ESPN and the other talking heads

autiger518

You know I usually dont rant but I really am sick of hearing no respect for our team...I know we just won a huge game but immediatly the post game show comes on and talks about the controversial tip call...I'm sorry no disrespect to LSU but that call did not lose you the game....our defense did!! All I heard during the game and after it was how great LSU defense was and how they hadnt allowed a TD (again LSU you have an awesome defense) but you know what we have an awesome defense as well and guess what we held them to no TD's during this game.

Then during ESPN's Scoreboard show they talk about ND's loss they talk about Miami's Loss and then Curt Fowler states that in a losing effort LSU's defense was just downright nasty holding us to 190 yards.

It is just amazing to me...I am never gonna be one to call for boycotting of stuff cause I think its bunk, but I myself am seriously considering not watching ESPN Gameday, Scoreboard show and Final ever again.

Sorry for the rant...Im just really wound up after our huge win...you may resume your lurking!

WDE!!!! :au:

Yeah...where's the respect for our DEFENSE?? Our defense played one heck of a game today..... Holding LSU to three points is incredible....

Most of LSUs yards came on their last 2 drives where we played that stupid pass coverage. I am never confident when a team is doing the 2 minute offense on us, and I am never confident when we try to go down the field with our 2 minute offense. In 2004 I was though.

I heard the same CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! That was such BS!!!! Even after Fowler had picked us to win he still didn't give us any credit.

Well, ESPN and the other talking heads desperately want USC and Notre Dame to win everything. They are the media darlings and AU 's win makes things awkward for the voters. They wouldnt give you guys credit 2 years ago but its going to be hard to ignore ya this year. AU should move to #2 and that just sticks in their craw.

Any bets as to what Notre Dame will fall to? Anyone wanna bet on USC moving up higher than AU soon? Voters love the Pac 10 and want to see USC play for the title. Look at what they did with USC last week in the polls.

Anyway, Congrats on a great game today!

:)

Tusk, I was getting ready to say the same thing. I quote Yahoo Sports: "The win, coupled with No. 2 Notre Dame's 47-21 loss to Michigan, could push Auburn up to No. 2 in the rankings." Emphasis on could. Meaning it ain't set in stone. I hear "Fight On" playing in the distance.

Well, ESPN and the other talking heads desperately want USC and Notre Dame to win everything. They are the media darlings and AU 's win makes things awkward for the voters. They wouldnt give you guys credit 2 years ago but its going to be hard to ignore ya this year. AU should move to #2 and that just sticks in their craw.

Any bets as to what Notre Dame will fall to? Anyone wanna bet on USC moving up higher than AU soon? Voters love the Pac 10 and want to see USC play for the title. Look at what they did with USC last week in the polls.

Anyway, Congrats on a great game today!

:)

With that kind of whupping, ND should drop out of the top 15. But I won't hold my breath.

That's right. The AU defense just held the LSU offense to 3 points. This is the same LSU O that was averaging 45 pts/game. WDE. :au:

I think it had to do more with the national media picking Auburn to win this game and then having to explain why it was so close. I dont know why they would be shocked you guys had trouble moving the football on us, we have as good a defense as there is in the country. your defense was just better than our offense today.

That's right. The AU defense just held the LSU offense to 3 points. This is the same LSU O that was averaging 45 pts/game. WDE. :au:

I think it had to do more with the national media picking Auburn to win this game and then having to explain why it was so close. I dont know why they would be shocked you guys had trouble moving the football on us, we have as good a defense as there is in the country. your defense was just better than our offense today.

It was close, but AU did cover the spread, so it was expected to be close.

It has been about even.. half for LSU and half for Auburn. Someone mentioned earlier that they didn't want to try and explain why the game was so close??!? No one expected a blowout here... a lot of people really thought LSU would win.

Well Kirk Herbstreit just said that Michigan should be ranked #2. Yep that's right, jumping us. From #11 to #2...jeez. :puke:

Just keep winning CTT. :thumbsup:

figures that someone would say that..... doesn't surprise me at all...

Well Kirk Herbstreit just said that Michigan should be ranked #2. Yep that's right, jumping us. From #11 to #2...jeez. :puke:

I'd like to see AU play Michigan and see what Herb sez then. Thats the problem with the CFA system. A play-off would solve all this. They say they wont give us a play off because they dont want to schedule extra games for the players' sake, but what do they do? They create a conference championship game AND add a 12th game to everyone's schedule.

They wont admit the truth, that a playoff might interfere with their Bowl money making system. Its hypocritical.

:ut::shoot:

;)

What the heck? Herbstreit said Michigan should be #3? Whatever happened to "If you don't lose then you shouldn't drop? These ESPN guys are killing me!!!!!! Also, USC jumping Auburn a couple of weeks ago. What happened to what they said? Isn't funny how they change their minds when they want their darlings to win? Michigan to #3 - you gotta be kidding me!!!!!

I think the fix is already in.

Herbstreit is a moron. #11 to #3 just seals your moron credentials.

College Gameday final just started and they talkabout defensive struggles in the SEC.....and talk about Florida - Tennessee? WTF!?!?!?!? One game has ten total points scored and you going to talk about a defensive struggle with 41 points scored? Idiots.

Yep, heard that too. I was about to start a thread on it. He just showed himself as a moron by jumping Michigan over us. This is the same Michigan team that did not exactly crush Vandy. The beat a highly overrated ND team and all of a sudden they are a top 5 team? :rolleyes:

Michigan's defense can't hold a candle to LSU's or our defense. Our offense would score on them no problem and our defense would hold them to under 10. Now the other morons on ESPN are saying "Michigans Back!". DKW and I were talking about Michigan today and we both think that they will be beat before he season is over. Carr has a tendency to lose games he should not. Michigan State seems to have there number when they are highly ranked. Plus, they have to play Ohio State.

Again, if ESPN tries to deny bias against AU then they just need to look at their idiot analysts remarks there. In 2004 the envoked the unwritten rule that you can't leap over a top 5 team when they win, but all of a sudden that little rule is thrown out of the window when AU is concerned. Heck, Herbstupid is jumping Michigan over Georgia, Florida, West Virginia, and then us. What a tool.

I would post a reply, but I'm too busy :puke:

LSU would beat the hell out of any top 5 team. But yet, we should stay at #3 or fall to #4.

I think the rest of the coaches will see through the $hit cloud and vote accordingly.

I don't understand why they STILL don't give our team any respect. This is incredible. They are now humming on Michigans balls. I'm sick of this. We won and yet they are saying that we should drop. And we won against a team that they had ranked #6. I am so mad at ESPN right now. They are already beginning to screw us over once again. They can promote a team how they want to and they don't want us to be ranked higher so we probably won't be. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

ESPN Final

I missed the first airhead but the second said he would put the top 5

5. Florida

4. Auburn

3. West V

2. USC

1. OSU

He said he didn't see enough O from AU.

Umm LSUs defense is one of the best in the nation.

ABC guy just ranked Auburn #4 in his poll and said "Just not enough offense for me." They want lots of points but don't realize DEFENSE wins championships. Just look at our fellas from Bama in '92 plus a countless list of others.

Archived