LSU fan throws drink at eagle?

vatz22au

At least it seems its a very small %... this fan seems to have some class (referring to the poster):

link

As if the section on the other side of the tunnel was trying to top our section, some king sized IDIOT throws a drink at Auburn's Eagle as the trainer is walking by. The Eagle tries to fly off the trainers arm to get away and has to be quickly settled down. The fan tried to hide from the authorities and thankfully fellow LSU Fans pointed him out. I could have sworn I saw an LSU Fan grab the kid by the collar and help the authorities remove him from the game. If I had been next to the kid I would have really had to keep from whipping his butt. I appreciate that fellow LSU fans did the right thing and helped remove this guy from the stands.

Hey now, this is pure hear-say. You can't be going over to our site and posting it over here. That just isn't fair. :no:

Seriously, if it happened, and I saw it, the AU fans wouldn't have a chance to kill him because I would beat you guys to it.

Some PEOPLE just have no class - regardless of what school they cheer for. I'm glad the LSU fans did the right thing and pointed the guy out to the authorities.

Some PEOPLE just have no class - regardless of what school they cheer for.

True. There were about 20 drunk Auburn fans down by the BEMC as I was walking back to my car that were taunting LSU fans directly behind me saying things like "get your ass back to the bayou," "you suck -expletive-," etc, etc, etc. Far more drunks than I wanted to take on by myself so I just slowed down and shook the hands of the LSU fans, whose faces were already pretty long, and told 'em not to pay them any mind. I didn't want them to leave thinking all Auburn fans are jerks.

On the other hand, had they been bama fans.......then more power to the drunk Auburn fans. :big:

this drink throwing incident did indeed happen as I was sitting in the endzone where it happened and watched the LSU fan turn and grab the guy and hand him over to the deputies that were very willing to cuff that bas**** and take him from the game. Kudos to that fan and to alll of the LSU fans I encountered.. Very nice people from what I saw and one hell of a game!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

Just wanted to add my kudos to the the LSU fans that did the right thing. I'm sure there are many Auburn fans who would have done the same had we caught one of our own harassing their tiger.

Besides demonstrating the ultimate in low class & character, the drink thrower endangered the safety of both the eagle, the trainer, and other bystanders. The eagle is not a pet. It is still a wild animal capable of inflicting real harm if alarmed or frightened. Our trainers know that, and are to be commended for undertaking such a difficult and potentially dangerous job day in and day out. Ditto for the caretakers of their tiger.

Some PEOPLE just have no class - regardless of what school they cheer for.

True. There were about 20 drunk Auburn fans down by the BEMC as I was walking back to my car that were taunting LSU fans directly behind me saying things like "get your ass back to the bayou," "you suck -expletive-," etc, etc, etc. Far more drunks than I wanted to take on by myself so I just slowed down and shook the hands of the LSU fans, whose faces were already pretty long, and told 'em not to pay them any mind. I didn't want them to leave thinking all Auburn fans are jerks.

On the other hand, had they been bama fans.......then more power to the drunk Auburn fans. :big:

Thanks for taking the time to demonstrate some class! As an Auburn fan, I am grateful!

I'd also like to say that the young LSU fan that threw a drink at our eagle, better be glad the eagle didn't get a hold of him. I wouldn't want those talons sunk into my flesh!

absolutly did happen, I was in sec. 33 right above the incident. He was nabbed in a matter of seconds. Also one other drunken LSU drunken fool removed for cussing and acting a complete idiot in front of a bunch of very young Auburn and LSU kids. A female deputy snatched him after someone complained.She stood in the isle 10 feet from him, and when he showed his butt.....see ya fooooool!!! I waved good bye and told him to have a wonderful time at the lovliest village on the plains. I kne :moon: w he would have plenty of time to tour it all!

Jackass.

How can you throw something as majestic as that bird? (Spirit flew about 5 feet above me in section 16 TWICE on her opening circles. I was stunned by the whole situation, one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced)

I made it a point to tell the LSU fans near us in the stands that they have an incredible team. They are amazingly good. I found a few other LSU fans on the way out of the stadium to shake hands and say great game.

Thanks to the LSU fans who did the right thing!

the LSY fans up where i was sitting were very classy and nice........im glad i wasnt sitting near the "drink-throwers" or i would have gotten kicked out for beating him to a pulp (figuritively).

does anyone know if the drink thrower was a kid, or what?

You know this is going to be a long term intense rivalry. I think it is time for both schools to declare an end to the unruly behavior that has come to characterize the game. I see no reason not to treat it with some honor.

I sat in sec 32 row 9, just above about 5 or 6 rows of LSU students. Those guys were completely classless. Cussing, throwing crap and yelling at Auburn fans. They were flicking off the Auburn players, trainers, Aubie, and the eagle when they went by. I was very upset and angry. I have never seen such classlessness ( if thats even a word ) in my life, not even from Bama or Tennessee fans. One the game started, they stopped for the most part.

The Lsu fans that sat next to us and behind us were pretty cool though. We joked with them the whole game. We had alot of fun and when the game ended, we shook hands and patted each other on the back, "good game." Those guys made it just about the most enjoyable game for me. There were some drunk obnoxious Auburn fans that I saw, but only a few.

I never saw the guy throw a drink at the eagle, but if I had, I would have rushed him. This rivalry gets worse every year.

7-3

LSwho!

War Damn Eagle!

Ryan

This is slightly OT, but mentioning LSU's tiger reminded me- Do they still keep him (Mike, right?) on the sideline anymore? I was in BR for last years game and was looking forward to seeing it, but I never spotted the cage (or tiger)

Just curious...

:au:

Guest BoStillKnows
I sat in sec 32 row 9, just above about 5 or 6 rows of LSU students. Those guys were completely classless. Cussing, throwing crap and yelling at Auburn fans. They were flicking off the Auburn players, trainers, Aubie, and the eagle when they went by. I was very upset and angry. I have never seen such classlessness ( if thats even a word ) in my life, not even from Bama or Tennessee fans. One the game started, they stopped for the most part.

Too bad you can't have LSU without the students. My 16 year old son and I made our first trip to Baton Rouge in 2001 and the students treated us the same way. There was even a middle aged man in the suite next to us that was yelling at my son because Damon Duval punted a ball into their band. When I confronted him, one of his buddies said "It's all in fun". I shook my head in amazement. I could tell you a bunch of stories but when a 16 year-old kid is not comfortable going to a restroom, on the suite level, by himself, I think you get the picture.

Archived