CBS taking on ESPN - sort of

Ronin

Don't forget South Carolina-Auburn: Thursday's game was the best of the season. Two masterful coaches were at the top of their games.

Tommy Tuberville showed why he is the original riverboat gambler. Steve Spurrier's team didn't run a play in the third quarter and was still throwing into the end zone with 19 seconds left to tie or win -- using a converted receiver (Syvelle Newton) at quarterback.

Auburn should not pay the price in the polls for such a "narrow" victory. It should gain. Let's see a Michigan or USC come to Columbia, S.C., on a Thursday night and play that defense.

Alas, the No. 3 Tigers now trail No. 2 USC in the coaches' poll by 57 points. It was 48 points last week. However, they have crept to within 11 points of the Trojans in the Harris Poll (2,637-2,626).

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9698310/rss

Don't forget South Carolina-Auburn: Thursday's game was the best of the season. Two masterful coaches were at the top of their games.

Tommy Tuberville showed why he is the original riverboat gambler. Steve Spurrier's team didn't run a play in the third quarter and was still throwing into the end zone with 19 seconds left to tie or win -- using a converted receiver (Syvelle Newton) at quarterback.

Auburn should not pay the price in the polls for such a "narrow" victory. It should gain. Let's see a Michigan or USC come to Columbia, S.C., on a Thursday night and play that defense.

Alas, the No. 3 Tigers now trail No. 2 USC in the coaches' poll by 57 points. It was 48 points last week. However, they have crept to within 11 points of the Trojans in the Harris Poll (2,637-2,626).

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9698310/rss

Its nice to hear someone speak highly of :au:

CBS is going to push AU more than ESPN is, and here's why. Who does ABC (ESPN's owners) have contracts with? PAC 10, Big 12, Big 10, etc. They are going to push those teams because if they do better then they get more $. Who does CBS have contracts with? The SEC. Therefore they will push us more because it helps their cause. It's all about the $$$.

Just an observation, but I would start listening, reading, watching anything Tony Barnhart says. Saw the guys on Football Talk and they were pushing AU bigtime.

Just an observation, but I would start listening, reading, watching anything Tony Barnhart says. Saw the guys on Football Talk and they were pushing AU bigtime.

I have always trusted something that Barnhart might say, good or bad, regarding Auburn or any of the SEC schools. He will tell you like it is. I like that in a reporter, and in people in general. He might be a homer for the SEC but he will report on other teams across the nation at times and tell the truth. He was at ESPN/ABC/Disney at one time if I am not mistaken.

I love how USC barely escapes with a win (last seconds of the game) against a team we blew out and we drop some points.

Saw that too...pretty good show...I've been watching it regularly this year. My only objection this week was that Mark said AU's O wasn't good against USC...but we scored 4 of the 6 times we had the ball...so he missed that somehow. B)

:au::homer:

I love how USC barely escapes with a win (last seconds of the game) against a team we blew out and we drop some points.

Yeah, not many people wanted to compare scores did they?

Saw that too...pretty good show...I've been watching it regularly this year. My only objection this week was that Mark said AU's O wasn't good against USC...but we scored 4 of the 6 times we had the ball...so he missed that somehow. B)

I was at the game and didn't realize that we had done that and neither did the guys I was with. It just wasn't a very attention grabbing game and the scoring efficiency was not that obvious. Taking so long to score, the whole 3rd period, then only having the ball for 4 offensive plays the entire 4th period, it's kind of hard to remember how effecient (not necessarily effective) we were. 17 plays and almost 10 minutes produced only 3 points.

Yeah, not many people wanted to compare scores did they?

Those people might wish to compare scores after we play Arkansas this week ... depending on those results.

Welcome to poll bias. Embrace it, love it, live with it.

Archived