I Hope I am Wrong

SCWarEagle

Look. I love Auburn. You can ask anybody. I have recent been described as "ett up" with Auburn. But when I look ahead to the game this weekend, I just don't see how in the world we are going to beat the Gators. I know we've pulled off miracles before, but if we beat Leak, Tebow and Co., that's almost what it will be - a miracle.

We're playing poorly in almost all facets of the game. Note, that I said the word "almost". There are a precious few players who seem to be playing at a high level, but in general, it just seems like something just isn't clicking all over the field. There's no need to name names.

I can't say that I've been overly impressed with the coaching the last few 3 or so weeks, either. I'm a Borges fan, but I'm just not seeing much at all from him right now. Where is that offense that TORCHED Bama last year? Maybe it's losing so many key wideouts and linemen. Maybe it's the injuries. I don't know. But it ain't like it used to be - not right now. The jury is still out on Muschamp, but I believe he just needs time to sculpt his personnel to fit his philosophy. We need players that are not just fast - they need some size, too. And for Pete's sake, will someone please put Tristan Davis on the field SOMEWHERE. That's a coaching decision.

With all of these problems, and with Florida destroying an LSU team that we barely beat, I just don't hold much optimism for the upcoming game. Like I said, I hope I am wrong, but that's just the way I see it.

Now, convince me I am wrong.

Look. I love Auburn. You can ask anybody. I have recent been described as "ett up" with Auburn. But when I look ahead to the game this weekend, I just don't see how in the world we are going to beat the Gators. I know we've pulled off miracles before, but if we beat Leak, Tebow and Co., that's almost what it will be - a miracle.

We're playing poorly in almost all facets of the game. Note, that I said the word "almost". There are a precious few players who seem to be playing at a high level, but in general, it just seems like something just isn't clicking all over the field. There's no need to name names.

I can't say that I've been overly impressed with the coaching the last few 3 or so weeks, either. I'm a Borges fan, but I'm just not seeing much at all from him right now. Where is that offense that TORCHED Bama last year? Maybe it's losing so many key wideouts and linemen. Maybe it's the injuries. I don't know. But it ain't like it used to be - not right now. The jury is still out on Muschamp, but I believe he just needs time to sculpt his personnel to fit his philosophy. We need players that are not just fast - they need some size, too. And for Pete's sake, will someone please put Tristan Davis on the field SOMEWHERE. That's a coaching decision.

With all of these problems, and with Florida destroying and LSU team that we barely beat, I just don't hold much optimism for the upcoming game. Like I said, I hope I am wrong, but that's just the way I see it.

I like your reverse mojo attempt. Nice efforting.

With all of these problems, and with Florida destroying and LSU team that we barely beat, I just don't hold much optimism for the upcoming game. Like I said, I hope I am wrong, but that's just the way I see it.

I like your reverse mojo attempt. Nice efforting.

Thanks. :au:

You are wrong in many ways.

First of all, you have no idea how we will play on Saturday. You have no idea what the atmosphere will be like. You have no idea what Florida's mindset or Auburn's mindset will be like.

We had a terrible outing against SC. We came out the next week trying to not make mistakes against a team we thought we would blow out, and we lost.

What is amazing is that after two weeks of sub-par play, people forget about FOUR LOSSES IN THREE YEARS. Which is more representative of our level of play? The last 2 games, or the last 3 years? You cannot say that we have played more outings like we did the last 2 in the past 3 years. You know that we have "it" in there somewhere. Prepare to see "it" Saturday night.

With all of these problems, and with Florida destroying an LSU team that we barely beat, I just don't hold much optimism for the upcoming game. Like I said, I hope I am wrong, but that's just the way I see it.

Ok. For starters:

--Florida didn't really "destroy" LSU. If LSU had gift wrapped 5 turnovers for us, including one that was a safety and another one on the Florida goal line that ended LSU's chances for a TD, I think we could have mustered a 13 point win too.

--Borges hasn't forgotten how to coach in a few short weeks. We looked good against Washington St and MSU. One of those teams has turned out not to look so bad. And frankly, we looked good in the SC game on offense too. If anyone can think his way out of the fog we were in against Arky, it's AB.

--We're at home and have a reputation amongst Gator fans for being a thorn in their side, much like Arky is to us, even when playing as an underdog.

That help?

Ok. For starters:

--Florida didn't really "destroy" LSU. If LSU had gift wrapped 5 turnovers for us, including one that was a safety and another one on the Florida goal line that ended LSU's chances for a TD, I think we could have mustered a 13 point win too.

--Borges hasn't forgotten how to coach in a few short weeks. We looked good against Washington St and MSU. One of those teams has turned out not to look so bad. And frankly, we looked good in the SC game on offense too. If anyone can think his way out of the fog we were in against Arky, it's AB.

--We're at home and have a reputation amongst Gator fans for being a thorn in their side, much like Arky is to us, even when playing as an underdog.

That help?

A little. Thanks. :au:

Even I don't find this a convincing argument but strange since I rarely remember dreams.

I dreamed that we beat Florida last night by a convincing score. Wish I could remember more but there it is.

I'm afraid that I can't find a link. Not to that particular dream, anyway. Sorry.

Even I don't find this a convincing argument but strange since I rarely remember dreams.

