Just saw the first couple of LSU fans...

bigsixfive

And they were having words with a uniformed man employed by the City of Opelika Police Department. Not sure what they were doing, but they were talking to him when we went in, and still talking when we came out. Didn't look too happy, and the cop was writing something when we left. There was a slightly older guy in an AU shirt that didn't look to happy either.

LSU fans causing trouble in Auburn? No way! :rolleyes:

Just got back from a high school game in Dothan. When we parked, a car pulls up next to us with LSU flags flying and the guy driving steps out clad in a purple LSU shirt. I told him I hoped he was going to wash that shirt because the games not til' tomorrow. He said he was going to sleep in it tonight. We ribbed each other all the way to the stadium. It was all good natured but I was thinking, "Man, it's too early to be seeing that purple crap everywhere. I'm going to get my fill of it tomorrow." :P

Just got back from a high school game in Dothan. When we parked, a car pulls up next to us with LSU flags flying and the guy driving steps out clad in a purple LSU shirt. I told him I hoped he was going to wash that shirt because the games not til' tomorrow. He said he was going to sleep in it tonight. We ribbed each other all the way to the stadium. It was all good natured but I was thinking, "Man, it's too early to be seeing that purple crap everywhere. I'm going to get my fill of it tomorrow." :P

i rode through the parking lot and actually was at that game for about 15 minutes during the 3rd and 4th quarter, then left a few minutes before the game ended, never saw that car though. I did see about 4 SUV's with LSU flags though <_<

Dear hubby is in the local Auburn-Opelika Marine Corps League Detachment. They have their monthly meeting at Chappy's Deli in Auburn. As he was leaving, dear hubby walked by an LSU fan decked out in his purple shirt. As he walked by, he told the LSU fan "welcome to Auburn". The fan looked at dear hubby as if he had horns and a third eye. Perhaps they don't understand common courtesy where he came from. <_<

Dear hubby is in the local Auburn-Opelika Marine Corps League Detachment. They have their monthly meeting at Chappy's Deli in Auburn. As he was leaving, dear hubby walked by an LSU fan decked out in his purple shirt. As he walked by, he told the LSU fan "welcome to Auburn". The fan looked at dear hubby as if he had horns and a third eye. Perhaps they don't understand common courtesy where he came from. <_<

No, we're just not used to receiving it at AU. The poor guy was just confused.

I hate to hear that. I hope we do better than that. :)

I hate to hear that. I hope we do better than that. :)

I'm just messing with you a little. There is always a lot of emotion with this game. Be it in Alabama, or Louisiana, the gloves defiantly come off.

Archived