ESPN and the other talking heads

autiger518

"Auburn at number 4, I'm dropping them down because they just did not show enough offense."

"I have USC at 2 and OSU at 1. Really they are interchangeable at this point..."

- Craig "I did not watch the game" James

I think AU has a tougher schedule than USC and maybe this will help you guys. (Of course, I'm hoping AU will come to the Iron Bowl undefeated). ;) So I want you guys to be ranked highly.

Apparently the media buzz talk this year is not "SEC needs to play tougher OOC games" .....but it has changed to "not enough offense for me." So when powerhouse SEC teams face off in legendary clashes with fantastic defenses, scoring 10 points total, then both teams should drop in the polls for not scoring enough points.

Well, I AM one who calls for boycotts...and I already told you that I'm not watching those idiots any more...and I'm not. What morons. My 17 year old girl knows more about SEC football than those boneheads!

WAR EAGLE! BOYCOTT!!!

I'm serious...don't watch that crap...and write letters to their sponsors telling them WHY you're not buying their products. I'm going to!

:au::homer:

Well Kirk Herbstreit just said that Michigan should be ranked #2. Yep that's right, jumping us. From #11 to #2...jeez. :puke:

Just keep winning CTT. :thumbsup:

And all this time I have been thinking Corso was the dumbass on that program!

I heard it as well. This AUBURN team will end up making them eat their words. Let them keep on showing AU little respect, this AU team will feed off it.

ABC guy just ranked Auburn #4 in his poll and said "Just not enough offense for me." They want lots of points but don't realize DEFENSE wins championships. Just look at our fellas from Bama in '92 plus a countless list of others.

I thought you just needed enough "O" to win. These guys have no credibility. That's why they are out in LA when the only top 10 matchup was on the plains.

Well against my better judgement I decided to watch Gameday Final (well I TiVo'd it and watched it this morning). On to Auburn's review not bad so far they of course talk about the tip play, but as Reese said LSU had a lot of chances they dont dwell on it so far so good. May props to Kenny..Holtz gives props to our D.......................THEN Reese asks Lou so is Auburn #2...

And I quote "No Auburn is not #2 they are a good football team, but not #2, I would put those guys from Southern Cal at #2...for what they did to Arkansas".............OK WTF!?! Arkansas....umm that game was 3 weeks ago...Arkansas the same powerhouse that beat Vandy by 2 ...ARKANSAS??????

So I guess if we kill Arkansas we should be #1

Well against my better judgement I decided to watch Gameday Final (well I TiVo'd it and watched it this morning). On to Auburn's review not bad so far they of course talk about the tip play, but as Reese said LSU had a lot of chances they dont dwell on it so far so good. May props to Kenny..Holtz gives props to our D.......................THEN Reese asks Lou so is Auburn #2...

And I quote "No Auburn is not #2 they are a good football team, but not #2, I would put those guys from Southern Cal at #2...for what they did to Arkansas".............OK WTF!?! Arkansas....umm that game was 3 weeks ago...Arkansas the same powerhouse that beat Vandy by 2 ...ARKANSAS??????

So I guess if we kill Arkansas we should be #1

I think that a lot of people will look at that Oct 7 matchup with :arky: . If we run the score up a la SC, well we must be as good as SC. If not, well watch as others try to say that AU is not that good. I can see it coming... :no:

here's all i have to say about this stuff:

1) i moved out of the country this year, but i have a slingbox... a magical device that lets you watch a tv in america over the internet. so i've seen, not only all of our games, but all the other biggies (usc/ark, osu/ut, uf/ut, etc.) what i haven't seen is one second of college gameday, and you know what? i don't miss it one d@mn bit. not even a little. the show is nothing but pimping of teams in large media markets and playing favorites. honestly, after a full season of not watching them, i think the gameday boys might be dead to me.

2) voters are always inconsistent. they have no clue what they're looking for from week to week, and most of the talking heads don't know a thing about winning football. herbstreit: what'd you do at the all-powerful osu? oh that's right, you played one year, won 8 games, got destroyed in a bowl... then you left and the team won the big 10. not a coincidence. how bout corso? how'd you do at indiana? 41-68-2; two winning seasons in 10 years... yeah, i need football advice from you. lou: if the sec is such an easy place to win, you must've dominated right? 33-37 overall with a conference mark of 19-29? wow, i'm tuning you out now. all i'm saying is the people employed by the worldwide leader are idiots; don't expect anything more or less from the voters that watch the shows.

3) doesn't this big win/bigger post-game hype of michigan feel strangely similar to that "BAMA'S BACK" si cover last year? i mean, are they going to just reuse the headline and change the name? i mean they're the same right down to the lightweight schedule that delays playing another meaningful opponent until the end of the year. dollar to a dime, this team ends up 10-2 and we all look back and laugh after osu embarrasses them, and we wonder what we ever saw in michigan. (by the way, michigan vs. wisconsin next week... i'm taking the badgers and you should too.)

4) kirk is the dumbest mfer in college football. he makes me sick. i'm not a big media conspiracy theorist (sportsline, cfn.com, and a number of media outlets gush over us on a regular basis), but i think we hurt his feelings. it was little stuff. like the time i bumped into him before the sec championship game on the street. i obviously recognized him. he smiled (probably thinking i wanted his autograph), and i gave him a calm "F*** you kirk. you don't know anything about football." and walked off. i think stuff like that from auburn fans over the course of the 2004 season really has turned him to the point where he actually dislikes us. i don't think he'll ever say we deserve to play for the title unless we're the only undefeated team in the nation... and i mean the only one.

5) i agree with whoever said that we're too good to have the same crap happen again. all we have to/need to do is handle our business. focus on buffalo/south carolina, use the media bs to fire us up, and win games. this stuff will take care of itself.

mabye it's just me...but with the landscape of cfb, station affiliations and big market vs. small market

are we getting closer and closer to the abc ohio state buckeyes vs. the nbc fighting irish vs. the espn usc trojans vs. the cbs auburn tigers?

mabye it's just me...but with the landscape of cfb, station affiliations and big market vs. small market

are we getting closer and closer to the abc ohio state buckeyes vs. the nbc fighting irish vs. the espn usc trojans vs. the cbs auburn tigers?

ABC/ESPN--> PAC10 and Big10 coverage

CBS-->SEC coverage

ND will always have their supporters, who will always project them into a higher position than is warranted... :no:

Any questions as to why the Gameday crew and Brent Musburger pimp the PA10 and Big10??? Musburger said as much during the USC-Arky game when he chided Kirk for not promoting ABC's USC-Huskers game. Really quite transparent.

Archived