Brad Lester

Raven_tiger

Lester is very explosive to the hole. Why not give Kenny a chance to heal up for the all important stretch run??? KI just looks a step or two slower with the turf toe injury.

WDE

I thought Irons was back to 100%? Is he not??

Lester will be carrying the load next year, and yes he is extremely explosive...

We are well stocked at RB for sure...just picked up another RB commit today....

Lester is very explosive to the hole. Why not give Kenny a chance to heal up for the all important stretch run??? KI just looks a step or two slower with the turf toe injury.

WDE

I have no idea what game you were watching, but a banged up KI runs up into the line a whole lot harder than BL. BL is great in the open field, but he does not have near the power KI has in traffic. I'm hoping by next year the OL will be much better. If not, we will not have near the inside game we have now. Love the guy. He runs hard. But not hard enough to compare him ti KI just yet.

My beef is with Carl Stewart not getting the ball. He gets one pass a game for 20 yards each and never gets another?

WDE

I have no idea what game you were watching, but a banged up KI runs up into the line a whole lot harder than BL. BL is great in the open field, but he does not have near the power KI has in traffic. I'm hoping by next year the OL will be much better. If not, we will not have near the inside game we have now. Love the guy. He runs hard. But not hard enough to compare him ti KI just yet.

My beef is with Carl Stewart not getting the ball. He gets one pass a game for 20 yards each and never gets another?

This game:

Lester had 94yds on 17 carries (5.5 yds/carry ) tonight.

WDE

I have no idea what game you were watching, but a banged up KI runs up into the line a whole lot harder than BL. BL is great in the open field, but he does not have near the power KI has in traffic. I'm hoping by next year the OL will be much better. If not, we will not have near the inside game we have now. Love the guy. He runs hard. But not hard enough to compare him to KI just yet.

This game:

He also got stuffed twice on 3rd and short. His yards came with big nice holes. Whenever he go hit, he immediately went down. There are gonna be days when there aren't many holes. That's when you can't compare the two. As a tandem, they work great, but KI is who I would feed tha ball to more. KI had 5.1ypc and did most after contact. Had he been in the game with the big holes, he too might have had the long runs. He looked hurt tonight. Maybe they just kept him out since BL was doing well. But I still feel KI is the more powerful runner. BL will get his chance next year. Go ahead and be excited. Just don't even think of taking the ball out of KI's hands. He provides the horse-power for this offense.

Both our backs ran hard tonight. I love both of them, the only complaint I have about Brad is that he tends to get airborne quite a bit, like trying to jump over the defense linesmen to get extra yard, and everytime, without fail, he would get knock back down. You just can't jump up like that when you're toting the rock. It's freaky dangerous.

WDE

I have no idea what game you were watching, but a banged up KI runs up into the line a whole lot harder than BL. BL is great in the open field, but he does not have near the power KI has in traffic. I'm hoping by next year the OL will be much better. If not, we will not have near the inside game we have now. Love the guy. He runs hard. But not hard enough to compare him to KI just yet.

This game:

He also got stuffed twice on 3rd and short. His yards came with big nice holes. Whenever he go hit, he immediately went down. There are gonna be days when there aren't many holes. That's when you can't compare the two. As a tandem, they work great, but KI is who I would feed tha ball to more. KI had 5.1ypc and did most after contact. Had he been in the game with the big holes, he too might have had the long runs. He looked hurt tonight. Maybe they just kept him out since BL was doing well. But I still feel KI is the more powerful runner. BL will get his chance next year. Go ahead and be excited. Just don't even think of taking the ball out of KI's hands. He provides the horse-power for this offense.

KI has a turf toe injury and is sporting a steel plate in his right shoe. He is not 100%. BL hit to hole at full tilt and ran very hard. BL is 100%. Is BL Earl Campbell? No. But he provided a spark last night to our running game and seemed poised to take it to the endzone on several occasions. UF has a great run defense, BL put 94 yds on them sharing carries. If the OL doesn't create space on 3rd and short, not many backs are going to get that 1-2 yards. Earl could...

brad is like warrick dunn with a little less shake and little more speed. he's gonna be a stud as a starter, and we're going to have plenty of inside presence in the run game over the next few years. don't know if you've ever heard of carl stewart and ben tate, but they're both pretty big, pretty fast, pretty talented guys. also, whether he's a banger or not, brad is great between the tackles.

kenny's not 100%, but i still think people talking about how different he looks are overstating it a bit. simple fact is defenses are keying all over him. couldn't do it last year b/c the passing game was so explosive. not true this year so they just mash him every touch. he's a little dinged up, but his 5 ypc average says he's still a helluva back.

Archived