Bama's "Walk of Champions"

quietfan

Ole Miss, Walk of Champions

Bama = Ole Miss

Soooooo true. Ever since this comparison was posted I have noticed it more and more. It is AMAZING the similarities.

As I was sitting on a plane yesterday flying from Houston to Birmingham, a few rows in front of me was a bammer and his wife. It's a good thing I was a few rows back because even that was too close to avoid asphyxiation from the ultra-cheap perfume she had apparently bathed in. As he sat in his jean shorts and tucked in "Bama" t-shirt with the sleeves cut out, she was talking this other woman's ear off about how awesome "Walk of Champions" was. The woman could not have cared less, but this bammer lady was trying to convince her that it was the coolest thing ever.

So not all bammers hate it. The ones who have never been to Auburn love it.

Bama copies Auburn's Tiger Walk, an authentic AU tradition, just like everyone else has.

AND they steal the name from Ole Miss.

How can you NOT draw the comparison between Ole Miss and Bama?

What is soooooooo sweet about this is the fact that I remember Bryant saying we copied everything they did and that "is was flattering actually." How the worm has turned and it was about damn time too.....wde! :cheer:

Auburn plays with a football

La tech plays with a football

Auburn = La Tech

I can do this all day.

Ole Miss - 6 SEC football titels

Auburn - 6 SEC football titles

Auburn=Ole Miss

:poke:

Alabama 21 SEC titles. Yeah...we're the same.

Past is the past, BG. You guys and Ole Miss both wallow in it. And your 21 gets less relevant every day. Nobody really cares a whole lot how great ya'll allegedly were in 1929. Nobody really cares a whole lot about some 1950s Ole Miss, either. Outside your fanbase and a few patronizing media types? It's a joke. A big joke.

Past is the past, BG. You guys and Ole Miss both wallow in it. And your 21 gets less relevant every day.

Your SEC title is in the past too. Congrats.

And your last one before that...was in the 80s.

Past is the past, BG. You guys and Ole Miss both wallow in it. And your 21 gets less relevant every day.

And your last one before that...was in the 80s.

The past is the past that's for sure. But Daniel Moore sure wishes you guys would win a game without your field goal kicker. Business is slow painting those kickers! B)

Difference is that people who are not senile can actually remember it.

Sec Championships only proves Bama = Ole Miss. Neither one will win another SEC title anytime soon.

Bama = singing hey vandy we just beat the hell out of you by 3 points

Auburn = singing hey bama we just beat the hell out of you 5 in a row and are still undefeated in Tuscaloosa

Big difference.

We sing it after every win. Ironically, we got to sing it more times last year than AU would have...if they sang after every win.

Sec Championships only proves Bama = Ole Miss. Neither one will win another SEC title anytime soon.

Well going by AU's recent past (1 every 15 seasons), we will win one before you guys.

Difference is that people who are not senile can actually remember it.

1999? That wasnt that long ago. But 1989 was.

Actually 2004 was when AU won it last ;)

And since 1992 both AU and bama having a losing record in going to the SECCG AU 1-2 and bama is 2-3. But fact is, this century bama has been bad...................I'll go ahead and save you the time in replying. Bama has endured probation, cut schollies, injuries, blah blah blah!!!! :poke:

We sing it after every win. Ironically, we got to sing it more times last year than AU would have...if they sang after every win.

Well going by AU's recent past (1 every 15 seasons), we will win one before you guys.

Yea.........okay there BG, keep drinkin' that Kool-Aid. The fact of the matter is that Ole Piss had the Walk of Champions first, then yall.......being Sooooooo intellectual said hey I got it........the Walk of.........Yall ready for this.........Champions! Oh yeah congrats on beating the Hell out of Hawaii.... :lol: , and...I almost forgot :vandy::lol::lol::lol: .......Good Luck this weekend, let's see if yall cover the Spread. :lol: . bammer only resembles Ole Piss because of the Walk of Champions, besides that? :om: is better.

It is just simply not possible to discuss the present with an Alabama fan, is it?

Tiger Walk is the most copied tradition in college football and it started on Donahue Dr., and it is on Donahue Drive where you will still see the real deal. We didn't have to plan it. We didn't have to advertise it to scholarship donors / season ticket holders. We didn't have to build a concourse. We didn't have to put up statues of Mike Price and Franchione to impress everyone. We just came from our tailgates back in the day when the team walked from their dorms to the stadium. Fans told other fans, and that is how you knew.

That is a tradition. Your staged spirit march of iPods, mullets, and muscle shirts is more like Ole Miss than anything I have ever seen outside of Oxford.

It is just simply not possible to discuss the present with an Alabama fan, is it?

Tiger Walk is the most copied tradition in college football and it started on Donahue Dr., and it is on Donahue Drive where you will still see the real deal. We didn't have to plan it. We didn't have to advertise it to scholarship donors / season ticket holders. We didn't have to build a concourse. We didn't have to put up statues of Mike Price and Franchione to impress everyone. We just came from our tailgates back in the day when the team walked from their dorms to the stadium. Fans told other fans, and that is how you knew.

That is a tradition. Your staged spirit march of iPods, mullets, and muscle shirts is more like Ole Miss than anything I have ever seen outside of Oxford.

WORD!!!!

Archived