I dreamed that we beat Florida last night by a convincing score. Wish I could remember more but there it is.

I'm afraid that I can't find a link. Not to that particular dream, anyway. Sorry.

Funny, last night I dreamed we beat the crap out of Florida. Leak threw several INT's and we kept a spy on Tebow. Oh, and Tre didn't fumble even ONCE and ran several time sfor positive yardage. That's when I knew it was a dream.

WE ARE AUBURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That should be enough for anyone in Orange and Blue!

WDE!

hey..........corndog will be suspended if you are right!

First of all the O-line will have to show up for us to have any chance. Irons will have to be able to run the ball and Cox must have time to throw. Then the defense is going to have to do a much better job againist the spread than they did againist South Carolina. We have a chance there iwith Wilhite in the lineup and hopefully the addition of Blackmon will help the D. But the play of the O-line will likely be the difference between winning and losing this game, and a couple more later in the season for that matter.

Ok. For starters:

That help?

Absolutely right! In no way did Florida destroy LSU. LSU gave that game away! Anyone that watched that game saw LSU make some very costly mistakes. Florida surely didn't look good against Kentucky. Florida will be a formidable foe, but they are beatable. Will we step up and do it is another matter.

We barely beat LSU in 2004. Georgia absolutly destroyed them the next game, 45-16.

Well you know the rest of the story.

I really don't have any good argument why you shouldn't worry about Florida. In fact, I am very worried about Florida given the last few weeks that ultimately culminated into a loss... but, I will always have hope. I hope that is enough reason for you, it certainly is for me. Win or lose, it will still be great to be an Auburn tiger. :cheer: Keep your head high, bud, I think it will be a great game this Saturday.

What he said. Vs :usc: , we only had six possessions - 3 TDs, 1 FG. Pretty good production.

:uf: is good, and well coached, but they don't run it that well (especially when Tiny Tim, er, I mean Tommy Tutone, er, I mean Tom Tuttle from Tacoma, er I mean Tim Tebow isn't in the game). If we limit them on first down - i.e., make them one-dimensional - I think they're very beatable.

The other big key to me, though, is the O-line. :uf: 's defensive front seven is the strength of their team (-11 rush yds for :ut: ); if we can't block them, we can't beat them. Like someone said in another thread, :au: needs to come out swinging and hit them in the mouth. We've all heard CTT talk the "physician" talk, now the team's got to walk the "physical" walk. (Sorry, that - like the Tebow bit above - sounded much cooler in my head . . . )

WAR EAGLE!! BEAT :uf: !!

:au:

I think Auburn has a good chance to win the game!

Some of the keys to the game are very simple

1. Protect BC so he can have a chance to throw the ball without running for his life

2. Pressure CL when he is being pressured he makes a lot of mistakes, rattle him early and often!

3. Establish a running game with KI and control the line of scrimmage.

4. The recievers have to get open and create big plays.

5. Control TT and DW and the Fl running game.

6. The secondary must contain DC,PH, cant have breakdowns in coverage and PI calls

I think Auburn can win :thumbsup:

What is amazing is that after two weeks of sub-par play, people forget about FOUR LOSSES IN THREE YEARS. Which is more representative of our level of play? The last 2 games, or the last 3 years? You cannot say that we have played more outings like we did the last 2 in the past 3 years. You know that we have "it" in there somewhere. Prepare to see "it" Saturday night.

Actually the last two games (Played by the current team) are far more representative of our "level of play" this year than games from the last three years (played by players and coaches that are no longer in orange and blue).

I think Auburn has a good chance to win the game!

Some of the keys to the game are very simple

1. Protect BC so he can have a chance to throw the ball without running for his life

2. Pressure CL when he is being pressured he makes a lot of mistakes, rattle him early and often!

3. Establish a running game with KI and control the line of scrimmage.

4. The recievers have to get open and create big plays.

5. Control TT and DW and the Fl running game.

6. The secondary must contain DC,PH, cant have breakdowns in coverage and PI calls

I think Auburn can win :thumbsup:

Of course Auburn can win. Good points above. Those are generally the keys to winning any game. The real keys to this game lie between the ears (and not just the big ones). If our players and coaches are aware of (and prepare for) a few key certainties, then we'll be OK. If they pull another Arkansas (Oh look, they decided to run the ball with a freshman QB. Didn't see that coming), then hello Shreveport.

1). Tebow will run. Every Down. And he'll run through the line to the left. Don't be surprised. With our corners, sell out for the run and trust the DBs to take care of his one pass attempt per game.

2). A Freshman center (starting his second game) is not a good idea in the SEC. He did a servicable job last game, but don't expect too much out of him. ROLLOUT....Be prepared for pressure (and lots of it) up the middle.

3). Running it up the middle 80% of the time on 1st down won't do it. Neither will calling a HB draw on 2nd and long after a huge 1st down loss. If the blue-hairs in the stands know what you're going to call, it's a good bet the Gator Linebackers do as well.

4). UF has a crappy running game (outside of Tebow). Play the pass (that includes screens).

Here's hoping that we'll be rolling Toomers Sat. night instead of being treated to another one of those "who knew they were going to go with their strengths" post game conferences by the Tubbinator.

WDE.

Archived