Auburn will get its credit

PChamp119

I've heard a few people complain about the lack of commentary on Auburn this weekend and it is probably well noted. We need to remember, Auburn still needs to win their ball games to gain some respect and that will come in four weeks.

If Auburn and Florida continue winning: October 14th - Auburn vs Florida is by far the best game of the day. Now Gameday will be in Happy Valley for the Michigan - Penn State game, but Auburn-UF will be the headline game of the day. It will be the only matchup of top 10 teams (assuming UF doesn't fall much if they lose to LSU, which they probably will). But if UF can pull that game out over LSU, that game will get so much hype, that no other game could possibly over shadow it. The only other games that weekend are USC-ASU and VT-BC.

I hope you're right. 2004 is too fresh in my memory when Kirk Herbstreit announced before the AU-UGA game that if AU won out it's regular season games, AU should play in the national championship game. Then when we won out, he and his cronies found a dozen excuses why AU didn't deserve to be in the top 2. If USC jumps ahead of us when the BCS poll comes out, we're in DEEP doo-doo because LA is media central and Auburn, Al ain't (read: we need the media's love whenever we can get it). We've been jobbed (and I mean recently) by not getting respect when we deserve it by influential media and I for one am concerned about this lack of attention. It's not like the season is filled w/ wins like we just layed on LSU.

I bet that IF and that is a big IF, we go undefeated and OSU and USC are undefeated also, it will happen again. I know the season is young and there are tough games to be played but all these teams, but I can see it happening again. With the huge media(espn) bias for USC, I can't see us beating them out in a popularity contest. Also, a lot of the computers in the BCS poll seem to hate the SEC for some reason.

I bet that IF and that is a big IF, we go undefeated and OSU and USC are undefeated also, it will happen again. I know the season is young and there are tough games to be played but all these teams, but I can see it happening again. With the huge media(espn) bias for USC, I can't see us beating them out in a popularity contest. Also, a lot of the computers in the BCS poll seem to hate the SEC for some reason.

yup. :(

Archived