the games doing some coaching also, but that is the only time you see him. I also think it is funny when Tomlinson scores a TD and the you see Deion Sanders in the stands yelling "That's my boy! That's my baby!". :lol:

But how are all those guys down by 4 to a HS team with time running out??? UNBELIEVABLE to say the least.

That's the whole point of the commercial. We know who they are, but we are supposed to be looking at them as high school players, not NFL caliber players.

Cool,

Yeah good marketing I didn't even know NIKE was the product.. Good Job..

Cool,

Yeah, Meyer is one, but there is a shot of Steve Young on the sidelines during one of the games doing some coaching also, but that is the only time you see him. I also think it is funny when Tomlinson scores a TD and the you see Deion Sanders in the stands yelling "That's my boy! That's my baby!". :lol:

But how are all those guys down by 4 to a HS team with time running out??? UNBELIEVABLE to say the least.

That's the whole point of the commercial. We know who they are, but we are supposed to be looking at them as high school players, not NFL caliber players.

Actually, Tomlinson throws the pass and the only player on the team that isnt an NFL player catches the pass for a TD. Deion plays that kids father in the commercials.

Sorry...I saw it...thought it was pretty dumb.

:au::homer:

Cool,

Actually, Tomlinson throws the pass and the only player on the team that isnt an NFL player catches the pass for a TD. Deion plays that kids father in the commercials.

Oh okay...I thought Tomlinson was the one that caught the pass. My bad. I saw it again and finally caught who the "new kid" was that is not playing. It was Matt Lienart wasn't it? I also caught that Lee Corso was the mascot when he takes the head off. <_<

Cool,

Oh okay...I thought Tomlinson was the one that caught the pass. My bad. I saw it again and finally caught who the "new kid" was that is not playing. It was Matt Lienart wasn't it? I also caught that Lee Corso was the mascot when he takes the head off. <_<

Yeah, the new kid is Leinart, and yeah, I saw fathead too.

If you watch the commercial online, afterwards it gives you some info about the players and coaches. Looks like the whole concept of the team is named after Marling Briscoe, who is also one of the assitants in the commercials. He was the first professional black starting QB when he started his career at Denver and was an All-American QB at Nebraska. He played on the 1972 undefeated Dolphins team and was their leading receiver the following year in 1973. He runs youth football camps now.

I was wrong about Steve Young being an assitant. I thought he was on the sidelines, but I know see he must be just an alumni or student. The first commercial shows him being the paperboy and the second one shows him in the stands, which I mistook for the sidelines because of the camera angle.

I did not know who all the females were in it because I don't know their faces that well, but Deion Sander's wife is Jill Arrington and the chick that says something to the Williams kid in the hallway is Jillian Barbarie.

I guess they are going to be doing a whole season of these commericals for every game the team plays because they have a schedule up online with the score of the first game on it.

I think this is a great marketing campaign. Some, like SKAUB :poke: , may find it goofy, but to each their own.

With all the names in this commerical, Nike has to be shelling out some big money for these commercials.

I also like the old school feel with the classic rock song "Spirit in the Sky".

You won't ever catch me wearing anything with a swoosh on it. Nike sucks.

Oh, I am with you on that as far as their shoes go. I owned two pair in my life and they both fell apart rather quickly. I am a New Balance or Reebok (depending on the shoe) guy, but I still have to give props to Nike for the new Briscoe High commercials.

Kind of like beer commericals, I am not a Bud or Miller Lite beer drinker as I did not even taste an adult beverage until I was 27, but I do like some of their commercials. I am what some of you "expert" beer drinkers call a "sissy". I am more into the Smirnoff Ice, Mike's, Bacardi O's, kind of drinks and I rarely partake of that.

Cool,

Yeah good marketing I didn't even know NIKE was the product.. Good Job..

Some commercials are subtle. :slapfh:

Archived