USC vs Washington State

Ryan Sanders

Win or lose USC isn't the number 2 or 3 team in the country....

Refresh my memory, but didn't we hammer this WSU team a few short weeks ago???

Wazzu got hosed on that holding call. Obvious the USC guy had a grip on his jersey AND his arm around him and they wave it off. USC goes on to put the winning pts on the board. Bull**** call. But the Cougs hung in and had a shot at the end.

Hopefully Cal will get them... the best chance left for USC to lose. That was close.

But you know for USC it means it shows their character in a tight game and means they are the best school ever ont he face of the earth.

USC will lose a game to somebody this year. Ohio St is the one team that is truly impressive right now.

I am sorry but nobody has been truly impressive to me that is in the top ten except LSU.

I watched this whole game. USC got some nice breaks like winning teams do (holding call, and getting back on that fumble).

I saw no justification for someone that would vote legit to jump them over or change their vote away from Auburn.

WSU played a heck of a game and looked really good, man how much does it hurt to have to call a TO cause your linemen's shoe comes off... that hurt big time. They just didn't have the LB's to stick with Smith.

Iowa does not have the D-line to hang with Ohio St. much less any sec team. so don't give Ohio St. too much credit.

Hey.......where's DKW on this one? Now comes The Real Question does usUcK jump AU in the AP, since nearly every Media Writer and espn analyst think that they should after AU Almost got beat by the Real USC. Also, usc was a 17 Point Favorite over WSU to AU's 14 over USC. Another thing AU 40 WSU 14. This will be pretty interesting. War "BY GOD" Eagle

I didn't hear anything about USC being #2. All I heard was how Michigan was #2. If that's not blatent media bias, I don't know what is.

Gee, guess how exciting a 1-2 in the same conference would be when they play next week?

Gee, guess what station covers the Big10?

Gee, guess who owns ESPN?

Sorry if it was mentioned earlier, but I'm lazy.

How in the heck is a holding call reviewable by a team of referees on the field and reversible?

Michigan was struggling toward the end but then pulled away.

Holtz and May should be intersting tonight, they have both pushed USC and should be a nice demonstration of how you can't control the polls, as I'm sure they will spin the Auburn game one way and the USC game another. I'm gonna watch it for pure entertainment and to pump my ego lol.

Gee.. if Auburn doesn't win, it doesn't matter.

Gee, that wasn't my point. The point was the glaring hypocracy from ESPN. When we or other non-favorites (WVU) demonstrate we have better teams than those ranked ahead of us, the rule of "you don't move down unless you lose" is applied. However, when the opportunity for ABC to showcase a #1 vs #2 matchup, both being in the same conference, both being classic teams, presents itself, Michigan goes from #11 to #2 in two weeks.

Yes, Auburn has got to take care of itself. No, I don't think we should be clobbering teams and outscoring opponents 55-6 in the 4th quarter, as Corso so proudly announced OSU did (proves you run up the score). If we beat a USC team that obviously played lights out by 7, great - I'll take it. Mend the wounds, address the issues, and move on to the next team with focus.

I know your point.. But last week, all I heard out of the media was about how Auburn was saying that they were going to prove a point to the pollsters.. and all this stuff. Obviously, at times, it looked like we thought too much about that during the game. Tuberville knows now that it won't matter unless we win anyway.

I am annoyed at ESPN just as much as anyone.. =(

I know your point.. But last week, all I heard out of the media was about how Auburn was saying that they were going to prove a point to the pollsters.. and all this stuff. Obviously, at times, it looked like we thought too much about that during the game. Tuberville knows now that it won't matter unless we win anyway.

I am annoyed at ESPN just as much as anyone.. =(

The media said that. I bet $10 Tuberville didn't. I still think (hope) he's holding all his cards close to his chest. Why reveal all your weapons when the simplest ones will provide a victory?

Side note - I heard a good point yesterday on the radio. The guy asked the other guy if he could remember any coach that had beaten Spurrier back to back, or any coach that had blown out Spurrier two years in a row, while he was at UF. They couldn't come up with anyone. Spurrier is a dang good coach. Someday the media will get past the USC stigma and re-recognize that.

Michigan was struggling toward the end but then pulled away.

Holtz and May should be intersting tonight, they have both pushed USC and should be a nice demonstration of how you can't control the polls, as I'm sure they will spin the Auburn game one way and the USC game another. I'm gonna watch it for pure entertainment and to pump my ego lol.

Count on it.

Kinda like last weekend when Georgia coming up from a two touchdown defecit in the 4th quarter to squeak out a win against an unranked opponent proved that the SEC was a weak conference. While on the same weekend, Notredame coming up from a two touchdown defecit in the 4th quarter to squeak out a win against an unranked opponent proved that Notre Dame is a dominant force to be reckoned with, Brady Quin deserves to be a Heisman trophy winner yet again despite his embarrassment the week before, and the game was the Comeback Game of the Century instant classic.

Archived