Wilhite

jtweeks

I say let him sit/limited action this week. We HAVE TO HAVE him for UF.

I would tend to agree. Dress him out and have him there for emergency duty only if needed (sort of like how Mike Shula does when he suspends a player).

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg....xml&coll=3

Wilhite says he will play

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

AUBURN -- Starting cornerback Jonathan Wilhite emphatically promised that he would play in Saturday's game against Arkansas after missing two consecutive games.

But he also admitted he was still not 100 percent recovered from a pesky hamstring injury that has limited his mobility.

Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville said last week that Wilhite would play in Thursday's South Carolina game, but lingering pain on Tuesday nixed the plan.

"I could run 80 percent last week, but breaking on the ball hurt," he said. "I went out last week and played against the scout receivers, but then I went against (No. 1 receiver) Courtney Taylor and it didn't feel the same. I couldn't run with him."

Auburn's secondary has struggled at times in Wilhite's absence. Pat Lee and Jerraud Powers have filled in with varying degrees of success. It was Lee who knocked down a potential game-tying touchdown pass to Sidney Rice on Thursday.

"Pat played good in that game," Wilhite said. "Coach (Will) Muschamp complimented him in the (defensive backs) meeting on making some good plays."

Archived