Gators' Wynn Is Questionable For LSU

DKW 86

http://www.tbo.com/sports/gators/MGBJUHM7SSE.html

Gators' Wynn Is Questionable For LSU Matchup

Skip directly to the full story.

By ANDY STAPLES The Tampa Tribune

Published: Oct 2, 2006

GAINESVILLE - As if Urban Meyer didn't have enough to worry about with No. 9 LSU visiting this week, the University of Florida coach may have to find a new starting tailback this week.

Senior DeShawn Wynn underwent an MRI Sunday on his injured right knee, and while doctors gave Meyer a preliminary indication that nothing was torn, Meyer said fifth-ranked Florida's leading rusher would be questionable for Saturday's game against the Tigers. To make matters worse for the Gators, receiver Percy Harvin still hasn't fully recovered from the sprained left ankle he suffered against Tennessee on Sept. 16.

So, as the Gators enter the most crucial stretch of their season - they play LSU, No. 2 Auburn and No. 10 Georgia during the next four weeks - someone will have to assume Wynn's role if he can't play.

"[sophomore] Kestahn [Moore] has played very well around here," Meyer said. "Markus [Manson] has made a little push, but the problem is evaluation of tailbacks usually happens in spring. We have to prepare for some excellent teams. It's not a tryout camp anymore."

Meyer said Moore, who scored a 32-yard touchdown last season at LSU, likely would take the starting role if Wynn can't play. Manson, a redshirt sophomore, and freshman Brandon James also are options.

The Gators may also seek less traditional solutions. Meyer said the offensive package for backup quarterback Tim Tebow has grown every week, and senior starter Chris Leak showed off his speed with a 45-yard run in Saturday's 28-13 win against Alabama.

And should Harvin recover in time to play Saturday, even he may get a few carries. At this point, Meyer is open to new ideas.

"Percy certainly can't play a full game at tailback," Meyer said. "He will certainly get a few reps there."

NOTES: Florida, Tulane and Utah State now are the only teams in the nation without a field goal. Meyer said Sunday that he remained confident in K Chris Hetland. … ESPN's "College GameDay" will broadcast from Gainesville on Saturday. The show hasn't broadcast from Gainesville since the 2003 Florida State game.

Gameday will broadcast from Gainesville for No. 5 vs No. 9 but wouldn't touch No. 3 vs. No. 6.... I hate ESPN... i wish we had a piss on espn emoticon

Guest Tigrinum Major

Wouldn't matter if he played. . . UF will be outclassed. LSU is a much better team IMO.

Fortunately, games are not played in your opinion.

They are played inside of television sets.

i wish we had a piss on espn emoticon

That is just pure class, ladies and gents.

I must apologize TM I lashed out in anger and became a whining 5 yr old a la JPW after his last INT last weekend.. won't happen again... it was a weak moment

No problem. I enjoy pointing out the faults in others. It helps me feel better about myself.

ya know the last person that treated me like that had a movie named after him... "Man Without a Face" .... :poke:

No problem. I enjoy pointing out the faults in others. It helps me feel better about myself.

:roflol::roflol:

You're killin' me, man. Anyway, don't count UF out of this one. Three things to consider. 1. They're playing in Gainesville. 2. LSU has been pretty banged up recently with some OLinemen and I believe a DE. 3. LSU has not shown it can run the ball yet against a stout defense. They got about 35 against us and I believe they barely cracked 100 against MSU.

This game is probably going to come down to J. Russell having to make the plays IMO.

:no: well... if you're feelin froggy jump kermit....

TM is a very fit Major in the Army. You know, those folks who kill people and break things for a living. I dont know much about you, but I would take odds on TM. Him, I know.

I am not in the military... have all the respect for them in the world.... i was simply posting in jest... but it seems i have thrown myself into the ranks of PcChamp and whoever has eeyore as their avatar... TM i'm just messin with ya... DKW please don't ban me to the seventh circle of hell... otherwise known as Tuscaloosa

I am not in the military... have all the respect for them in the world.... i was simply posting in jest... but it seems i have thrown myself into the ranks of PcChamp and whoever has eeyore as their avatar... TM i'm just messin with ya... DKW please don't ban me to the seventh circle of hell... otherwise known as Tuscaloosa

You're cool with me. :thumbsup:

Archived