Call me Nostradamus

Spitcup

Posted earlier this week by me.....

While I wish I could say that I'm confident South Carolina was going to win Thurs.... well... no can do. I truly respect the level of play that your AU Tigers put out each week and hope that is a level that my Gamecocks can acheive sooner than later.

That being said... I DO believe this will not be the catastrophe that the game was last year... for these few reasons....

1. David Irons can NOT (as well as any other cb in the country) guard Sidney Rice man on man. This is not a knock on DI... it is simply a fact. Nobody can guard Rice man up. I see a lot of posters on here as well as on Cockytalk keep reminding themselves that Rice only had 3 catches last year and 1 touchdown. The fact is... he had a frigging FULLBACK throwing the ball to him. To counter my own point is to state that your excellent coaches at AU also realize this and he will be double teamed all night long. It's kinda like walking Barry Bonds.... why should a team let one man beat them?

2. Our defense is a lot faster this year. Jasper Brinkley at mlb will have his eyes in the backfield all night long. Now... if he can get the rest of his body back there against your solid OL remains to be seen. I'll take the optimistic choice and say yes. Our pass defense is solid and I really expect for AU to just pound and pound. I fully expect AU to gather up a good deal of rushing yds, but I just don't think they'll come in LONG runs. Hence... I believe your scoring drives will take up a lot of time. Therefore... I see you scoring in the 20s ... not the 40s.

3. Steve Spurrier.... He ain't no idiot (like me). He KNOWS that our OL is the weakest link we have and that your DL will spend a lot of time in our backfield. Again.... HE KNOWS THIS. He doesn't believe that we've all of a sudden got this awesome line that's going to open huge holes for our rbs and qbs. And just as he knows this.... he will game plan for it. His first step was putting Syvelle back at QB. His next step was... well I guess we'll see Thurs.

AU Nation, I expect a great game Thurs night, with a lot of surprises... what do we have to lose?

All my eternal optimism aside I do think AU will leave with a W and we'll leave the game a better team for having played y'all. Good luck and here's to wishing for an injury free game.

AU 27

USC 14

I guess that was a pretty close assessment on how I tought it would go. Turned out a little closer than even I thought. It was just a great college football game. I do find it kinda crazy how fans(?) here are rippin' Muschamp and callin' for his head. You beat a :usc: team on the road on nat. TV that beat Tenn. and Fla. last year. Mama always said "If it ain't broke... don't fix it." Well.... 5-0, it ain't broke. If it's really that bad to allow us a mere 17 points... I guess we could just swap records then. We'll take it.

Anyway, good luck AUNation and A LOT of us Gamecocks hope you run the table and win it all (me included). Thanks for allowing us a few moments of your time on a well run board. Keep in touch on Cockytalk and how bout drillin them Gators and Dawgs for us?

Posted earlier this week by me.....

While I wish I could say that I'm confident South Carolina was going to win Thurs.... well... no can do. I truly respect the level of play that your AU Tigers put out each week and hope that is a level that my Gamecocks can acheive sooner than later.

That being said... I DO believe this will not be the catastrophe that the game was last year... for these few reasons....

1. David Irons can NOT (as well as any other cb in the country) guard Sidney Rice man on man. This is not a knock on DI... it is simply a fact. Nobody can guard Rice man up. I see a lot of posters on here as well as on Cockytalk keep reminding themselves that Rice only had 3 catches last year and 1 touchdown. The fact is... he had a frigging FULLBACK throwing the ball to him. To counter my own point is to state that your excellent coaches at AU also realize this and he will be double teamed all night long. It's kinda like walking Barry Bonds.... why should a team let one man beat them?

2. Our defense is a lot faster this year. Jasper Brinkley at mlb will have his eyes in the backfield all night long. Now... if he can get the rest of his body back there against your solid OL remains to be seen. I'll take the optimistic choice and say yes. Our pass defense is solid and I really expect for AU to just pound and pound. I fully expect AU to gather up a good deal of rushing yds, but I just don't think they'll come in LONG runs. Hence... I believe your scoring drives will take up a lot of time. Therefore... I see you scoring in the 20s ... not the 40s.

3. Steve Spurrier.... He ain't no idiot (like me). He KNOWS that our OL is the weakest link we have and that your DL will spend a lot of time in our backfield. Again.... HE KNOWS THIS. He doesn't believe that we've all of a sudden got this awesome line that's going to open huge holes for our rbs and qbs. And just as he knows this.... he will game plan for it. His first step was putting Syvelle back at QB. His next step was... well I guess we'll see Thurs.

AU Nation, I expect a great game Thurs night, with a lot of surprises... what do we have to lose?

All my eternal optimism aside I do think AU will leave with a W and we'll leave the game a better team for having played y'all. Good luck and here's to wishing for an injury free game.

AU 27

USC 14

I guess that was a pretty close assessment on how I tought it would go. Turned out a little closer than even I thought. It was just a great college football game. I do find it kinda crazy how fans(?) here are rippin' Muschamp and callin' for his head. You beat a :usc: team on the road on nat. TV that beat Tenn. and Fla. last year. Mama always said "If it ain't broke... don't fix it." Well.... 5-0, it ain't broke. If it's really that bad to allow us a mere 17 points... I guess we could just swap records then. We'll take it.

Anyway, good luck AUNation and A LOT of us Gamecocks hope you run the table and win it all (me included). Thanks for allowing us a few moments of your time on a well run board. Keep in touch on Cockytalk and how bout drillin them Gators and Dawgs for us?

Thanks. Your team looked very good. Nostradamus would have seen Rice being less of a factor, though. If you had said McKinley, or whatever his name is, then I would have called you Nosty.

Archived